Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

2741 - 2760 of 2825 Posts

·
Premium Member
842 Posts

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
So pleased that you shared that with us all, but one question remains.........Fixed WHAT ? 😆 Cheers
ron

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Today the UK eased Lockdown rules...now,lots of confusion about most of what you can and can't get up to but my ears pricked up at the word, "Car"....from today you can drive anywhere within England (separate rules Scotland / Wales) to take exercise but must return home same day, so...I didn't abuse those rules, I took the Spider out, top down with the intention of a blast through the twisties of my old Bike route, roads still emptyish. The Sun was shining, the Goodwin burbling with the odd pop and all was good until........I arrived at the junction to enter my twisty challenge to see a lady in a red VW Golf pull out opposite and ahead of me and had to sit there whilst she drove past me at about 10 mph ogleing the Spider, mouth open and dribbling I suspect. She stayed ahead of me THROUGHOUT the twisties doing NO MORE THAN 40 mph eyes almost glued to her interior mirror watching the Spider whilst I sat behind grim faced, nowhere to overtake or pull in safely until the main road home. Still......the new rules say that you can exercise as often as you like so I will try again, just have to remember that I MUST stop and run around the car a couple of times during journey. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You were using the Spider to stalk her. o_O :eek::cool:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Today the UK eased Lockdown rules...now,lots of confusion about most of what you can and can't get up to but my ears pricked up at the word, "Car"....from today you can drive anywhere within England (separate rules Scotland / Wales) to take exercise but must return home same day, so...I didn't abuse those rules, I took the Spider out, top down with the intention of a blast through the twisties of my old Bike route, roads still emptyish. The Sun was shining, the Goodwin burbling with the odd pop and all was good until........I arrived at the junction to enter my twisty challenge to see a lady in a red VW Golf pull out opposite and ahead of me and had to sit there whilst she drove past me at about 10 mph ogleing the Spider, mouth open and dribbling I suspect. She stayed ahead of me THROUGHOUT the twisties doing NO MORE THAN 40 mph eyes almost glued to her interior mirror watching the Spider whilst I sat behind grim faced, nowhere to overtake or pull in safely until the main road home. Still......the new rules say that you can exercise as often as you like so I will try again, just have to remember that I MUST stop and run around the car a couple of times during journey. Cheers
ron
Yes, I plan on doing the same this friday. Not done more than 3 mile journeys since mid-March, so will be great to head to a nice empty coast about 15 miles away and get some miles in....with a walk the other end of course.

·
Registered
150 Posts
So pleased that you shared that with us all, but one question remains.........Fixed WHAT ? 😆 Cheers
ron
Had some interesting case of having multiple cel's after installing tower braces))) Good lesson thought😏 You can check Boost leak thread for details-)

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Had some interesting case of having multiple cel's after installing tower braces))) Good lesson thought😏 You can check Boost leak thread for details-)
Guessing you disturbed some sensors.....and they don't like that much do they .......

·
Registered
45 Posts
AFTER!!!!!! I have heard this over and over on this forum, now I am a total believer........"They should have sounded like this from the factory!" Muffler delete is finished!!!! The sound - the moment I heard it for the first time - WOW!!!! Special thanks to the guys at Performance Muffler for going the extra mile to get it customized to perfection.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
AFTER!!!!!! I have heard this over and over on this forum, now I am a total believer........"They should have sounded like this from the factory!" Muffler delete is finished!!!! The sound - the moment I heard it for the first time - WOW!!!! Special thanks to the guys at Performance Muffler for going the extra mile to get it customized to perfection.
That looks like a "Very" heavy exhaust you got there Brother.............I fitted mine using left arm, head and right leg ! Just remember to remove jacks BEFORE reversing..........😄 It looks Brilliant and YES...that sound....Hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
My fathers day gift arrived today
yes my shift knob.
I had to do some cosmetic chanes on the knob. the holeis not deep enough so the knob can sit well on the shift boot. so I took several bits smallto 11mm and last 13mm and went in 1/2. cut the top rubber adaptor so the adaptor can go further down.
  1. Voila the results. The Gods must be in the heavens. lol. $26. can shit knob on amazon. Here are 4 pics.
Back to our conversation about Knobs........My "Frankmar" Real Carbon & Red Ryanstar Knob has just arrived from China (ordered 06/05/20, ordered through ebay UK, sent and tracked, and...It's a REAL RYANSTAR product, phew!
I studied Franks diagrams, removed OEM knob and weighed both, OEM much heavier (10-11 Lbs to 7-8Lbs Ryanstar) so I was a little reluctant to bore the center out more as the weight in a gear knob is important, they say. Anyway, I decided to place a M12 shiny washer over gear stick to sit atop of gaiter then use bottom 3/4 " of the LARGEST of the 4 supplied adapters as a spacer. i placed the Ryanstar Red band over the gear stick , fitted Real Carbon knob, tightened grub screw then band.....here is result....... Both ways look cool, I think, Cheers ron

Attachments

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Back to our conversation about Knobs........My "Frankmar" Real Carbon & Red Ryanstar Knob has just arrived from China (ordered 06/05/20, ordered through ebay UK, sent and tracked, and...It's a REAL RYANSTAR product, phew!
I studied Franks diagrams, removed OEM knob and weighed both, OEM much heavier (10-11 Lbs to 7-8Lbs Ryanstar) so I was a little reluctant to bore the center out more as the weight in a gear knob is important, they say. Anyway, I decided to place a M12 shiny washer over gear stick to sit atop of gaiter then use bottom 3/4 " of the LARGEST of the 4 supplied adapters as a spacer. i placed the Ryanstar Red band over the gear stick , fitted Real Carbon knob, tightened grub screw then band.....here is result....... Both ways look cool, I think, Cheers ron
SUPPORT GEAR LINKAGE UPWARDS as you push down Ryanstar knob.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Brexit, I like the shift knob to sit on the shift boot washer., for that you have to drill in about 1/2 with a small bit up to 13mm bit but a 11 or 12 mm might do. check my picture I posted earlier. Don't be afraid to drill, you won't go through it. LOL

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Brexit, I like the shift knob to sit on the shift boot washer., for that you have to drill in about 1/2 with a small bit up to 13mm bit but a 11 or 12 mm might do. check my picture I posted earlier. Don't be afraid to drill, you won't go through it. LOL
hi Frank.....Yes, I studied your comments first, considered the weight factor (much lighter than OEM) and remembered something from years ago about the gear knob weight being important but coulldn't remember why that would be, anyway...I just didn't want to lose sight of the gear shift completely so came up with the plan above, which I like.
I just googled the weight thing..... Why ? It says, "Gear knob is weighed to enable smoother and quicker gear changes",so no big deal anyway as it turns out. Thanks again for sharing Frank as you helped yanstar sell me one 😉
It goes well with the Red and Black interior, Cheers
ron

2741 - 2760 of 2825 Posts