Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2555 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Everything was set to "full toasty". Only time I got cold was stopping to take pictures - it was about 22F. Roads were mostly clear - light dusting of wind blown powdery snow here and there, and one memorable patch of ice just past the apex of a corner :)

Enough to keep me on my toes and speeds sensible.

These Vredstein tires I've been running this winter have been great - they really cope well with the temperature swings we deal with here - that's the big issue for me more than any real desire to drive the Spider in snow (the dull-but-worthy SUV is there for that). The tires have enough grip to still be fun, but I am looking forward to being back on summers in a couple of weeks.
Looks awesome!
Im still trying to convince my wife we need to do a winter trip to CO.
Her RAV4 is the perfect winter car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did a "mini roadtrip" this past weekend...

Bremen -> Hanover -> Leipzig -> Wolfsburg -> Bremen

Around about 700-800 km. All driven at a steady 120 kph on the mostly unlimited autobahns... Very comfortable. No back ache (my Fiat 500 would always give me a back ache the next day). But so far nothing. The drive was - even though lowered and on some shoddy roads - comfortable and I never felt the urge to floor it (apart for on the autobahns :D). Result? A fuel economy of 5.7l/100 km - which is a good result for a fully loaded, everything turned on, drive... At least in my eyes. I doubt I'll be able to keep it like that though...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking really good Aldo. Very nice. It's still too cold and rainy here in St. Louis to get out and wash the car - at least in the driveway anyway. I like the badges you've displayed on the rear panel. I might copy that. I recognize the scorpion of course, but what's the one on the right?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Looking really good Aldo. Very nice. It's still too cold and rainy here in St. Louis to get out and wash the car - at least in the driveway anyway. I like the badges you've displayed on the rear panel. I might copy that. I recognize the scorpion of course, but what's the one on the right?
Thanks!

It is an Italia country code oval decal in 6x4 inches. You can get it in any of a dozen colors. I got it in matte black to match the Heritage Stripe.

Got it from this eBay seller: Italy Oval Sticker Decal Vinyl country code I | eBay

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I drove it! Did the Cherahola Skyway/Dragon Loop... had both pretty much to myself. Did have to pull off for one blue Toyubarion GTRZ86 practically drifting through the Dragon, so lowered it was draggin' the Dragon in a lot of places, flames out the back, snap crackle pop on the overrun whoooosh-pish-whoooooosh as he went along. Kid could flog that smoke wagon, I'll give him that. Might not be my thing, but made me smile watching him slither away...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fixed the Record Monza tips. Like for most of you, the left tips were about 3/4" lower than the right. I bought a set of GrimmSpeed two-position poly hangers and they nearly evened out, only about a 1/8" difference now. Plus, they're red!

Also popped in the factory plug holes that the dealer neglected to install during PDI.

And finally, installed Redline Goods black Nappa leather shift/brake boots with red stitching.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Redline Goods parts are awesome! I used to have a steering wheel, armrest and shift boot from them. Top quality! :)

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I woke her up this evening and we went out for an hour long tootle through the countryside. Top down before the lake ice is melted.

Steve.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Technically it was yesterday. But the turbo blanket went on...

Looks good @Bob T

one suggestion and its a cheap modification too. Paint the turbo bracket (Metal triangular bracket on top of the blanket) It makes the engine bay look better. especially since its a lower grade of metal it tends to rust and discolor. A few of us have painted it black, some red. I used a brake caliper/drum rattle can paint. ( i had it left over from other projects) It has held up really well.

aloha mike

2501 - 2520 of 2555 Posts