Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3221 Posts

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
191 Posts
I've got a late 2018 model and I'm tempted to do the serial patch to get CarPlay. I can't stand the stock nav system.
It really isn’t that bad - the instructions the community put together are thorough and it doesn’t take too long. Worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: Dgaustin124

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Installed EC Oil Catch Can.
Great addition. As an FYI, if you take the top of the catch can assembly apart and rotate the internals, you can then reconnect your hosing so they don't cross over each other.

Reactions: AnClar

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Okay, yesterday.... we did a mini "cars and coffee" with some car owners in Calgary, and hooked up at a new Italian Supermercato in the southeast near where I live. Three Abarth Spiders and a couple of mixed 500's. After we'd been parked for about 15 minutes, a young lady from the store came out to visit us with a tray of cookies! The only way it could have been better is if she also brought espresso shots.... so I guess in reality it was a "cars and cookies" event. lol

I always love the way my black baby reflects it's surroundings. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay, I think I'm done (adding silly things to my car) for a while. It's been a good fall for me with the AR exhaust and new shift knob. Made my last modification for a while. Saw some other guys in here add the trunk logo to the dash and thought it was such a good idea. I've always liked the Ferraris with the model on the passenger dash (458 Italia, etc.). Part of me really debated whether this was too over the top for a more humble car like the 124, but, well, I figured what the heck? It's as close as I'll ever be to an Italian supercar. 🤷‍♂️ So to whomever started the trend in here, thanks. I dig it.
EB2FE1BC-F25B-4950-9E95-D7BE18C6A3CB.JPG

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
Great addition. As an FYI, if you take the top of the catch can assembly apart and rotate the internals, you can then reconnect your hosing so they don't cross over each other.
Thanks. Yeah...I noted that while reading the install notes here on the forum...truth is, the crossover doesn't bother me all that much. Sure, it's not the most aesthetic arrangement, but it doesn't seem to impede or block anything else. It was also the high summer and approx. 110 degrees in my garage when I did the install, so I wasn't inclined to spend any more time out there than was absolutely necessary. Now that the weather's cooled off, I may do that adjustment one of these days when I've got nothing else to do. It looks like the baffle in the top of the can has two hex screws that hold it in place. So If I just remove the screws, switch the side of the assembly that the baffles sit on, replace it, and swap the hoses that should be it. Correct?

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
Installed Sylvania Zevo H11 LED Front Fog Lights...plug & play, and they look great with the LED headlights! Now all I've got left to LEDize are the front and rear turn signals, the front position lights, and the rear side marker lights (on order). Are those of us who insist on going full LED just LEDdites? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: bradley

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
Updated my side repeaters with sequential LEDs from MX5Things, and installed red door piping. Both stupidly easy, required no tools, and took all of half an hour for everything. Next on the mod hit parade is to change out my rear side markers (on order). and front position lights, front and rear turn signals. That will complete the full LED conversion. Thinking about adding the automatic window and accessory on until door open units from MX5Things. I may need an intervention...Stop Me Before I Mod Again! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: tombarnard1

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
352 Posts
Cleaned and conditioned the red/black Abarth seats that arrived a couple of weeks ago (smokey air and some days away to the mountains delayed the work). We'll install the seats this weekend.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Updated my side repeaters with sequential LEDs from MX5Things, and installed red door piping. Both stupidly easy, required no tools, and took all of half an hour for everything. Next on the mod hit parade is to change out my rear side markers (on order). and front position lights, front and rear turn signals. That will complete the full LED conversion. Thinking about adding the automatic window and accessory on until door open units from MX5Things. I may need an intervention...Stop Me Before I Mod Again! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 79591
Which red piping did you use? Amazon? If so, which one (if you have the link, greatly appreciated)

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
Here's what I used. One package was enough for both doors, with a bit left over. I ordered two packs in case it fades. It was inexpensive enough.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Changed oil and filter and scrubbed inside of car. In the next couple of days I will wash and wax and take pics. Rain tomorrow, so maybe saturday

·
Registered
37 Posts
Purchased it and drove it home. :)

Actually, I did install a Cravenspeed stubby antenna. Not sure if removing the dealer stick-on advertising counts, but did that too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Purchased it and drove it home. :)

Actually, I did install a Cravenspeed stubby antenna. Not sure if removing the dealer stick-on advertising counts, but did that too.
Nice! Perfect color!

Reactions: RobC2

·
Registered
2017, Fiat Spider 124, Abarth
352 Posts
New to me red/black seats went in today, along with new shelf with LED light and new red spoiler trim piece and toe hook cover (may go back to the black one...30 sec. change).

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Changed oil and filter and scrubbed inside of car. In the next couple of days I will wash and wax and take pics. Rain tomorrow, so maybe Saturday

Oil changed via a topsider unit, engine gunked, washed and sprayed with silicone throughout. Cleaned inside and washed and waxed. It needed cleaning bad.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
409 Posts
In my ongoing OCD-driven project to replace all of Pearl's halogen bulbs with LEDs, I installed these red W5W equivalent Canbus LED bulbs in my rear side marker lights. All I have left to go now are my front position lights, and front and rear turn signals.

Reactions: bradley

·
Registered
335 Posts
Not so much what I did to my 124 today, more for it.

I answered the question we were all wondering when we woke up this morning: will a 124 front subframe fit in a third gen Rav4?

Answer: easy.

I'm going to powdercoat this sucker gold to match my ohlins, I think. Stupid piece of metal pipe in the road dented the original. Got this for $350, about $1200 saved buying used.
PXL_20201024_145226070.MP.jpg

3201 - 3220 of 3221 Posts