Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3032 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
50 years married......... just how old are you ? !!!!
Ahhh, not too difficult to answer, we were "young Lovers", me 20 yrs old, SK "The Boss" 16 yrs old and known each other two years by then, love at first sight. She was a cheeky, gobby, spirited young good looking Vixen,I was a drunken Matelot who played football and hung out with the lads, she didn't attempt to pull me away, just joined in, cr*p footballer though !

Photo0183.jpg She hasn't aged a day whereas.......................

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
201 Posts
Improved the storage option for the EWK fluid extractor I recently purchased.
Didn't like all the hoses on the side of the extractor, so moved them off to the side of the garage, with a catch bottle.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Improved the storage option for the EWK fluid extractor I recently purchased.
Didn't like all the hoses on the side of the extractor, so moved them off to the side of the garage, with a catch bottle.

Yep....I keep looking at mine, still in the box (pipes sticking out) between cornflakes and dog food, didn't want to separate it all but now...I have some lengths of that tubing in the attic, I wonder..........

·
Registered
59 Posts
Installed a GFB DV+ diverter valve and took her out for a spin. Pretty easy to install. Feels slightly better / different, but I can't put my finger on it. Nevertheless a great ride with a huge grin on my face.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
That is exactly how my Spider felt...that gradual opening of the brass piston rather than the open/close effort of the plastic one, earlier spool up and smoother operation altogether, just brings a feeling of flowing acceleration, yes, the number one mod to start your updates.......Cheers
ron.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Technically yesterday...rotated the wheels... cleaned/polished the wheel wells and wheels. Thought about changing back to my chrome lug nuts... couldn’t find them. Lol.

aloha mike

brake pads still looked good...seems like a drive to cautiously! Oh I need to change the brake lines...those MAZDASPEED red ones look good.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Yep....I keep looking at mine, still in the box (pipes sticking out) between cornflakes and dog food, didn't want to separate it all but now...I have some lengths of that tubing in the attic, I wonder..........
It comes with an extension pipe that'll work perfectly for this.

@Bob T - nice idea. I used mine for the fist time yesterday and those tubes do get in the way. I shall be stealing this.

Reactions: Mike34 and Bob T

·
Registered
2017 Abarth
33 Posts
Replaced the clear side indicators with smoked out (black) ones. Looks perfect with the Grigio Argento (Silver) body. . Also like the LED orange better when lit. Sorry no pics yet. Also got Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's, at 215 size. Cant wait to test them this weekend.
I just bought the same tires in the same size, but new wheels. With the wheel/tire setup I have coming, I'm shaving somewhere around 8 or 9 pounds (somewhere around 3 and a half to 4 kilos) of unsprung weight in each corner. I can't wait! The Indy 500's are great tires for the price. I had them on my BRZ and they were fantastic.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
It comes with an extension pipe that'll work perfectly for this.

@Bob T - nice idea. I used mine for the fist time yesterday and those tubes do get in the way. I shall be stealing this.
Yep, discovered that.. but everything repacked and shoved in garage whilst deciding where to stow it properly, and now, like you I will also be stealing the idea........Cheers
ron

Reactions: Bob T

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
After a weird week of rain and cold, in "Mid June", with "Snow" in the Midlands area...today the Sun has got it's hat on and is coming out tp play.soooo...a ride out through my favorite twisties followed by an outdoor photo session of my Spider wearing it's new "Tricolour" on front lower valance, and...just arrived "Scorpion shields" one either side front wing. What do you think ? I liked the Scorpions immediately however...now not too sure about tricolour outside view.........This one I didn't paint as it was never intended to be permanent, Close up of shield taken in garage at an angle, Cheers
ron

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG

Reactions: Mike34 and frankmar

·
Registered
953 Posts
I like the black skirts and tricolour! But I have only just realised you have replaced all the fiat badges with Abarth!

