Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 3525 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
In the process of installing an amplifier and a sub. Most of the interior carpet and trim pieces have been removed to let me run the wires. It is surprising that the trunk is not really separated from the cabin by much; there is a thin piece of metal that doesn’t cover much more than 85% of the void. The carpet in the trunk and the carpet on the back parcel shelf is about it. My NB had more in terms of serration.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Got groceries in the Giulia in the morning, an picked up Chinese and Thai food for dinner. My Spider's first drive past the Penske facility where it almost got striped.

·
Registered
Classica AT | EC P2 | V4 Intake | Forge BOV | aFe Axleback | Vaitrix Gauge | 51R | Bilstein / FM
103 Posts
Replaced pads / rotors all around -- next maintenance things are ATF (when I figure out how to fill it back up) and differential fluids.

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso Stock
64 Posts
Finally named the car proper....

Spydi's has had a name change to Charlotte (under wife's direction)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I did check the plugs today
they looked dry and one last cyl or 4th had gap .25 brought it to .24
And washed the air filter and dropped the bolt that held the coil
lucky it fell to the floor.
Here s a pic of the plugs let me know what you think of them. tia

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
695 Posts
I think they look pretty good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Installed all the parts that I collected over the winter. Was just waiting until the Michigan weather warmed up and I could start pulling apart the interior trim. Put in new door speakers just to add a little more punch. While the door cards were off I installed the mx5things window controller. Now my windows go all the way down when my top is put down. I can also control the windows with the key fob. The big upgrade was the revlimiter gauges. I bought the kit during their black Friday sale. The kit quality is very good and the install instructions were great. Now I have a proper color tach to go with my car.
Lola Dash.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
No modifications this week, but I did get the car up to 100 mph (160 km) to see what if felt like. It was a blast and the car still felt smooth to drive.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Installed all the parts that I collected over the winter. Was just waiting until the Michigan weather warmed up and I could start pulling apart the interior trim. Put in new door speakers just to add a little more punch. While the door cards were off I installed the mx5things window controller. Now my windows go all the way down when my top is put down. I can also control the windows with the key fob. The big upgrade was the revlimiter gauges. I bought the kit during their black Friday sale. The kit quality is very good and the install instructions were great. Now I have a proper color tach to go with my car.
View attachment 82901
Where did you get the gauge upgrade kit?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It was 51F here today and there's still plenty of snow on the mountains but I drove IDSPIDY to town and back with the roof down (and the heater on). Extra points were obtained as I returned with flowers for my wife :)

With a woolly hat and gloves on it was really very pleasant. It really does need a wash. Maybe next week?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Nice, but to me too expensive. But then it's your money.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
compared to the thin and slick stock Fiat wheel it’s well worth it. Especially while driving on the Dolomites switch back roads.
Patrick, I love those D shape steering wheel, an X-Member had his done on the Abarth, almost $850. can. I touched and felt it and believe me, I would spend that money on something else.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
We were out of avocados and Mexican-blend cheese, so I volunteered. :cool:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Where in Michigan? I'm in Oakland county and haven't seen another Spider on the road yet this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where in Michigan? I'm in Oakland county and haven't seen another Spider on the road yet this year.
Just over in Macomb couty, Macomb Township to be exact. Not too many Spiders on the road over here either. Only had mine out once for a quick run into work. The weather is changing so I should have it out more often soon.

3401 - 3420 of 3525 Posts