Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
In 2 weeks I'll will wake the beast up, give an Anti rust treatment. Dealer wanted $600, the same guy charged me $300 through the sales person.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I had bought an LED strip light to put it in the trunk, wanted to give some life and light to the trunk so I connect the wire from the trunk light(switchable) notice where the switch is that is the positive(+) side. Brought the wire behind the covers and brought it to opposite side of the switchable light.
Not too easy to snug a wire in the switchable light, but took a telephone wire(used black - and red +) used the other 2 to tie around and connected to the LED strip light. The strip light is self adhesive. And Voila. Maybe later I will replace the light bulb with a plastic or cork to keep the wires tight on the connectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Anyway the trunk LED light is not as blue as it looks, I removed the original bulb and installed a cork to hold the wires in place. Also If I could of got this chrome spider 2" instead of 3" I would of installed on the rear trunk.

Picture is upside down. so swivel your screen. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Added a Scorpion chrome badge on the grill, boutght this for $3.00 but had to glue a bolt so I could keep it tight on the Grill.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
When I had the stripe wrap done I pulled the 124 emblem off the rear deck lid. Now I'm wondering if I should put it back in the stock location or do this.....

or this to the right of the plate, below the deck lid location instead?

Any thoughts? :cool:
put the 124spider in the back and the scorpion the front grill
check my post SCORPION ON THE FRONT GRILL, you have all the details how to go about.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Got this cap from the dealer(he liked my scorpion in the front grill)

Attachments

Reactions: Joseph124

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
It was a big week for my Abarth... Added film protection, black heritage wrap and today it was a nano treatment. Here's some pics took by the car detailer
Nice, looks like if I come to Quebec city, it won't be hard to recognize your car. How much did it cost you the Protection film, I have this guy at Vitroplus who did my antirust $300. Cash and carry. LOL I'll see him how much he charges. tia

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Still not seen another 124 on the road so I'm quite alone and the Fiat king in the city loll

I got a good price, the installer is one of my family member best friend's. That said I paid 450$ for the front bumper, Abarth red lip spoiler, rocker panels, lower side rear bumper and lower doors edge. Also no invoice needed and saved taxes... ;)
If you see a RED ABARTH with a scorpion badge on the grill and flying way past you(Euro + Drive Lite, it will be me, I suggest you put one of those Bon Homme Carnavale Trumped in your spider so I can hear its you.>:)

The Euro drive lite has the RACE MAP and I have contacted Eurocompulsion to send me the Dynamic Map less agressive and also better for engine life and above all save some speeding tickets.:eek:

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Actually did nothing, after 2 months of hibernation, I paid her a visit, checked if the battery minder was working, and pushed her a couple feet so tires don't get a flat spot.

Leaving for the South at end of month and will be back in late March, so winter will be short and mid April she should be alive and well.

Reactions: wolf18t and jetlag

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Presently, NOTHING, waiting for the weather to warm up so I can take my Scatoletta out and get some fresh air. Checked the weather and I have another 17 days of agony. Worst than watching the paint drying.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Well Scatoletta was taken out after being hibernated for 4 months. Nice and sunny 10c, Yes the usual head turned to see what this car was with the top down and this is how we both felt.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Bellavista, I rather have the lock nuts on my wheels than go nuts due that they stole my wheels. LOL So far no one ever went close to my luck nuts. To the Abarth logo on the hoods yes.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Well since Scatoletta is going Rogue, I installed NGEN coils along with the new badge on the steering wheel.

Then end of May, V4 will replace V1 and a little after Change my map from Dynamic + to Race +

Doing step by step just in case I get a Cel code, that way I know which one caused it.

So I should get about 15 extra HP on engine and about 10 on the wheels

Total according to Creg with the Euro Drive lite, 205 HP on the wheels
Can't wait to see the Acceleration diff from the current set up.>:)>:)

Attachments

Reactions: wolf18t and Mike34

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Pics of the coil packs sitting underneath the cover, and of the spacers I ended up using. Again, I used the nut on the single long stud, and white nylon spacers on the other two (these are the pieces I had in my nuts & bolts drawer that fit the best). Had to space the cover up some because the wire connectors on the new coil packs are angled up, not straight to the side, like the OEM ones were.

On the NGK spark plug gap, yeah, I need to invest in a proper bladed gap tool, just to "trust but verify". From what I remember, the plugs are supposed to arrive pre-gapped, but it never hurts to double check...
Yup that's what I had to do when I installed my NGEN coils.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
After spending the who day washing and waxing the car, this evening went shopping and this Ambulance with its bell and whistles passes us and he had the left lane free, where does the AZZ hole goes, stays 2 wheels on the shoulder to create 5 km of dust cloud instead using left lane. I think he was more pis sing off drivers than an emergency call. Conclusion, car needs to be dusted, Should of got his licence plate.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Installed future CMU AIO tweaks update support (back door patch). Again thanks to @ameridan
Wolf, what is that mod, first time I hear of it, I did the 8.0 mod. tian

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Latest (2018+) Mazda / Fiat CMU version won't support AIO tweaks. I you ever get updated on a future dealer service you could loose your installed tweaks and I won't be able to reinstall them. This patch install backdoor on the CMU to let you be able to reinstall AIO tweaks over the SD card (maybe USB too). Check this link on Ameridan's 124 blog.

Preserve your ability to Tweak in future firmware versions
Wolf thanks, I already did that a while back.

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
As an Atari guy in a PlayStation world, what the heck is all this in simple English?!
In other words, if you don't Install that program, and FCA updates your firmware or software of the infotainment, You will not be able to tweak or modify your infotainment system.

If you have installed Ameridan infotainment modifications you what we're talking about.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Got my LED Reverse and licence plate bulbs plus they send me 3 extra one that I didn't order.
Will install them tonight.

Reactions: jetlag

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Fiatbreath, that badge on the dash looks mighty good.

1 - 20 of 148 Posts