You'll upset the purists !! ;)

We have rain up here:(

·
Registered
735 Posts
After a weird week of rain and cold, in "Mid June", with "Snow" in the Midlands area...today the Sun has got it's hat on and is coming out tp play.soooo...a ride out through my favorite twisties followed by an outdoor photo session of my Spider wearing it's new "Tricolour" on front lower valance, and...just arrived "Scorpion shields" one either side front wing. What do you think ? I liked the Scorpions immediately however...now not too sure about tricolour outside view.........This one I didn't paint as it was never intended to be permanent, Close up of shield taken in garage at an angle, Cheers
ron

View attachment 77307 View attachment 77308 View attachment 77309
Where are your twisties ?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I like the black skirts and tricolour! But I have only just realised you have replaced all the fiat badges with Abarth!

You'll upset the purists !! ;)

We have rain up here:(
AHhhhh, I got the comments from a couple of folk when they were first fitted back mid 2019, but then....had plenty of likes and members asking where I got them. I started a thread about the "Karl Abarth" story in order to explain.........
"Yer Man" Abarth started out doing bits and pieces as a youngster, went into the motor engineering industry then started knocking out exhaust systems, Fiat, who were "switched on those days" saw his potential and made him there "Cosworth" as Lotus and Ford did, and so the Abarth Story was told. I have NO regrets at replacing Fiat with the "Original Abarth" 1949 badges as what I have achieved through "Brexit Mods" I believe has "Abarthised" my 124 Spider rather than leave it as was with p*ss poor brakes, Pea shooter exhaust, Stiff springs, skinny tyres and understeer......
Sorry about the Weather "Up North" Boddle Lad, I remember it well............however..when the Sun shines up in the "Lake District" and / or it's Spring or Autumn I don't think much can beat it. God's Country! Cheers
ron

·
Registered
953 Posts
Totally agree really given abarth is more of a trim than anything fundamental on these cars. Looks good! Your mods work well together.

By the way what is that vvti badge on the grille? Custom made ?

Yeah, weather better on thursday for my trip to Penrith to be told how expensive my oil issues are gonna be to fix! I'll at least have the roof down on the way to enjoy the drive haha.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Where are your twisties ?
Hi Arthur...Where all the way through them signs show "Speed Camera", "Photo's of Motorcyclists" (with numbers killed). narrow "B" country lanes with high hadges in a low 124 Spider and "The Wide Grin" factor. South East Cornwall, St Germans to Torpoint to Portwinkle to Seaton followed by a track through to the A38 and some "A" road stuff up to the A30 if in the mood. Great area to live and drive, holidaymakers don't know the back roads of course and second home owners breathe Covid-19 all over us in summer then leave beautiful villages and towns empty for 6 months with nowhere to live for the locals and little income for Businesses. Two hours from Bristol with Looe & Polperro, campsites (when open) betwixt both proper Cornish Pasties and scones...Jam first ! 😄 Tricolour Yes or No ? Cheers
ron

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Totally agree really given abarth is more of a trim than anything fundamental on these cars. Looks good! Your mods work well together.

By the way what is that vvti badge on the grille? Custom made ?

Yeah, weather better on thursday for my trip to Penrith to be told how expensive my oil issues are gonna be to fix! I'll at least have the roof down on the way to enjoy the drive haha.
The VVTi badge....Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence is a Toyota thing and is actually included in the Spider engine unit....I was looking at the 124 grille badge then thought...I wonder, typed into ebay search and up popped that, right size 3" x 3", well made and fits lovely and all for about £2.49 post included !!! Couldn't believe my luck, there were 8 for sale, I hovered and some other smart a*se bought them all and knocked them out for around £12.00 !
Good Luck and Best Wishes for Thursday...should it be grim news, get quotes in for replacement engine from scrap merchants against what you get quoted. Hopefully, it's seal related and you can breath again...Cheers
ron

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ah very cool. Cant believe it fits so well! A nice touch.

Thanks :) Hoping its valve seal at worst as suspected. Agree 100% on replacement engine quotes, really hoping not. Seems crazy that performance wise it's amazing, no codes, no smoke yet I'm having this issue. I'm keeping the oil thread updated for anyone in the same position.

2961 - 2980 of 3032 Posts