Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on twitter and thought it would be a clever thread. What have you guys fit in the trunk of you 124 Spider so far ??

·
Registered
267 Posts
biggest thing for me so is my Taylor acoustic guitar in soft or hard case. Very difficult in hard case, easy in soft. Had to take out right side panel and fit right in. Same time had my briefcase and lunchbox in there.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Anyone looking for a cheat code should consider getting a rack like the following, although I would be concerned about what it'll do to our paint. Good for those of us wanting to go on long trips because my needs and my other will exceed what the truck allows:

·
Registered
727 Posts
When I was in graduate school I used to play Three-Deminsional Tetris on my computer, in between studies. It was a meditative stress reducer. A friend looking over my shoulder once said, "You actually do this for fun?".

Thus, I LOVE trying to fit items into a small trunk. My 350Z convertible had a tiny trunk as well. Looking back, I'm amazed at how much stuff I got into that thing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I can fit one girlfriend in my trunk, still alive an unharmed. I probably shouldve taken a picture. I imagine she would have no issue doing it again...

·
Registered
727 Posts
I can fit one girlfriend in my trunk, still alive an unharmed. I probably shouldve taken a picture. I imagine she would have no issue doing it again...
Did you know that the inside trunk release lever glows in the dark? I mean, even if you're mad at her she's going to find her way out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lol, the posts are taking a dark turn. The trunk is generally large enough for daily errands and the odd SO riding in there.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Anyone looking for a cheat code should consider getting a rack like the following, although I would be concerned about what it'll do to our paint. Good for those of us wanting to go on long trips because my needs and my other will exceed what the truck allows:

I cannot understand why MAZDA shrunk the trunk and above all the opening of the trunk by around 5" in their 2016. You cannot put a golf Bag and maybe drivers., Unless you play with women clubs or Jr clubs. And Here when they say MX5 is HERS and 124 Spider is HIS, I believe it. Not sexiest but realistic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just took my luggage to the airport for the first time, and was pleased with the amount of leftover space.

The bottom well of the trunk seems perfectly sized (designed?) For an international carry-on bag. After filling that, I still had room for a laptop bag, a couple of jackets, and maybe 1/3 of an SO. Which is more gruesome than I intended to be... Bleh.

·
Registered
958 Posts

I cannot understand why MAZDA shrunk the trunk and above all the opening of the trunk by around 5" in their 2016. You cannot put a golf Bag and maybe drivers., Unless you play with women clubs or Jr clubs. And Here when they say MX5 is HERS and 124 Spider is HIS, I believe it. Not sexiest but realistic.
I have put a full sized set of men's clubs in my Lusso trunk. You have to remove the clubs from the bag, and remove the passenger side panel to accomodate the woods. You put the woods in first, then the bag, then the irons. There is still room for items that will fit around the bag or in the well, like shoes, dozen balls, jacket, etc.

·
Registered
145 Posts
A 3 week Pacific coastal roadtrip for 2 people. 3 clothes bags, 1 pool/beach bag, 1 bag Type 1 diabetic supplies, 1 camera bag - dslr with 3 lens, 1 bag of waterless Griot's car cleaning materials, laptop computer, shoes in various nooks, 2 sweatshirts and 2 windbreaker jackets. And still enough space for some small purchases along the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Like a magazine, a newspaper, some postcards,... ;)
Well actually a bit more than that. Some Triumph TR7 parts, stuff that came in jars from Mendocino, and - because my newish and elaborate dslr crapped out after the first week - a (smaller) backup digital camera kit, and assorted commemorative shirts and hats. And the postcards of course. Always room for one more thing!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A 3 week Pacific coastal roadtrip for 2 people. 3 clothes bags, 1 pool/beach bag, 1 bag Type 1 diabetic supplies, 1 camera bag - dslr with 3 lens, 1 bag of waterless Griot's car cleaning materials, laptop computer, shoes in various nooks, 2 sweatshirts and 2 windbreaker jackets. And still enough space for some small purchases along the way.
Were you a tetris champion back in the day by any chance?! That looks perfectly fitted !!

·
Registered
727 Posts
When the trunk is full, there's still the two secret cubbies behind the seats and the middle cubby. There's even some space behind the roll bars if you leave the top up. The issue I have when I travel is that I like to shop.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Used the locking center box for the reg, garage door opener, sunscreen, owners manuals, paper maps and tour books. Behind the seats for snacks and also some souvenir glass mugs from an event we attended in Ventura. Center console got the gas log/notebook, tire pressure gauge, flashlight, pen and pencil.
Nope - no Tetris. Just several years of shipboard Navy living. (And all soft-sided bags picked for their measurements.)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts