Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
Did the CarPlay retrofit/build/mod/update and tweaks today. Using Dan’s blog and Eddie Clark’s video (pistons & petrol) it was an easy job. Took some time but love the result. Everything came out easy. Halfway picture

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
Just received the AliExpress cubby shelf. Fits perfect and quality is good for its price. just under €5 including shipping! Arrived in 16days.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
Installed dark sequential side markers. Easy job!
Cleaned the hood drain filters. Took the route removing the trim behing the seat. Guess it was never done before. Right side filter was filled to the top with composted leaves.
Tried to loosen the RM valve which is stuck. Guess it wasn’t ever properly maintained either. Moved it a bit and it stuck in that position. Will let it soak for a few hours and try again.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
Installed the mx5things window controller today. I think this is a must do mod and should be done in the factory.
Pretty easy install.
Main use: the ability to close the windows without powering up the car (getting in the car and double tapping the start button)
We tend to leave the top open when parking in the driveway. And walk back to close it later. Now i can simply close the top and walk away, double tapping the lock on fob wil close the windows and lock the car.
Changed the airbag warning for the Abarth one while at it.
Amazing work Sergey @ssh16.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
So stoopid Q time Robbert. Is the window shut mechanism linked to the locking function? Does that mean it’ll shut the windows with the ‘auto lock’ or walk away setting turned on?
I don’t know. I don’t have auto-lock feature. My guess is it won’t work that way. You need to tap the controller into the lock harness. Double tapping the lock engages the windows. (The module reads the double signal). My guess the autolock feature only locks/unlocks the door once.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
Brought the Spider to a detailer to get a deepwash, double polish and two coats of ceramic coating. He just started. Can’t wait for the results.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
Installed H&R -30mm lowering kit. Watched the YouTube video bij NGEN a few times and went for it. Not at all complicated just a lot of work working with one jack and the worst spring compressors out there.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
Got a stage1 tune at the go-to tuner for Abarth/Fiat/Alfa Romeo in The Netherlands, HS Corse. They also did a Selina oil change and installed NGK SIKR9A7 spark plugs.

With the stock run the Abarth only ran 151pk instead of ~170pk (euro numbers).
With the tune it ran 171pk. Somethings wrong!!

After thorough diagnostics it turned out the GFB DV+ was stuck open resulting in some pressure loss. They polished the bras piston and reassembled. Another run, 182pk and 298Nm.
They usually get 190-195pk out of the 124 but somehow I do get more Nm’s then normal.

Drive is awesome. Picks up so quick. Can’t wait to drive some more this weekend. Torque is what you feel so I am going to try this for a while.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
In addition, … , how is the ride comfort with the PS4s in comparison to the factory fit? :D
Can’t really tell yet. It’s raining today 😅
The OEM Bridgestones where 5 years old (and 45k km on dash but prob also on winters). My guess: That alone will be a lot of difference on any tire.
But I do already like the looks of going from 205 to 215 width. It’s a small bit but looks a lot bigger/fatter

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
101 Posts
I really need to install my springs, I can’t decide if I should … just do it myself.
It was fairly easy. …
Honestly, the hardest part was jacking the car up and down. LOL...
You do need some spring compressors, though. …
Same experience. This was an easy job and you should try this your self. It’s really rewarding doing it yourself. I used the video from NGEN (Link here) as reference. All in al 3 hours but I lost a lot of time on the spring compressors. Mine didn’t really work well.
Glasses Wood Automotive tire Font Gas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts