Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

2981 - 3000 of 3032 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I wanted to do something to my Spider today but the USPS seems to have some issues with their sorting facilities or partners in the UK. Has been in transit from the UK to DE since Saturday... And I was getting all excited about fitting a new exhaust this weekend... :(

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Reactions: Brexit !

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
After a week or so of pondering over my recent "Tricolour" mod addition to lower front valance, today I gently removed, just not completely happy with it....Too many bits and bobs make a car tacky rather than Classy for me, so that's it.....
No more. "Brexit Mods" complete ! (and NO "Apex", I am not painting windscreen surround and door mirrors)
Thanks to all (many) who contributed, advised, B*ll*cked and supported me. Cheers
ron

·
Registered
953 Posts
Those really are rubber band tyres on that Alfa!!! Nice pic

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
You weren't a "Sniper" in a previous life where you? Such patience, you just adjusted your sights.allowed for conditions, breathed out and calmly took the shot.....Can't remember when you started looking and preparing now, you must know everything there is to know about the 124 Spider, have a garage full of Mods awaiting fitting and...."Your Mum".
No idea if you are still locked down or not, but even a drive past her window would be nice in that fancy new Sports car of "yours" and when allowed a "Picnic basket" and blanket. Best Wishes & Cheers
ron

·
Registered
533 Posts
Very nice! Brillante or Puro? What mods beyond the rollover bar?
Puro if that is the basic white with no pearl.

I've done a bit of this and that to suspension, engine, brakes and safety. Still ongoing really.

Don't think I've ever typed out a full mod list before.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts

I've done a bit of this and that to suspension, engine, brakes and safety. Still ongoing really.

Did you install the roll bar, or did a shop do it for you?

·
Registered
787 Posts

Brillante is the basic white.

I'm sure @Brexit ! would appreciate a list. At your convenience, of course.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
SakeBomb Garage did the install. They have done most the work on my car really.
Thanks, I’ve been thinking about having them do some work. I live 5 miles from them, drive by them on my commute to work.

·
Registered
787 Posts
You weren't a "Sniper" in a previous life where you? Such patience, you just adjusted your sights.allowed for conditions, breathed out and calmly took the shot.....Can't remember when you started looking and preparing now, you must know everything there is to know about the 124 Spider, have a garage full of Mods awaiting fitting and...."Your Mum".
No idea if you are still locked down or not, but even a drive past her window would be nice in that fancy new Sports car of "yours" and when allowed a "Picnic basket" and blanket. Best Wishes & Cheers
ron
I'm OK with a rifle. Barely adequate with a sidearm.

I actually searched out this car with the help of some insider tools (which I'm sorry I'm not at liberty to discuss in detail) and contacted the dealer while it was still at the port. It was ordered with the heritage stripe, and I was able to have it removed from the spec list. The car was delivered to Penske, though, so came close to being painted.

It wasn't exactly what I wanted. Some sacrifices had to be made. I wanted red Recaros (I know, not even offered), Brembos, and the visibility group. I can upgrade the brakes at some future date and won't miss having red calipers. I'm not sure how much night driving I will do in the Spider. Not having adaptive headlamps and headlamp washers (rationalization alert) certainly simplifies things. I suppose I can do a bulb swap if I find the illumination provided by the base headlamps inadequate.

I'm not really planning on doing many mods. The car is pretty sweet as-is. Probably time for me to create a signature.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Thanks, I’ve been thinking about having them do some work. I live 5 miles from them, drive by them on my commute to work.
They have an Abarth 124 shop car if that helps with comfort. I'm talking to them about using my car for testing out their own in house tuning and a ported turbo from BNR who does a lot of RX-7 turbo work.

I was sold when I looked at their operations for building Ohlins suspensions in house.

Here is a shot of their parking lot and the inside of the shop. The red 124 is theirs.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I'm OK with a rifle. Barely adequate with a sidearm.

I actually searched out this car with the help of some insider tools (which I'm sorry I'm not at liberty to discuss in detail) and contacted the dealer while it was still at the port. It was ordered with the heritage stripe, and I was able to have it removed from the spec list. The car was delivered to Penske, though, so came close to being painted.

It wasn't exactly what I wanted. Some sacrifices had to be made. I wanted red Recaros (I know, not even offered), Brembos, and the visibility group. I can upgrade the brakes at some future date and won't miss having red calipers. I'm not sure how much night driving I will do in the Spider. Not having adaptive headlamps and headlamp washers (rationalization alert) certainly simplifies things. I suppose I can do a bulb swap if I find the illumination provided by the base headlamps inadequate.

I'm not really planning on doing many mods. The car is pretty sweet as-is. Probably time for me to create a signature.
Just seen a member elsewhere on the forum telling us of some 5 or 6 124 Abarths "Just" arrived at somewhere called fiatusaofgreer.com so took a peek at their website....expensive I thought $32000-$35000 with a used Classica showing over 2500 mls at $18000. You will or you won't Mod it, just enjoy...but "when" you do GFB DV+ and a turbo blanket make sense...to start with....Cheers
ron

2981 - 3000 of 3032 Posts