Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
3881 - 3900 of 3912 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Prima Edizione, AT
195 Posts
Share what you did today with the Fiat 124 Spider community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Taking advantage of the nice weather and going for a drive with the top down ;)

Anything goes!
Evicted a squatter!
(actually the other day but didn’t have time to
Post).
$ 20 dollar Starbucks gift card to the forum member who replies with the best Meme title for Pic (imho) by 5pm Tuesday EDT

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
....I highly recommend that you, like me, move away pronto from Ramsey Fiat....lol. Kidding aside, it must be maddening.
Ah! NJ shops are not always the best. Took our Vanagon in for a service and they insisted the brake drums needed to be turned. Unfortunately the idiot who did it mounted them eccentric on the lathe! (It was a while ago and I can't remember the place. Off 208 I think.)

Mind you CA isn't much better. Leased a Volvo and they talked me into Permaplate(?) to protect the paint and carpets. The pile fell out of the carpets after two years! And no, they refused to replace them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have an autocross next weekend, so I decided to swap back to the straight pipe on my System One exhaust. You know, for that extra performance :p. I'd forgotten how good those turbo noises sounded. Don't get me wrong, I like how it sounds with the resonator. And the resonator is much friendlier for my daily commute. But I think I'm going to leave the straight pipe in for a while after the event. My average fuel economy is going to suffer.
I just fitted the System One, I went straight to the straight pipe, I just love the noise!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have an autocross next weekend, so I decided to swap back to the straight pipe on my System One exhaust. You know, for that extra performance :p. I'd forgotten how good those turbo noises sounded. Don't get me wrong, I like how it sounds with the resonator. And the resonator is much friendlier for my daily commute. But I think I'm going to leave the straight pipe in for a while after the event. My average fuel economy is going to suffer.
I just fitted the System One, I went straight to the straight pipe, I just love the noise!

·
Registered
138 Posts
After over 3 weeks at dealership for new top and new seatbelt retractors, tried to pick it up, but left without it.

I just got back from 2hrs at the dealership as I was called and told car is ready for pick up. - Unfortunately, the car is still there.

Issues:

1. Trying to sit in the car the driver side seat belt was stuck in the retracted position. Neither the service agent, I or the Porter were able to get it to budge. We had tech come over after some fiddling he got it unjambed. No cause for issue was given.

2. The belt retraction and tension is still weak, the passenger side feels weaker then when I brought the car in originally. If they diagnosed this as an unsafe/undriveable condition before, is it still unsafe?

3. While driving home the seatbelt light was flashing intermittently. I had nothing on the seat. I was belted in and passenger seat was empty, belt unbuckled.

4. The top was replaced, due to it rubbing the top of the roll hoop. New top rubs even more then the old one. In addition to that of or much more concern is a new condition where the edge of the edge of the top rubs back of the roll bar. The top and roll hoop cover will wear out in a matter of a couple weeks unless this condition is corrected. Also top alignment now seems off as it is not hitting the center of the strike plate making one handed operation impossible.

5. Lastly, none of the center console controls work (Radio, sport button, mute, nav, home, etc). Service tech felt that possibly something may of not been connected properly.

I was told by Service Manager Ron Federico that I need to reach out to you to get these notes added to case and that you need to dispatch a FAIT factory tech. Due to the long delay (Human Resource Issue) in servicing the car and the poor quality work/quality control/scheduling/communication at this dealership (Remember they installed the top that just wore out), I think it may be better to engage with another dealer. Please check with your supervisors in how to facilitate this. Car is in worse shape then when I bought it in.
Hello,
We're sorry to hear you're experiencing these vehicle concerns and are disappointed with your dealer service. If you'd like to send us a private message with more information, we'd be glad to assist.

Sarah
Fiat Cares

Reactions: Arthur

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Either wind from my long trip or a rock took off the fog bezel. Ordered two new ones ....hoping there is good access to get at the install points from under when removing the lower shields.... I would have posted a pic of the car but it's too ugly to share
Orange Automotive tire Audio equipment Bag Gas

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso
115 Posts
Installed the RM and what a nice sounding note.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cleaned the top with 303 Tonneau and Convertible Top Cleaner and applied 303 Fabric Guard. But, more importantly, did this:

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
274 Posts
Reactions: Tazilon Brenner

·
Registered
148 Posts
Taz, You striped it. Nice!
Thanks! I have side stripes planned. My mock up is at the graphics shop getting reworked a bit by their graphic designer to make it more application friendly.

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
274 Posts
I finished attaching carbon fiber overlays (8) and vinyl wrapping door panel parts and shift surround (5); also installed carbon fiber shift knob. Fourteen bits of carbon fiber changed the whole feel of the interior. I’ve ordered shift and ebrake boots from Redline Leather (black perforated leather with dark red stitching) Next I need to clean the carpet. lol

Reactions: mtnghost

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
274 Posts
What shift knob is that looks great.
Thank you. It's the Ryanstar shift knob, $17.99 on Amazon. 50mm dia. Not as heavy as the Wicked Racing knob it replaced, but I do like the feel of it. The red at the base is a nylon spacer/washer from Lowes painted red. stacked on a thicker spacer painted black. (needs a spacer when replacing OEM knob with a round ball)

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
I have the same one and love it

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue with Heritage Pack
91 Posts
I took my car to Richmond Park, a 30 minute drive from me, in London. It's 30c today!

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue with Heritage Pack
91 Posts
Installed custom-made footwell lighting and changed interior dome light to LED to match:

Gear shift Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

I also upgraded the front lights - below is a Before and After:

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

I'll post a guide on the lighting I used, including LED, which avoids any Canbus-related errors, in due course.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
861 Posts
Would love to know what led bulb fits the map light as the one I bought was too big although it carried the proper part number.

3881 - 3900 of 3912 Posts