Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
3861 - 3880 of 3912 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
605 Posts
Thanks y’all! Now I’m really pumped to get these tires on the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have an autocross next weekend, so I decided to swap back to the straight pipe on my System One exhaust. You know, for that extra performance :p. I'd forgotten how good those turbo noises sounded. Don't get me wrong, I like how it sounds with the resonator. And the resonator is much friendlier for my daily commute. But I think I'm going to leave the straight pipe in for a while after the event. My average fuel economy is going to suffer.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
861 Posts
Love that blue! Looks like the Monza fits the other 124’s better than the Abarth! There is way too much gap in my rear bumpers cutouts!😡

·
Registered
818 Posts
Damn DC pothole managed to scrape up two of my stock abarth wheels today. Not a huge deal since I was planning on replacing them anyway, but ugh!

Also ordered the Valved Ragazzon Exhaust via @Evolved a few days ago. Pretty excited about that, which also means my current Record Monza will be up for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Cleaned the top drain baskets and filters. Tazilon's video is very good.

·
Registered
801 Posts
After over 3 weeks at dealership for new top and new seatbelt retractors, tried to pick it up, but left without it.

I just got back from 2hrs at the dealership as I was called and told car is ready for pick up. - Unfortunately, the car is still there.

Issues:

1. Trying to sit in the car the driver side seat belt was stuck in the retracted position. Neither the service agent, I or the Porter were able to get it to budge. We had tech come over after some fiddling he got it unjambed. No cause for issue was given.

2. The belt retraction and tension is still weak, the passenger side feels weaker then when I brought the car in originally. If they diagnosed this as an unsafe/undriveable condition before, is it still unsafe?

3. While driving home the seatbelt light was flashing intermittently. I had nothing on the seat. I was belted in and passenger seat was empty, belt unbuckled.

4. The top was replaced, due to it rubbing the top of the roll hoop. New top rubs even more then the old one. In addition to that of or much more concern is a new condition where the edge of the edge of the top rubs back of the roll bar. The top and roll hoop cover will wear out in a matter of a couple weeks unless this condition is corrected. Also top alignment now seems off as it is not hitting the center of the strike plate making one handed operation impossible.

5. Lastly, none of the center console controls work (Radio, sport button, mute, nav, home, etc). Service tech felt that possibly something may of not been connected properly.

I was told by Service Manager Ron Federico that I need to reach out to you to get these notes added to case and that you need to dispatch a FAIT factory tech. Due to the long delay (Human Resource Issue) in servicing the car and the poor quality work/quality control/scheduling/communication at this dealership (Remember they installed the top that just wore out), I think it may be better to engage with another dealer. Please check with your supervisors in how to facilitate this. Car is in worse shape then when I bought it in.

• Wow
Reactions: mtnghost

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
97 Posts
....I highly recommend that you, like me, move away pronto from Ramsey Fiat....lol. Kidding aside, it must be maddening.

·
Registered
514 Posts
@ Racer27:
The nightmare at Ramsey Chrysler/Fiat continues huh? I'm sorry to hear that and it sucks.

They are a Chrysler Dealer and don't give a rats ass about Fiats, nor have any Fiat expertise. And that is why after an oil change I never returned.

My roof is not perfect (slight rubbing and it's wearing where it folds) but I didn't take it to them (even under warranty) because I knew they wouldn't fix it correctly. I've just learned to deal with the imperfection and not get aggravated with the dealer's incompetence.

Your plight reinforces that I made the right call but I sincerely hope you get it all worked out.

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
605 Posts
Yeah...these guys sound like incompetent crooks. Go elsewhere if you are at all able. I question whether or not they actually replaced the seat belt retractors. If they did, the techs must have been the Three Stooges. When my dealer in Austin, TX replaced my retractors, it took them about 45 minutes and I was watching from the customer area. Both belts now retract much more strongly, and one is no different from the other as far as how they work. This is totally unacceptable. I'd also file a report against them with U.S. Stellantis HQ in Michigan. Clowns like this need to be run out of business. Sorry for your crappy experience.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth MT
8 Posts
Has anyone done the Apple Carplay mod recently? Still have the files? Please PM me. I have most of what I need but I'm having trouble locating a few files.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Damn DC pothole managed to scrape up two of my stock abarth wheels today.
Aw, that's a bummer!

If we could just get the Capitol to print a few more trillion for "infrastructure" maybe that won't be a problem any more! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
605 Posts
Had my new Conti ECS tires installed today replacing the OEM Bridgestone RE050A's. The difference is dramatic! Where the Bridgestones would slide pretty easily (probably because of their worn condition) these Contis make it feel like the car is permanently bonded to the road. I really had to work to make the back step out a bit. These tires also give a better ride on rough roads, especially at the 32psi I set them up at. Still waiting to take Pearl out in the rain and wet, but if the wet traction is as good as they claim, I'm a total fan. Interestingly, these tires are made in France. I thought most all the Contis were made in the US. Doesn't matter, I really like these tires a lot.

·
Registered
75 Posts
She was a bit mucky so I washed her last night then took her for a close-up. (No! The Fiat)

IDSPIDY is a stock "never been raced or rallyed" 2017 Classica "ottermatic". (When you get to my age you'll understand :) )

Bought it from a Fiat dealership in Salt Lake City in March 2019 for a rather low price. Had 500 demo miles on it so they had to sell it used but it had never been registered, and who the heck buys a RWD convertible in snow country in March?
Best bit is nobody knows what it actually is. I keep getting buzzed by exotic machines that probably cost ten times as much.

The pic is at Mica Bay, Lake Coeur d'Alene.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Congrats on the tires @AnClar! Aren't they awesome?!
Had my new Conti ECS tires...Interestingly, these tires are made in France. I thought most all the Contis were made in the US.
Probably depends on the tire size, i.e. SUV tires are probably US-produced. Continental is a German-based company with plants all over the world. They probably make our sizes at their European locations.

Reactions: AnClar

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Great location for a beauty shot, @Wyllie! (y)

Reactions: Wyllie

·
Registered
994 Posts
Today I got my 4 year service carried out by the supplying dealer, Thames at Slough. I asked them to look at the hood (roof) alignment when down, it's only a couple of mm from the rollover hoop covers, but they said it's 2-3 hours of labour and maybe to book it in if it starts rubbing. I pointed out that once it starts rubbing then the hood and hoop covers get damaged so that they would need replacing but it seems like they weren't going to offer to do it for free. Apart from that no problem, I got a 500 hybrid as a loan, where you could feel the regenerative braking. Maybe next time they'll loan me a fully electric version?

Has anyone done the Apple Carplay mod recently? Still have the files? Please PM me. I have most of what I need but I'm having trouble locating a few files.
+1 for me too, I have the hardware and planned to do the install in the next few weeks, but can't do it now :(

3861 - 3880 of 3912 Posts