Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2825 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
How do we know that you are not telling us porkey's (fibs) The PHOTO's ! We need to be impressed with a shine like Frankmar's Red Beast above.....;) Cheers
ron
I am impressed with the Turtlewax Ceramic Hybrid products. Defiantly applies easily. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Also looking for some pics of my 81 Spider Turbo... that was a sweet car, regretted selling it.

As for what else doing to "Bianca", debating whats next.
1. Flash tune
2. Crosspipe (EC 2.25"???)
3. System 1 exhaust
3. Wheels ... probably 17x8, but if I go that route also means lowering springs and alignment. At 22,500 miles tires are in reasonable shape
4. Paint strut brace red to match Turbo bracket

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I am impressed with the Turtlewax Ceramic Hybrid products. Defiantly applies easily. I'll post some pics when I get a chance. Also looking for some pics of my 81 Spider Turbo... that was a sweet car, regretted selling it.

As for what else doing to "Bianca", debating whats next.
1. Flash tune
2. Crosspipe (EC 2.25"???)
3. System 1 exhaust
3. Wheels ... probably 17x8, but if I go that route also means lowering springs and alignment. At 22,500 miles tires are in reasonable shape
4. Paint strut brace red to match Turbo bracket
The flash tune seems to be the Number One Bang for your Buck I think you Yanks call it Mod. Crosspipe and System 1 Good-Win of course...2.5" . I have the Good-Win Dual Tip and am very happy with that, though buying now it would be System 1. Wheels, have you read "Aldo's" thread ? Brian Goodwin sorted him out there....Cheers
ron

·
Registered
647 Posts
Michelin PS4s in 215, look mint and drives superbly. Comfier than the OEMs and the grip and turn in is nice. Took a drive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wrap is beginning....been watching throughout the day. Think I am going to like it! Mirrors are going to be red also. Did a muffler delete and now a little touch on the outside. Have front lip on order.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
9 Posts
I did something tiny in the big picture of what you can do to a car. I went to the following site and donated $5 for a tweak to the Spider’s Infotainment Center.

No more annoying reminders/warnings. A custom background image on the display. The ability to use the touch screen when driving above 5mph. Sometimes the little things make the experience just that much better.

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
I did something tiny in the big picture of what you can do to a car. I went to the following site and donated $5 for a tweak to the Spider’s Infotainment Center.

No more annoying reminders/warnings. A custom background image on the display. The ability to use the touch screen when driving above 5mph. Sometimes the little things make the experience just that much better.
Good Job @Brian Myers Its one of the BEST mod's out there...and for $5 thats a steal of a deal. Which makes me think...I need to donate again as you are correct..."the Little Things".

aloha mike

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Looks very efficient, sensible and clean Bob.....hmmm, yet another avenue to go down as my joints creak and getting up again becomes an effort rather than a spring......Cheers
ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks very efficient, sensible and clean Bob.....hmmm, yet another avenue to go down as my joints creak and getting up again becomes an effort rather than a spring......Cheers
ron
Yes Sir....These days, at my age, I avoid laying on the floor if at all possible.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just finished my 1st oil change, as well, using a topside extractor. Same oil as Bob T but used the MOPAR filter. Easy peasy, though I only had to add 3.5 quarts to get the dipstick to full.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
So Guys.....What fluid extractor did you use and marks out of ten please........Since seeing Bob's machine and noting it said Mityvac I went on "another" mission...... Mityvac MV7300 auto seems Best buy, Mityvac 7201 manual comes out better than Mityvac 7400 and..Oemtools 24389 manual hits the spot for reviewers. I rechecked Bob's machine.looks manual, can't see a number...Bob ? Kain...What machine matey Went on ebay UK and Amazon next availability and prices all over the shop, Customs take the shine away of course so indications of what you guys think would be nice...
Cheers
ron

·
Registered
132 Posts
So Guys.....What fluid extractor did you use and marks out of ten please........Since seeing Bob's machine and noting it said Mityvac I went on "another" mission...... Mityvac MV7300 auto seems Best buy, Mityvac 7201 manual comes out better than Mityvac 7400 and..Oemtools 24389 manual hits the spot for reviewers. I rechecked Bob's machine.looks manual, can't see a number...Bob ? Kain...What machine matey Went on ebay UK and Amazon next availability and prices all over the shop, Customs take the shine away of course so indications of what you guys think would be nice...
Cheers
ron
This is the one I bought. I was quite satisfied.
Amazon.com: EWK Plus Version 6.5L Oil Extractor Pump Pneumatic Fluid Evacuator Vacuum Extraction Pump Manual Fluid Extractor + Brake Bleeding Hose: Automotive

·
Registered
19 Posts
B1AE43DC-B352-4A32-B73F-A553C45B11EF.jpeg
BF68F995-DEA1-4798-A001-E41CAC1F4FBD.jpeg

Surprised the intake hose didn’t come with small hose clamps. Probably unnecessary But if anything works loose I’ll see if I can find some in the garage. Door bushings are eBay items.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Ceramic Pro detail and coating refresh. Love the ceramic coating from ceramic Pro. 18months and it still shines better than when I picked it up from the dealer new. The wheels and brake calipers wash effortlessly as the dust can't stick. And self healing Xpel PPF has prevented those pesky rock chips.

And the wife's got the widows tinted.

·
Registered
565 Posts
1. Oil change. Used top extractor, compressed air powered.
2. Cleaned and treated top with 303 products
3. Another coat of turtle wax hybrid ceramic
4. Installed new hoses for ec v4 intake. The ones on the car throw the
occasional cel
5. Washed v4 intake
6. Emptied catch can. Quite a bit of oil.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Michelin PS4s in 215, look mint and drives superbly. Comfier than the OEMs and the grip and turn in is nice. Took a drive.

View attachment 76456
I went with Conti Extreme Contact Sports also in 215. I like them, but I kinda wish I'd paid the extra for the PS4. I will next time (although at the rate I'm currently using the car, that could be a couple of decades away :) )

2781 - 2800 of 2825 Posts