Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's the EC Catch Can, right? I'm glad that they changed the mounting location (I like it better where you have it) from where it's shown on their site (see attached)?

(Also, just curious - why are the hoses crossed on both your installation and the one on their site but NOT in the instructions here:http://www.124spider.org/forum/361-...how-install-eurocompulsion-catch-can-kit.html )?
I'm not the biggest fan of the location. I was expecting the bracket that's in the picture you uploaded since that's the bracket used in their photos on their site. As far as the hose placement, I just followed the directions on EC's website. Clarification on this would be nice I suppose. lol

There was an issue for some cars with the original mounting location that they show in their pictures - it was either Abarths couldn't mount it where they had it, or manuals couldn't - can't remember the exact details. It's important to make sure you put the right options in when you order the catch can when you order it for that reason.
Ahhh understood. Makes sense now.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nice. Any thoughts on how that might serve as a winter storage method? I was thinking jack stands, but that looks even easier.
I'm not sure if I'd want to leave a car on there too long. The hydraulics aren't under pressure or anything since after raising the car you lower it so it rests in the locked position. Should probably be okay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts