Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

3601 - 3620 of 3692 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I just ordered a pair for my Lusso from OEM parts. They seemed to be tough to find on the internet.
Terrific! Very easy to install. Easy on, easy off. The improvement in luxury appearance comes from the removal of bare-bones appearance. I can't get over how much I like these.

Mine came from mazdapartsfactor.com, which is actually Werner Mazda in New Hampshire. Very supportive and understanding of the fitment of "Mazda MX-5" parts to a Fiat 124 Spider. I also bought the 2018 MX-5 updated visors / header trim at the same time.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Whatcha pay?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Whatcha pay?
mazdapartsfactor.com
Ordered: 05/24/21
Delivered: 06/02/21

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
NF7R-68-710-02Plate(R) Front Scuff$78.091$78.09
NF7R-68-720-02Plate(L) Front Scuff$77.891$77.89
ND1F-68-09Z-02Trim Front Header$189.121$189.12

Subtotal: $345.10
Estimated Shipping to 41xxx via Standard Shipping: $35.50
Total: $380.60

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
177 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Your seats look really great!
Thanks! My first two convertibles had ivory-colored seats, so I'm just accustomed to the idea that convertibles have light interiors.

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
177 Posts
Most of my past toys had light interiors,
A little more work to maintain but, imho,
Worth the effort!
thx again for sharing you pics !

·
Registered
847 Posts
When I first got the car, I didn't enter/exit using the patented Spider "Spin-n-Sit-n-Spin-n-Drive / Spin-n-Stand-n-Spin-n-Exit" method of ingress and egress, so I quickly wore the color off the piping on the outer bolster on the driver's side. I repaired it with leather dye that's holding up surprisingly well now that I have the drill down pat. That being said, I can foresee a day when I order custom leather upholstery in a higher grade.

·
Registered
885 Posts
mazdapartsfactor.com
Ordered: 05/24/21
Delivered: 06/02/21

Part NumberPart NamePriceQuantityTotal
NF7R-68-710-02Plate(R) Front Scuff$78.091$78.09
NF7R-68-720-02Plate(L) Front Scuff$77.891$77.89
ND1F-68-09Z-02Trim Front Header$189.121$189.12

Subtotal: $345.10
Estimated Shipping to 41xxx via Standard Shipping: $35.50
Total: $380.60
I love it but I don't 345 dollar love it....lol

Reactions: Magoffin

·
Registered
847 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
177 Posts
When I first got the car, I didn't enter/exit using the patented Spider "Spin-n-Sit-n-Spin-n-Drive / Spin-n-Stand-n-Spin-n-Exit" method of ingress and egress, so I quickly wore the color off the piping on the outer bolster on the driver's side. I repaired it with leather dye that's holding up surprisingly well now that I have the drill down pat. That being said, I can foresee a day when I order custom leather upholstery in a higher grade.
Yea mine is a little worst for wear. I was thinking of picking up an extra set of seats from a salvage vehicle, but I thing your plan is a better way to go,,
Will do some research and circle back with some info re cost. Seems like a good winter project

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well after the turbo cooled enough to touch, I swapped the vented adaptor for the GFB DV.

Now this was worth doing!

I suspect the original was not working at all as well as it should have been. The difference was immediately noticeable. Sharper pick-up into boost and holding boost better on long pulls right up to the top of the rev-range, even in higher gears.

Took it on a much longer test drive, 80-mile round trip out to the coast for Italian take-out on the beach. Very happy with the strong feel and sound of the car, and a very intermittent mis-fire I've been seeing did not show up all evening (related, or just a happy coincidence).

Motor feels refreshed, like I've just wound off a large chunk of its 50,000 miles.

Happy Smudger, full of neapolitan pizza.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Yea mine is a little worst for wear. I was thinking of picking up an extra set of seats from a salvage vehicle, but I thing your plan is a better way to go,,
Will do some research and circle back with some info re cost. Seems like a good winter project
I've heard some good things about katzkin.com here on the forum.

Reactions: CDNA

·
Registered
847 Posts
I went for a ride at lunch. About one mile down the road, the tire pressure warning goes off. Honestly I didn't think much of it. The TPMS on the Classica / Lusso is not actual tire pressure, rather it monitors wheel speed anomalies. I figured I just needed to check pressure and reset the system once the tires cooled down back at home.

Well, after work (we work from home), Mrs. Magoffin and I went to jump in the Spider for a ride to a dairy stand on a beautiful evening. Here's what we saw at the right rear (it's always a rear) tire walking into the garage:

Noooooo!!! My month-old Continental Extreme Contact Sport summer tires. :cry:

I jacked up the car at center rear and started rotating the tire, looking for the puncture. Mrs. Magoffin quickly spotted it on the inside edge:

Some kind of cotter pin or staple. :confused:

I pulled it out. Wow, the tread compound on this tire is really soft. I think a regular all-season tire would have crushed this little wire before it could penetrate.

I know there are debates surrounding plug or no plug, what kind of plug, and is it in the sidewall or tread, etc. My call on this one:
  • Not the sidewall (y)
  • Traditional rope plug (y)
  • Will seek professional vulcanized internal repair at earliest opportunity (y)
For more insight regarding why a rope plug vs. spear plug or mushroom plug, see this motorcycle tire repair video:

My first-aid kit:

The boo-boo with Band-Aid:

Moral of the story: if your TPMS activates, pull over and check your tires as soon as it's safe to do so.

P.S. We went on with our ride to get footlong hot dogs and ice cream. The End

Reactions: sharkcohen

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
285 Posts
Yes the size and fitment is different between front and rear but I still think they both suck the same =P
Yeah the front fits into a recession in the front bumper - this recession is the exact same size as the one on a Lusso - on my 2017 I swapped the front for a round Punto Abarth emblem.

The rear is flat on the back but does also have a locating pin that fits into a hole in the rear trunk lid.

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
68 Posts
Yeah the front fits into a recession in the front bumper - this recession is the exact same size as the one on a Lusso - on my 2017 I swapped the front for a round Punto Abarth emblem.

The rear is flat on the back but does also have a locating pin that fits into a hole in the rear trunk lid.
There is a noticable impression left in the bodywork after removing the emblem up front on mine. That's what I get for saying the og emblem sucks because even though it's been removed, the outline of the dodge ram sized badge is still there and will have to be dealt with to consider this mod a success to me.

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
285 Posts
Ahh that makes sense. I had a guy back into me so I was putting the emblem on a freshly painted bumper.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Today, you ask? I went out for what was supposed to be a "coffee run" at our local Dazzle Coffee Shop, but the top was down, it was 70 degrees F (21C) and though it was overcast and looked like rain, I couldn't help myself. Headed out of town with coffee in tow, then 130 miles happened before I knew it. Almost had an encounter with Bambi early on, and dodged a few vultures, but otherwise a fine, fine, ride. Here are some pics....

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg
pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg
pic5.jpg
pic6.jpg
pic8.jpg
pic9.jpg
MyCar050521-1.jpg
MyCar050521-2.jpg

·
Registered