Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3581 - 3600 of 3692 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
We spent the day out haring around tight country roads in the Trough of Bowland, with our buddies chasing us....these cars are such good fun, they are so light and ‘alive’, a bit twitchy even, but always trustworthy. I remember my Boxster being good fun, but you had to be going soooo fast to ’push it’, whereas these cars are fun at much lower (safer) speeds. In this world of ‘auto’ boxes, it’s also great fun to be using the stick, double de-clutching for downshifts, with those delicious cracks and burbles, we had smiles like Cheshire cats!

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
While the epoxy is drying I was able to get the CS door bushings in and that red fascia cover on as well. I will post better pics soon she needs to get cleaned up but I'm calling it a night =) View attachment 85244
Which badge is this? From a punto abarth or punto grande abarth?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Reactions: HCKLV

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
68 Posts
Actually, now that you have taken your badges off maybe you can tell us - is there a difference (any difference whatsoever) between the stock front and rear A124 badges?
Yes the size and fitment is different between front and rear but I still think they both suck the same =P

·
Registered
294 Posts
I bought smoked LED side lights from abarth tuning with @drivendistricts code. It got me a whole £1.13 off but I figure it’s better off in my pocket and his pension fund than with the man...

Reactions: CDNA

·
Registered
847 Posts
Decided to upgrade my sill plates with the newer 2020 MX5 ones. It's a direct fit and takes all of 10 minutes to install (some before, after and install photos).
Thanks to your post @Mikeydred, I also ordered these. Arrived today! Love 'em - what my Lusso should have come with originally!

Mazda part #s: NF7R-68-710 02 (right side) and NF7R-68-720 02 (left side)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks for this. I just ordered it with red stitching. I was overdue for some kind of fix. I’ll report back after I get it.
Got them. I’m only using one on the passenger side. Good quality and it fits well. I’ll play with the exact placement but it’s going to serve it’s purpose and look good as well. C985826F-1336-48B7-9C48-12C9C14564D3.jpeg AF065873-7E9C-4A75-95A7-D446CBA12ADF.jpeg 3AB5E9FF-46F4-4E33-B8E8-091054E85708.jpeg

·
Registered
231 Posts
Received these two bits today -

However the Forge adaptor did not come with long bolts as described in listing so, wanting to fit something today I had the choice of one part or the other using the bolts from the GFB DV.

I fitted the Forge adaptor first. The resulting sound on the test drive was so anaemic and weedy, and barely audible over the Monza exhaust and wind noise, even with the roof down. Seems like a really pointless mod for the money.

I think I am going to send this back for a refund, rather than wait for longer bolts to arrive, and just fit the GFB DV+ alone.

Was anyone else disappointed by this ? Is the Sila adapter plate that a lot of you have in the US that much more exiting / dramatic ? Does it get more impressive if combined with the DV+ ?

I guess I was expecting a sharper, more agressive sort of noise rather than a gentle hiss...

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have just the GFB DV+..... I make my own "whoosh, whoosh, phtpssshh, phtpssshh" sounds "al la" Homer Simpson...... it's much cheaper and I don't need the longer bolts 😆👍
I think you could get some gas tablets from the doctor for your flatulence problems...🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
177 Posts
Thanks for this. I just ordered it with red stitching. I was overdue for some kind of fix. I’ll report back after I get it.
Welcomes!
Here is a pic of
Got them. I’m only using one on the passenger side. Good quality and it fits well. I’ll play with the exact placement but it’s going to serve it’s purpose and look good as well. View attachment 85317 View attachment 85318 View attachment 85319
looks great!
Here is one of mine. Not sure if I’m going to leave spacers or not!

·
Registered
468 Posts
@CDNA - I'm undecided on the spacers too. They appear too wide.
I might modify them but, hey, that's what we do here ;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
100% looks like it belongs on a Lusso! I love it. Awesome tip, @Mikeydred!

3581 - 3600 of 3692 Posts