Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3101 - 3120 of 3123 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hard to believe, but I took only ONE picture of my car while out :D Most were from behind the wheel or better passenger seat (shared driving).

But very scenic trip! :)
I know what the car looks like. I'd be happy to see scenery photos.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Submitted my primary ballot. Not due until Tuesday, but it was ready to go.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Took the Spider along to the first "Italian breakfast" this year, the first since lockdown started. A pretty low key event with fewer people but still an interesting selection of Abarths, Alfas, Fiats and Maseratis, and the odd Lancia but no Ferraris or Lamborghinis this time. I would post some pics but I keep getting a "security error"?

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I finally cleaned the gutters...

By gutters I mean those 2 rear rain filters that are under the hood. I tried to reach these and clean them last year but couldn't get my arm in. I finally found a way to get at it. I was suprised how dirty it was... I've driven my car in the rain maybe 3 times in 3 years but I did buy it used and basically stole it off the lot, always suspected maybe it was left top down in the rain (some odd dust in weird crevices but everything on the interior was clean (if anyone has a fool proof way to check this lmk).

Anyway the way I did it was

1) I put the top down reached in and found the clip that holds the cover (Figure 1 which I for some reason deleted and is the most crucial step so I don't know why I'm even still typing..) once I popped that clip off with a screw driver (I used a plastic pry tool). I was able to drag the top up and reach in by sitting on the sill and getting my arm in then jimming the piece out.

2) cleaned that out and took out the foam pad inside dipped it in some vinegar and cleaned it out. Also cleaned the drain hole inside. I had a few leaves in mine and a lot of dirt.

3) Once dry I put it all back in. I was able to snap the cover back in place just by keeping the top up and sneaking my hand in while sitting on the sill.

There it is, not exciting but I finally managed to get this done.

I also did stage 2, H&R Lowering springs, yellow fog lights, A temporary version of what I call 'Jowster Drift Paddle', but cleaning these filters was my biggest success.

Next up: I plan on 3D printing some covers for the holes beside the seats when the top is down. I tried taping over these to cover them up and the buffeting noise was better (not gone).

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Superb shot! I'll be honest the wheels aren't for me (I do like the deeper dish look though) but they suit the car.

Nice one!

Reactions: Dpenman

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Gave her a bath and set out to capture a few images while she was all clean. View attachment 78380
Hang on a minute.......I waited six months for my BBs Le Mans that NEVER turned up and look whose wearing them............Cheek ! God, they look Good though, Cheers
ron

Reactions: Dpenman

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Superb shot! I'll be honest the wheels aren't for me (I do like the deeper dish look though) but they suit the car.

Nice one!
Glasses Boddle lad....Go find your glasses...........Most popular alloy in the universe, though I admit not many sold on any other planet and you will be lucky to get your order fulfilled here !

·
Registered
159 Posts
Executed the serial id7 patch and got CarPlay installed.

Also dropped in the silver gauge rings from an ND that go around the lcd and speedometer. Picked up a used nd1 gauge cluster and swapped the pieces over.

Reactions: FLAbarth

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Hang on a minute.......I waited six months for my BBs Le Mans that NEVER turned up and look whose wearing them............Cheek ! God, they look Good though, Cheers
ron
Still find them a bit too chromey...maybe just me !

Reactions: Brexit !

·
Registered
953 Posts
Last night my daughter used my Spider as a phone booth. She sat in it while on the phone for over an hour.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Received my Megan Racing sway bar set by UPS today. They look really well made. Supposed to be hollow tubing, yet felt a bit heavy for hollow tubes. Probably have thicker walls than I expected. Tomorrow, will attend the first regional autocross event being held since? April? Hope to find a Fiat or Miata owner who has installed bars and would install mine for a reasonable fee.

Last month, I asked my local independent shop that used to work on my Volvo for a labor quote on bars. Got a written quote for over $1,200. Yes, I KNOW! I could find plenty of Forum readers who would do it for a thousand, airfare included. Shop also said it might cost more if they ran into problems since they aren't familiar with the car. Guess what, they're never going to get familiar with mine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Share what you did today with the Fiat 124 Spider community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Taking advantage of the nice weather and going for a drive with the top down ;)

Anything goes!
I added a Red Starter button and swapped the rear number plate lights to LED IMG_20200812_174924.jpg

·
Registered
2016, Fiat 124 Spider, Lusso Trim
60 Posts
Okay, so, I had 50.000 km with no issues. Now I have 51.000 km and a nasty rattle from the front axle... I assume the subframe is loose... I can move the drivers side front wheel back and fourth about 1 cm without any other part of the car moving...! :eek:

3101 - 3120 of 3123 Posts