Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Pretty Low Key, the weather here has been shocking, so installed Apple Car Play (such an improvement over the stock interface IMO), PTP Turbo blanket, GFB DV+, Eurocompulsion V1 intake, AFE Pro Dry S Filter, finished off the Mishimoto Catch Can and attached my Cravenspeed Stubby, all pretty straightforward stuff, but good fun nonetheless...now if only the damn weather would ease up a little!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Hood Car
Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive design Crankset Motor vehicle
Telephony Communication Device Tablet computer Mobile phone Mobile device

·
Registered
436 Posts
Like em. Do wonder if I'd have like the machined lip better.

Love the performance tho. 10.7 lbs less per corner, no more run flats, wider tire by 10mm......ya don't know how clunky the old wheel tire combo is was until you change it. Smoother ride, noticeable accel litheness, handling improvement...feels nimble...
Lovely, my budget is spent this year, but new rims will be on the agenda next year.

·
Registered
436 Posts
1st drive over the mountains on my new hypergrams and continental ECS's.

This car is a dream to own and the handling and drive improvement by a wheel/tire upgrade from stock really opens it up.
I really like those wheels, my budget for the car is burned this year, but I am going to have a difficult choice next year, there are 3 or 4 wheels to consider...and I haven’t even thought about tyres?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Gave the top a good cleaning and protectant coating with Chemical Guys products and I am very pleased with the results.
View attachment 85152
The black was looking a little grey due to the bright Texas sun. It looks like new again. The instructions recommend you mask the car when applying to keep it off the paint and rubber which is what I did below.
View attachment 85151
Looks great, I use Chem Guys products, I’m lucky to have a store closeb.

·
Registered
436 Posts
We spent the day out haring around tight country roads in the Trough of Bowland, with our buddies chasing us....these cars are such good fun, they are so light and ‘alive’, a bit twitchy even, but always trustworthy. I remember my Boxster being good fun, but you had to be going soooo fast to ’push it’, whereas these cars are fun at much lower (safer) speeds. In this world of ‘auto’ boxes, it’s also great fun to be using the stick, double de-clutching for downshifts, with those delicious cracks and burbles, we had smiles like Cheshire cats!

Attachments

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have just the GFB DV+..... I make my own "whoosh, whoosh, phtpssshh, phtpssshh" sounds "al la" Homer Simpson...... it's much cheaper and I don't need the longer bolts 😆👍
I think you could get some gas tablets from the doctor for your flatulence problems...🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just ordered my winter projects, System One exhaust (with crosspipe), set of Enkei PF09’s, set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s and a MaxFlow/ BMC intake. Lead times are sooooo loooong, but when the bad weather comes I’ll have something to do!

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Enkeis were put on by the prior owner. They are Black with polished rims. I just prefer a silver/alloy old school look.
Yes, I know what you mean. I pondered on those things, mostly colour, but then size and style. I fancied bronze, but wasn’t brave enough, in the end I went with a gun metal as it picks up the trim on my car. I wanted to keep the stock suspension and tire set up (I really like the balance) and so stayed with a 17/7” wheel and I landed on the Enkeis pretty quickly, though I like the Avanti and Konig rims too. I did have a problem with tyres (tires) as the stock size is 205/45/17, I couldn’t get them in the Michelin PS4 and so opted for the 215/45/17, I’m not so happy about that, but we’ll see.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just a quick question. Are you unhappy because you couldn't keep the stock 205 size or is there something off with the performance/size of your 215's that you are unhappy with? I ask b/c I am considering going with those michelin 215's once my Bridgestones give way. Thanks.
Hi, I’m not sure as I haven’t fit the 215s yet. I just don’t want to over-tire the car and end up with too much grip. I like those moments when the tail pops out and catching it with the wonderful steering. I think the 215s will be fine though and looking forward to the improved performance over the Bridgestones.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just finished up installing a System One exhaust and MaxFlow air intake, pretty straightforward and I like the ‘look and feel’ of both systems. I also installed a Mishimoto washer tank, which gave me room to reposition my catch can, it reduces the pipe work (a little) at the front. I’m going to remake the bracket tomorrow and generally tidy up the pipe work, etc, but overall a productive day.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Just finished up installing a System One exhaust and MaxFlow air intake, pretty straightforward and I like the ‘look and feel’ of both systems. I also installed a Mishimoto washer tank, which gave me room to reposition my catch can, it reduces the pipe work (a little) at the front. I’m going to remake the bracket tomorrow and generally tidy up the pipe work, etc, but overall a productive day.
View attachment 86369
View attachment 86370 View attachment 86371
Spent some time re-organizing the mess of pipes that is the 124 engine bay, the catch can has now been re-bracketed and pipes tidied up and re-routed. It’s still looks like a pile of black spaghetti, but better I think.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Spent some time re-organizing the mess of pipes that is the 124 engine bay, the catch can has now been re-bracketed and pipes tidied up and re-routed. It’s still looks like a pile of black spaghetti, but better I think. View attachment 86375
Just finished up, brackets ‘blacked-out’ to match. I didn’t like the catch can up near the suspension strut, so managed to create room near the front. Wheels next, but on a 3 month order… aaaaargh!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have an autocross next weekend, so I decided to swap back to the straight pipe on my System One exhaust. You know, for that extra performance :p. I'd forgotten how good those turbo noises sounded. Don't get me wrong, I like how it sounds with the resonator. And the resonator is much friendlier for my daily commute. But I think I'm going to leave the straight pipe in for a while after the event. My average fuel economy is going to suffer.
I just fitted the System One, I went straight to the straight pipe, I just love the noise!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have an autocross next weekend, so I decided to swap back to the straight pipe on my System One exhaust. You know, for that extra performance :p. I'd forgotten how good those turbo noises sounded. Don't get me wrong, I like how it sounds with the resonator. And the resonator is much friendlier for my daily commute. But I think I'm going to leave the straight pipe in for a while after the event. My average fuel economy is going to suffer.
I just fitted the System One, I went straight to the straight pipe, I just love the noise!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Glad I got these now, after seeing GWR’s post…

They sure look nice. Center cap badges on order…but can’t drive for two more weeks (doctors orders-new hip). I mounted 225’s on them, and I already have roadster sport springs on the car. Sweet!
View attachment 88238 View attachment 88239
Hi @Fredcaputo, that looks really cool, the car colour is lovely and the wheels really ‘pop’ off it. I have had a set Enkei‘s on order through GoodWins UK distributor for months now, so long I had forgotten what they look like, hopefully I’ll have them before 2025 😂😂, but anyway, if mine ends up looking as smart as yours I’ll be very happy!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Did a massive deep-clean and detail today. Now lingering in the garage with a glass of Kentucky's finest, contemplating the sublime beauty of a perfectly spotless machine. Satisfying!
What a great colour combo that is, looks lovely. Nothing like the sense of achievement after one of these cleans.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts