Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
You must be near Russia, USA. Sorry to hear that but I would probably do the same in your shoes.
The gorgeous Idaho Panhandle by Lake Coeur d'Alene. It's beautiful today but cold. It will warm-up again and the snow will go but they've started putting de-icer (brine) on the highways and stone chips on the minor roads. Don't want my baby to get beaten-up :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
It was 51F here today and there's still plenty of snow on the mountains but I drove IDSPIDY to town and back with the roof down (and the heater on). Extra points were obtained as I returned with flowers for my wife :)

With a woolly hat and gloves on it was really very pleasant. It really does need a wash. Maybe next week?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Today I allowed some sort of bulbous Italian coupe with little horses on it to overtake my '17 Classica automatic. I got the distinct impression the driver wanted a good look at the Fiat :D

I actually saw another 124 the other day. That makes three in three years and I've driven it through nearly all the the states in the Western US.

·
Registered
110 Posts
She was a bit mucky so I washed her last night then took her for a close-up. (No! The Fiat)

IDSPIDY is a stock "never been raced or rallyed" 2017 Classica "ottermatic". (When you get to my age you'll understand :) )

Bought it from a Fiat dealership in Salt Lake City in March 2019 for a rather low price. Had 500 demo miles on it so they had to sell it used but it had never been registered, and who the heck buys a RWD convertible in snow country in March?
Best bit is nobody knows what it actually is. I keep getting buzzed by exotic machines that probably cost ten times as much.

The pic is at Mica Bay, Lake Coeur d'Alene.

·
Registered
110 Posts
....I highly recommend that you, like me, move away pronto from Ramsey Fiat....lol. Kidding aside, it must be maddening.
Ah! NJ shops are not always the best. Took our Vanagon in for a service and they insisted the brake drums needed to be turned. Unfortunately the idiot who did it mounted them eccentric on the lathe! (It was a while ago and I can't remember the place. Off 208 I think.)

Mind you CA isn't much better. Leased a Volvo and they talked me into Permaplate(?) to protect the paint and carpets. The pile fell out of the carpets after two years! And no, they refused to replace them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yipee! Finally some proper rain! So I put the roof up and drove it OUT of the garage to get a good soaking with nice soft rain water. When the rain stopped I cleared most of the the water with a soft brush and chamois dried it. No detergents, no additives, no nuthin'. Looks great!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Changed the oil and oil filter. Takes about 30 minutes :D

I use a fluid evacuator and I measure the amount that comes out to make sure I got all of it. I also vacuum the residual oil out of the filter housing. I always try to change the oil in my vehicles myself. I really do not trust the dealers and the lube places. They've overfilled my engines far too often.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Crikey! That's one serious prang. Glad to hear you were not too badly injured. Reminds me of an incident a while back when I T-boned a drunk who ran through a stop sign. I thought I was a goner but fortunately my little truck was new and it was equipped with an airbag. The impact disconnected the brake pedal from the master cylinder and I ended up in a field.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I seem to have wrecked a tire. I took an exit from the state highway and there was a really nasty "surprise" pot hole. The rim bottomed out and now the tire is losing air. Then I discovered a staple right at the edge of the tread in another tire. I can hear air escaping when I waggle the staple.

The tires on the car are the original Yokohamas which seem to be almost unobtainable in the US at the moment. My tire shop has ordered four Continentals to replace them in the event that they cannot be repaired which I suspect is more than tikely. They expect to have them tomorrow - that's pretty good service :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts