Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3421 - 3440 of 3525 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Just over in Macomb couty, Macomb Township to be exact. Not too many Spiders on the road over here either. Only had mine out once for a quick run into work. The weather is changing so I should have it out more often soon.
I purchased my Spider from Genesis.

it would be a great commuter car if I was commuting.

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
268 Posts
Working on BlackBird roll bar install. Had a buddy help me pull the factory pieces out and get the bar into place. We’ve drilled all the holes necessary but decided to call it a day as I need to pickup some silicon and a few other random bits to complete the install.

I can say that this solves the original problem/reason I bought this. My 2017 124 had the top replaced twice under warranty before it was totaled. I bought the bar to keep the top from rubbing on the roll hoops and needing replacement out of warranty. With this bar installed there is zero chance for the leading edge to rub.

Tomorrow we’re trimming the plastic interior pieces and putting it all back together.

This bar has been easy to install and came with good instructions. Drilling the holes was not too difficult - broke 1 cheap drill bit.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Scrubbed the top with RaggTopp cleaner. Washed the rest of Sophia. Applied Raggtopp protectant. My old knees are shot.

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso Stock
64 Posts
I tinted the windows and added the smoke coloured led side signal lights. Also took it out for a ride today.

when I did the side lights I couldn’t believe the leaf debris under the wheel well pla

·
Registered
31 Posts
This week I made a few small changes:

1.Replaced antenna with Stubby
2. Added No Data USB adapter
3. Added Abarth License Plate
4. Added Cigarette Lighter Adapter

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
268 Posts
Meant to add some more photos. Drivers side has the BlackBird seat lowering kit.

Reactions: chilicharger665

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
695 Posts
Added a Scorpion badge to the rear bumper cover. Now if I could just get the picture to upload from my stupid smart phone.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
531 Posts
Lazy day yesterday...just a new application of 303 Fabric Protectant to Pearl's top. Now that we're in the Spring rainy season in TX, I wanted to make sure the rain beads up and doesn't sink in.

Reactions: Ally Android

·
Registered
109 Posts
9988 miles on the odometer; time to change the oil again and rotate the tires. I got the car up on jack stands and began removing the wheels. While they were off, I cleaned them all up and also cleaned up the wheel wells, then rotated and mounted them. So far, so good. Now, it was on to the oil. Removed the oil fill cap, then headed below to remove the belly pan and the drain plug. So far so good. Went up top, removed the diverter valve connection and moved some hoses out of the way. I guess I didn't wait long enough to pull the filter housing, because I managed to make a helluva mess. Drat, sometimes you're the baseball, sometimes you're the bat. So I spent about 30 minutes cleaning up the garage floor and every nook and cranny I could reach near the filter housing. Waited about 20 minutes, then went under the car and cleaned again. SPOTLESS, even better than before. Put the new filter on, put the plug back in and secured the belly pan in place. Got my trusty funnel and it was then that I saw MORE oil on topside of the belly pan. NICE. I just cleaned that!. ALL BACK OFF AGAIN, I can't stand even a drop of oil mucking things up. All cleaned up now and ready to roll again. I'm beat.

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso Stock
64 Posts
I added the Racechip box to the Spider today and had a lot of fun with the connectors in hard to reach places. Mission accomplished.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Spent the last couple of days fitting the Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Eibach uprated front & rear anti-roll bars (sway bars) plus adjustable drop links. Pics also show the clear wind deflector I put in a few weeks ago. I then went for a test drive, and then... (see separate thread to follow...)

Attachments

Reactions: alltimesaresoon

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
695 Posts
Added the Officine Abarth plaque to my Abarth Spider. IMHO I think it dresses out the storage compartment door rather nicely.

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima GWR Exhaust,, SS Pedals, Turbo Blanket, Hood Struts, Various Trim add ons..
104 Posts
Share what you did today with the Fiat 124 Spider community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Taking advantage of the nice weather and going for a drive with the top down ;)

Anything goes!
I installed a Turbo Blanket

·
Registered
637 Posts
Reactions: james.today
3421 - 3440 of 3525 Posts