Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 3467 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm currently on a week's break in West Wales. Spent yesterday in the lovely town of Cardigan.
Love seeing the top down on a damp day!

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Abarth Manual, Forte Black, Nero/Rosso
8 Posts
Share what you did today with the Fiat 124 Spider community!
Finally received (after about 7 weeks) my new Raceseng shift knob, and installed it!

Looks great, feels great. It's taller than the stock knob, so keeps my arm off the entertainment system knob, and a lot heavier. Shifts somehow feel simultaneously smoother and crisper, and if I didn't know better I'd swear it added 10 HP. 😀

·
Registered
534 Posts
Beautiful! What have you got going on with the power ports? Looks cool too!

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
687 Posts
Where did you find the plaque?
I ordered it from a guy in Italy. His trade name is Poggia Piedi and he is on Facebook here: I Love Poggiapiedi It was 50 Euros which at the time came out to just about $65 USD. I am happy with it and the price.

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Abarth Manual, Forte Black, Nero/Rosso
8 Posts
Beautiful! What have you got going on with the power ports? Looks cool too!
Power port adapter:

"Eject" and "Fire Missile" plugs for the unused ports:

Yeah, there's a teenaged boy bubbling to the surface since I bought the Spider. ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
687 Posts
Purchased a companion for the 124 Spider. Picking up a AR Giulia ti Lusso next Saturday. Woo Hoo. Wanted a QV but it's just a little bit above my budget. LoL 🤣

·
Registered
534 Posts
Wow, awesome! Congratulations!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Pretty Low Key, the weather here has been shocking, so installed Apple Car Play (such an improvement over the stock interface IMO), PTP Turbo blanket, GFB DV+, Eurocompulsion V1 intake, AFE Pro Dry S Filter, finished off the Mishimoto Catch Can and attached my Cravenspeed Stubby, all pretty straightforward stuff, but good fun nonetheless...now if only the damn weather would ease up a little!
D40BC7DF-958C-4B94-94E3-F6503945791C.jpeg
1914537B-41D8-4343-9956-8A989F4D158F.jpeg
516AFBD2-728B-4B8D-AC2E-2EC01047FCCC.jpeg

·
Registered
710 Posts
Install on new Conti extreme contact sports later today at 330. K hyper grams. These are sure pretty

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
Like em. Do wonder if I'd have liked the machined lip better.

Love the performance tho. 10.7 lbs less per corner, no more run flats, wider tire by 10mm......ya don't know how clunky the old wheel tire combo is was until you change it. Smoother ride, noticeable accel litheness, handling improvement...feels nimble...

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Like em. Do wonder if I'd have like the machined lip better.

Love the performance tho. 10.7 lbs less per corner, no more run flats, wider tire by 10mm......ya don't know how clunky the old wheel tire combo is was until you change it. Smoother ride, noticeable accel litheness, handling improvement...feels nimble...
Lovely, my budget is spent this year, but new rims will be on the agenda next year.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed a Seletron Pedal Booster today. I didn't time myself on the install, but I'd say it took less than 5 minutes. Very easy install, the very definition of 'plug and play'!

I purchased the bluetooth version and I was also surprised that it connected instantly, I didn't need to locate it with my phone or manually connect the seletron phone app to my car. Anyways, the thing works great and greatly improves the throttle response. I seem to be preferring 'city' mode and perhaps 'sport' mode best of the 4 modes. Definitely worth the purchase! The car feels much more responsive now, no more dead 'mush' in the pedal.

With the app, you can change settings easily with the click of a button, but you don't need to open the app each time you drive. It is a set and forget device. You only need to open the app if you want to change settings (e.g. from 'city' to 'sport').

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
705 Posts
Upholstered center door panel card with suede.

While I have the interior of the car disassembled, waiting on my seats to arrive, I popped the doors off to see how hard it would be to copy the 'alacantara suede' touches euro Abarths receive.
OMG It was so frikkin' easy. I'm talking 45 minutes per door including removal, disassembly, upholstery work, door reassembly, and reinstallation.
Wrapped the door latch surround and the pull bar in 4D carbon fiber wrap. Still working on the window switch panel, hence the blank spot in the door.

If anyone is interested I'll document the process when I do the other door tomorrow. Right now it's cocktail hour on a gorgeous Friday in Texas.
Going to turn on the tunes on the patio, throw some meat on the grill and some booze in my belly!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Like em. Do wonder if I'd have liked the machined lip better.

I think you made the right choice with the matte gray.

3441 - 3460 of 3467 Posts