Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
173 Posts
........And so it begins: Red ignition button, "Abarth" warning light cover and rubber floor mats appropriate for a "spider".
Gear shift Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Steering part

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
173 Posts
Red should be good for a least 0.15 seconds in the quarter mile.....

Reactions: TX_Bandit

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
They will look great....66mm (or about 2.5") centered above fender repeater.

Reactions: 124NC

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Nixed the cheap shift and e brake faux leather boots in favor of some redline leather ones.....nice quality improvement. Like many, I mulled over the alcanttara vs leather debate and went with the perforated Napa leather being that the 124 has perforated leather on the steering wheel but nowhere else. I have the American spec Abarth (no Alcantara) so I opted to reinforce what was already there rather than "one-off" again with alcantara black. fyi - the Redline Napa Perforated leather matches up well with the perforation on the wheel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Decided to upgrade my sill plates with the newer 2020 MX5 ones. It's a direct fit and takes all of 10 minutes to install (some before, after and install photos).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Those are nice, what's the part number? Where can we find them?
These are the part numbers:
NF7R-68-710-02​
Plate(R) Front Scuff​
NF7R-68-720-02​
Plate(L) Front Scuff​

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Never was keen on the 124's "pink" dipstick or the unfinished quality of the exposed screws attaching the door latch striker. A few easy solutions from Rustoleum and eBay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Took off the turbo bracket thing that everyone paints, sanded off rust, cleaned up, degreased and applied primer. Tomorrow will apply Matt black top coat.
Old photo but neatens things up a bit in the engine bay......
Car Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive fuel system Automotive super charger part

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Very nice! Exactly what I am going for. I like the candy red on your dipstick!
That just happens spontaneously when you say nice things about me ;)....

Reactions: LawsonGibbles

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Mirrors should disappear. "Invisible" would be the ideal color. The blue is less obtrusive IMO.
Once again, I'm with Magoffin on this stylistic issue. Mirrors should blend in as much as possible as it's best not to call attention to a body part (automotive or otherwise) that is not inherently good looking. Sort of the same reason why interior designers don't opt for "loud", decorative electrical switchplates in a room....less obtrusive as they want the observer's eye to concentrate elsewhere....

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Swapped the AR Resonated exhaust for a straight pipe AFE exhaust. Sound barely changed! ... that center resonator does all the work, not even sure why you'd need the resonated axleback if you have a center resonator. Kinda wish I knew how the AR/Resonated without the center resonator would sound before I go through the trouble to get the center resonator chopped out.
That is exactly my spec (AR Resonated exhaust with new tips) on my non-center resonated Abarth. I'll post a recording as soon as I can......(ps - I like the sound; nice and aggressive with just enough "pops" on the road. Your neighbors will look up but won't be annoyed. Youtube has videos).

Attachments

Reactions: Racer27 and CDNA

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
"I did have a problem with tyres (tires) as the stock size is 205/45/17, I couldn’t get them in the Michelin PS4 and so opted for the 215/45/17, I’m not so happy about that, but we’ll see."
Just a quick question. Are you unhappy because you couldn't keep the stock 205 size or is there something off with the performance/size of your 215's that you are unhappy with? I ask b/c I am considering going with those michelin 215's once my Bridgestones give way. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
....I highly recommend that you, like me, move away pronto from Ramsey Fiat....lol. Kidding aside, it must be maddening.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Installed the 17x7 Oz Ultraleggeras and Eibach (US) Pro-Kit Springs....new Amsoil SAE 5W-40 FS and filter.....(now for a little exterior TLC)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Finally getting around to some mods piling up in the garage.......Eibach Pro-Kit (US) Springs with Oz Ultraleggeras (ET37), GWR Bump Stops & Lightweight wheel lugs, Abarth wheel caps, Cravenspeed door bushings and the MX5 ND replacement visors.....busy yet satisfying week.
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Car
Office supplies Motor vehicle Automotive design Office equipment Machine

Reactions: 17221

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
That’s a whole lot of modding, looks lovely though, I have to say the lower stance really suits this car. What is the difference in visors? My car has the OEM door bushings, what advantage is there to the Cravenspeed ones?
The visor are mostly a cosmetic upgrade. They are slightly padded and softer, tactilely, than our "Yugo-like", concave plastic visors. They function the same, are about the same weight but just look and feel a bit more premium. You can see from the photo above that they fill out the underside by the mirror (not concave with an exterior ridge on the underside like the Fiat's). It is about a $200 upgrade so no blaming anyone who doesn't think it is worth it. Ameridan has a descriptive article on the difference: Upgrading the Visors

Door Bushings?....some people say there is no difference, others do. I figure it is a convertible so a bit more rigidity through the doors can't hurt. They fit nicely and doors close snugly on my instillation.

Reactions: Walshy6677

·
Premium Member
173 Posts

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Haven't posted in a while, but I've installed Eibach Pro-Kit Springs and Eibach 15mm/20mm Spacers all round. Stance and feel is greatly improved, it should've been like this from the factory.

View attachment 89817

Still planning on the Turbo Technics S260 upgrade next year, and will be trimming the steering wheel in Alcantara with a yellow (rather than red) 12 o'clock stripe in the next few weeks to match the rest of the interior. Also have a reversing camera to retrofit when the weather improves. As always, I'm always aiming for an OEM+ look.
Yes, as said, great mod....the blue also looks great. Too bad that color is not available stateside. I replaced springs with US Eibachs as well and really like the snapier dynamics but still debating whether to go higher (Swifts next up the scale). To London's point about wheels, I agree that you may enjoy lighter rotating mass (ie alloys at 22lbs and the oem tires at about the same). I'm still waiting to wear my Bridgestones down a bit more but made a quick change to OZ wheels and saved about 6lbs per corner. I'm pretty sure I can feel the difference. Get about 1 mpg more as well. Nevertheless, your car and choices look great!

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
A well Italian made aluminum Badge for the non-tow hook side of the Abarth grill (US passenger) and four scorpion Tire Valves......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts