Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,126 Posts
Went for a drive with good company, oh and saw a beautiful red Abarth with heritage stripe on the way home! Only a few miles from me. Hopefully the owner is on this forum and joins us on our next outing.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
@San Jose Steve I live in Bay area and drive Mt Hamilton often we should meet up sometime. Love to take photos with the original and new 124 side by side at Lick observatory. Btw did they open the parking lot back up yet last time I went it was all gated up.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
That would be fun. We probably drive that road once every 8 weeks or so. Last October we took our green 1959 GMC truck and passed a new 124 in black coming up from the East side. Might have been you. The only 124 I've ever seen up there. Our club is doing a day trip to SLO on the 20th of the Month. When the details are published, I'll send them to you in case you want to tag along. -Steve
If it was driving like a mad man it was likely me because that’s exactly when I got it! LOL that was also the first drive I did with it so I guess we have met! I believe I have responded to your earlier post on a Bay Area drive but was unable to make it on a Saturday. I would love to drive the coast in the Abarth but it’s very hard to get Saturday’s off. Hopefully we meet again on the mountain.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sys one and crosspipe. Go in tomorrow View attachment 84631 View attachment 84632
Love the v band clamps on the Goodwin pipes! They are amazing, easy to install and no gaskets! Plus they just plain look good. The quick change resonator is just genius! Was my exhaust of choice if my car hadn’t come with the record monza. May get one of these some day but for now the monza sounds amazing!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I took my new Abarth for its first canyon run! More of a really mellow drive top down of course, through the tree lined Calaveras canyon. It was so nice to be in an Abarth again and damn that monza sounds good. Even got a nice backfire! Unfortunately it was as I passed some highway patrol! Any way it was a nice day and a beautiful drive.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Dyno day! Put Hannah on the Dynopack today and she put out factory flywheel HP and TQ to the hubs! No correction factor smoothing or any such voodoo. First pass was 178tq 145hp, a little low but second was 189tq 165hp. I did the second pull and was smoother on the throttle. This was a 2wd hub Dyno completely stock vehicle and in fifth gear the 1:1 ratio needed for this Dyno to be accurate. Hopefully I get the files soon and can post exact info but for now I have a video of it allows me to post it.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Today, you ask? I went out for what was supposed to be a "coffee run" at our local Dazzle Coffee Shop, but the top was down, it was 70 degrees F (21C) and though it was overcast and looked like rain, I couldn't help myself. Headed out of town with coffee in tow, then 130 miles happened before I knew it. Almost had an encounter with Bambi early on, and dodged a few vultures, but otherwise a fine, fine, ride. Here are some pics....

View attachment 85363 View attachment 85364 View attachment 85365 View attachment 85366 View attachment 85367 View attachment 85368 View attachment 85370 View attachment 85371 View attachment 85372 View attachment 85373
Ha! You have my exact car except I couldn’t take the red so I got the carbon mirror caps! Keep going back and forth on the red. Love the car and the drive.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I just noticed the red top on your car that is seriously good looking! Excellent choice. Makes me wonder what the red top would look like on a white spider.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
They came as part of the “Red Top Edition” package.

What is the Velleno package?
A waste of money! Lol well to be fair it looks good on darker colored cars to offset the darkness? On the white car it looks like a$$ in my opinion unless you have the matte boot and bonnet. It also gives you the scorpion floor mats and a “bright” dead pedal.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hey, we are slowly crawling out of the reptilian muck. Last year our state legislature agreed to abolish yearly automotive mechanical inspections after it was proven they did absolutely nothing to reduce accidents. They finally realized what everybody already knew: Responsible people maintain their cars in good working order and idiots that don't just use counterfeit/stolen inspection stickers.
This reminds me of another asinine law they are trying to pass, gun control! It only takes guns away from responsible gun owners, and does nothing to stop the criminals from having them.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Sorry didn’t know won’t happen again. Now back to the original question. What did you do to your spider today? Well I just got back from yet another beautiful Sunday drive on highway 9. Sorry no pictures this time.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
rglass, what a great idea, I never gave this a thought. My RM exhaust has less than a hundred miles on it. I could still do this.
Did you ever get contacted about possibly trading your straight midpipe for a resonated one to cut down on noise?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Just finished another lovely drive in the spider. This time the destination was Lick Observatory for a panoramic picture from the parking lot. Unfortunately it’s still closed due to the fires doing some damage so these pictures will have to do. Enjoy the view from the highest point in the South Bay Area. The second has the telescope dome in the background.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts