Premium Member
2,345 Posts
even my dyslexia can read that! Loving it. nice plate @Bob T

aloha mike

Reactions: Bob T

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Maybe its me but I can't work out how a camera could take a pic backwards....am I missing something?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Maybe its me but I can't work out how a camera could take a pic backwards....am I missing something?
And yet the hood ornament, and the TN flag aren't reversed....Go figure... ;) :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Yes, I know it's not centered...dang it.
Should have put a space on the right to balance the state flag.
Thought I could put up with it, but got a new one in my cart already. 😁

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
@Bob T So hold on, you are allowed random shapes on these new plates now? But you are in the US so how have you got a EU style plate?

Yeah,,,,,very confused haha

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Reactions: boddle88 and Bob T

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Haha ok understood. Very hard to comprehend given our ridiculous number plate laws!

Looking good.

Reactions: Brexit !

·
Registered
517 Posts
Changed my gearbox oil for Amsoil, easy once I bought a 24mm spanner, annoying that the socket and ratchet handle I already had wouldn't fit. Used a Laser hand pump, so much easier than the old way of "folding up" the bottle to squeeze the oil out that I used to do on the "original" 124 Spider. Must admit though, although I noticed a slight improvement, it wasn't a "night and day" difference, maybe it will improve further over time.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Changed my gearbox oil for Amsoil, easy once I bought a 24mm spanner, annoying that the socket and ratchet handle I already had wouldn't fit. Used a Laser hand pump, so much easier than the old way of "folding up" the bottle to squeeze the oil out that I used to do on the "original" 124 Spider. Must admit though, although I noticed a slight improvement, it wasn't a "night and day" difference, maybe it will improve further over time.
Concur with that.....about a month since I went "Magic" Amsoil...and have found no magic here either, still,I would have changed oil anyway so no real harm done, just more expensive.......I did squease the bags okay but also found I needed a different socket...old 1" fitted perfectly >!? Cheers
ron

·
Registered
953 Posts
Two bright moments. First, I finally put in the plugs (which the dealer had sent to me promptly). Second, I had a driver acting as if my Spider had a hitch and his Benz was my trailer. I lifted after a brief burst of acceleration, and my RM exhaust gave a nice "bang". No more tailgater problem.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Gave the new girl a good workout....First day drive for the wife and I since March and the shut down.

Wife and I drove the Devil's Triangle yesterday. (It's kind of like the Tail of the Dragon, but trickier, and much longer.)

We finally ended up at the prison...

Met the local Miata Club there, (I am/was a member, but since I sold my Miata, I am out - by laws don't ya know).
Still a bunch of good folks, nice to see them. Most of them appreciate the Abarth, and so we talk.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Prison Eh Bob...Hmmmm......and you found it by accident or did you know the way there ?
I've seen the films, "Sing, sing", Gangs with Bandanas, or was it bananas...breaking rocks at the side of the road whilst the road crew Boss holding his whip (sounds about right) sips ice cool water from an open casket...Which one was you Bob?, come on..you can tell me, I can keep a secret, it's the other 3500 B*gg*rs you have to worry about Mate. Spider looks the Dogs as does the scenery . Are those Mazda lads behind the fence then ? Cheers
ron

Reactions: Bob T

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's a good day stop.
You can tour the prison, which is fascinating. They have a restaurant on site. And in normal times, they hold events and concerts in the "yard."

Oh, the tour guides are ex-cons and ex-guards, with stories to tell.

https://tourbrushy.com/

Reactions: Brexit !

·
Registered
2016, Fiat 124 Spider, Lusso Trim
60 Posts
Getting her prepared for a roadtrip...

First to the Alps and a quick visit to Schloss Neuschwanstein in Bavaria (one way around a good 800 km). Then from there to "Saxon Switzerland" (around another 500 km) and then back home (about another 500 km). So a good 2000 km within 4 days over German Autobahns in a sporty car...

Means though that I am fitting the normal factory exhaust again, as the AFE muffler delete is a little too much (and illegal :D) for such a trip.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Interesring on the legality. Have heard of UK people getting cars taken off for what the germans deem to be mods that wouldn't fall under their TUV. Few things recently actually.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Getting her prepared for a roadtrip...

First to the Alps and a quick visit to Schloss Neuschwanstein in Bavaria (one way around a good 800 km). Then from there to "Saxon Switzerland" (around another 500 km) and then back home (about another 500 km). So a good 2000 km within 4 days over German Autobahns in a sporty car...

Means though that I am fitting the normal factory exhaust again, as the AFE muffler delete is a little too much (and illegal :D) for such a trip.
Enjoy and be safe. I look forward to reading about your trip. Maybe some pictures?

How many people here have exchanged their exhausts for trips? I can look anyone who asks in the eye and tell them I have a factory exhaust system. Whether that will be persuasive, I have no idea.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
It matters not what you tell them in places like Germany and Switzerland.. if the police deem it too low/loud etc they can take.it off you and check.. a few things on facebook recently. Although some of those guys were running ridiculous ride heights etc.

3061 - 3080 of 3123 Posts