Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

What are your Spider Plans for Spring?

4K views 62 replies 24 participants last post by  Tizzam 
#1 · (Edited)
My car has been sitting in pieces in the garage for over six weeks. A truly miserable ice covered winter ran rampant over my big-boy toy plans.
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

To add insult to injury, our end-of-winter ice storms were followed by thunderstorms and >50 MPH winds. Dallas, my home, sits in the middle of a very large, flat prairie. If the wind blows, it's either packing dust, pollen or both. In addition to replacing an attic roof turbine that is now probably somewhere in Canada, I have some serious detailing work to get all the dust off of and out of the car. Only then can the Android upgrade, interior updates, miscellaneous tweaks, and re-assembly get done.

And now I have a deadline. I've been invited to join @alltimesaresoon, @mtnghost and a few others to drive the Devil's Highway in Arizona in April. Which means I have about three weeks to complete all my projects.

So that is what I'll be doing with my Spider this weekend (and probably the next two as well).
What are your spring Spider plans?

See less See more
#49 ·
Here's a startup video after 192 days to show my spring plans coming home!

Enjoy

#50 ·
Here's a startup video after 192 days to show my spring plans coming home!

Enjoy

Congratulations! I know the rebuild has been a long, hard, delay filled road. Happy to see your car up and running again!

Reactions: alltimesaresoon
#52 ·
Thanks for the info - was not aware of this issue. Just ordered some coil overs - may hold off on the phase 3 tune and injectors a bit. The only one I know running the tune and injectors is @drivendistrict - maybe he’ll chime in to offer some feedback too.

#53 ·
I live in the Phoenix area and drove the Devil's Highway last summer. I've been on this road on motorcycles, and in my Honda CRX in the 80's. By far, the Spyder was WAY more fun than any of these. I got a "two fingers down" wave from a crotch rocket heading south. (I was going north). Strange to get that "wave" not being on a bike. Two minutes later, he was on my tail, having done a u-turn. I assumed he was looking for fun, so I boosted my speed, watching him almost knee dragging behind me in the turns. After a few miles, I waved him by. Now it was my turn to keep up. What a blast! The only time he pulled away was on a couple of straight aways, when it took me a bit to catch up. But I did. My girlfriend was very brave, and hung in there in the passenger's seat. I think her knuckles were a bit white, but it was also a thrilling ride for her. Made me very happy to be an owner of an ABARTH. I have the mare blue with the heritage stripe, 6 speed manual, Record Monza exhaust. Enjoy your drive, and it's fun going uphill and downhill if your route & time permits!

#58 ·
I'm toying with injectors but the "right" ones meaning long tips/EV14 while the car is tuned. I'm flowing more air and exhaust and I don't want the stubby ones at 550cc. Has anyone used the Bosch 0280158123 injectors, these are 628cc @ 3b. It all looks right and these were a 500/Dart swap.

#59 ·
Sounds like too much fuel for your application. The 550 is only recommended for e85, so it’s already about 25-40% too much for pump gas. With all that fuel, you will quickly dilute your oil and end up with wash down with. The engine causing premature and rapid wear. Just a heads up.

#60 ·
Around here mid-April means Tulip Festival. I have been going every year since I moved to this area in 2017.

This was today at the 2023 Skagit Tulip Festival.
Sky Wheel Cloud Tire Plant

The next big Spring event is the reopening of North Cascades Highway around Memorial Day Weekend.

#63 ·
my 19 is 15.7ish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.