Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3281 - 3300 of 3320 Posts

·
Registered
Just bought 2017 Abarth spider
37 Posts
Did the CarPlay retrofit/build/mod/update and tweaks today. Using Dan’s blog and Eddie Clark’s video (pistons & petrol) it was an easy job. Took some time but love the result. Everything came out easy. Halfway picture

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Congrat! gutzy move. whose next..:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought this.

Then cut it to fit in the little cubby under the radio so stuff doesn't come flying out when I get on the accelerator.

I know, gutsy ambitious project. but I like to push my boundaries.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth Nero Cinema
104 Posts
Went for a drive with good company, oh and saw a beautiful red Abarth with heritage stripe on the way home! Only a few miles from me. Hopefully the owner is on this forum and joins us on our next outing.

·
Registered
Just bought 2017 Abarth spider
37 Posts
Just received the AliExpress cubby shelf. Fits perfect and quality is good for its price. just under €5 including shipping! Arrived in 16days.

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
518 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Today, you ask? Went on a little unplanned romp with a new Camaro SS and 5.0, that's what. I stopped by my local computer shop to pick up 4000' of CAT5 cable and was headed back home. Normally, this would be a job for the F150, but I was about town and did not realize the shop closed so early. So I loaded up - 2 boxes up front and two in the boot. So there I was, minding my own business on the southbound frontage road. I signaled left to take the turnaround back home, when LO, a LOUD Camaro SS appears on the turnaround in front of me. Oh Joy. He pulls out, I pull out, then a REALLY LOUD Rustang Coyote, brand new lines up next to the SS. They roll down windows and chat back and forth, and I’m there just waiting for somebody to move on over so I could go about my business, but they were obviously otherwise engaged in chit-chat and arm waving. I hear one downshift, then two, then two ear-shattering V8’s revving, but not accelerating. I thought the Spider stalled ‘cause I couldn’t hear my own exhaust, even with the top down. I said to myself, “Self, why not? Let's see what she can do.” I downshifted to second running a little over 4K at 35MPH, I think. Saw a puff of exhaust on the ‘Stank and I stood ON IT. Shifted to third, and here comes the onramp. At the top of 3rd I let off because that's fast enough in public. I lost about 1/2 car length on the ‘Stang, but Mr. ‘Marow wasn’t so lucky. In the back of my mind I immediately thought 3 things: 1) If I was four boxes of cable lighter, somebody would have had to move over to let me by! That made me smile to myself. -2) I'll see you cats later in the twisties, and 3) Stage 3. Obviously, on the big road I would not have had a chance, but a sane speeds, and as fast as I was willing to go on a public road, the little Spider held it's own. Those two disappeared into the traffic up a ways, and I just made my way back home in peace with my now-I-don't-think-it's-so-loud Goodwin pipes, actually kind of surprised that this little motor was THAT willing.... fun fun.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
439 Posts
UPS dropped off some parts for my Spider. Skunk2 Pro ST Coilovers. Will need to sit on them until sways, wheels and tires arrive
so I only need to put the car up on the lift once.

My thanks to member goddahavit for a smooth and positive transaction.
He shipped out the same day and did a great job packing and protecting the parts.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Went on a Denver Auto Enthusiasts cruise to celebrate a friend hitting the jackpot on the GameStop fiasco and buying himself a present (C8 Corvette). Ended up with over 40 cars ranging from a 1990's MR2 to fresh-off-the -boat 911 Turbo and 4 C8 Corvettes. The Abarth held its own admirably and the whole event was remarkably well behaved.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Put the car up on jack stands in preparation of getting the GWR Sourced System One Exhaust I ordered last night. While car is in the air, wishing for warmer and going to keep lubing the downpipe bolts and saying prayers they don't snap. Think I have a Dewalt Rotery/Hammer drill that has a Hammer only mode that I will utilize to see if can break the rust bond. I will do this before I apply any manual rotary force.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
439 Posts
Posted about the coil overs arriving two days ago.
Ordered and now have tracking numbers on front and rear sways and adjustable front and rear links

I will be spending the weekend after next in the garage. Installed pics to follow.
Oh yeah, have slotted drilled rotors on their way as well.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
439 Posts

That red C8 would be me if that was my car. "Anyone park their car close enough for their doors to touch my car gets a tire iron to the face" ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Went round the wheel nuts with the torque wrench. They had been done up with an impact gun. One was ridiculously tight. Redid them all to 70 pound. Recalibrated tyres to 29 pounds. I’m surprised the recommended is same front and rear. Shows how good the balance is I suppose.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Got under the car today and loosened the all the exhaust bolts including the cross-pipe bolts/studs. After several soakings with CRC Freeze-off CRC Freeze-Off super penetrant (autozone.com) and several ginger attempts with a touque wrench they came off with no issues. I reinstalled, now awaiting delivery of the GWR System One Exhaust.

3281 - 3300 of 3320 Posts