Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! So my coolant levels are running low, and I want to top it off.
But here in Canada, I can't seem to find neither the Mopar coolants (not for less than $100), nor the Mazda FL22.
What other coolants can I use to top off my coolant reservoir? The current coolant has a black color, so I believe the original purple has already been mixed with a green on, so now the color doesn't matter for me anymore.

When I look for FL22 coolant at Amazon, these are the results that show up:

Can I use any of those ones?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
You can't find FL22 at a Mazda dealership?

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
Can you order on Amazon?
I provided a link for when I bought for topping off.

aloha mike

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't recall which one I used, but my Source was AMAZON as well.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I found this quite helpful:

Although I don't understand why we need to use some special coolant if both Mazda green and Chrysler purple coolants are ethylene glycol.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The Mazda OEM coolant seems to have disappeared from Amazon.

·
Registered
793 Posts
This is the same stuff the car came with, and as Mike34 said, it came from Amazon.
Yep. The Ravenol FL22 is what I purchased, except mine was not the premix. Either way, it matches what the 124 came with and won't turn the coolant black like the purple stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
In Canada, go to your local FCA dealership, and order MOPAR sku 68334695aa.

If you want to order it online, here's a URL to purchase it from MOPAR directly. http://parts-catalog.moparrepairconnection.ca/catalog-2/search/68334695AA

This is the FL22 fluid, and it shows as $50.75 CAD, or the equivalent or around $35 USD. You could also go to a Mazda dealership and order the FL22 fluid as well.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I got the Ravenol stuff too, from Amazing Amazon. The level was ‘low’ in the reservoir; there doesn’t seem to be a lot of volume difference between low and high. Not had to top it off after bringing it to the high mark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts