Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
3,941 - 3,960 of 4,651 Posts
Love how the tips fill out the bumper openings, looks amazing!
I’ll be honest I was worried about how big the tips would look. But I honestly couldn’t be happier, except when I paint them to match the graphite trim!

Got a stage1 tune at the go-to tuner for Abarth/Fiat/Alfa Romeo in The Netherlands, HS Corse. They also did a Selina oil change and installed NGK SIKR9A7 spark plugs.

With the stock run the Abarth only ran 151pk instead of ~170pk (euro numbers).
With the tune it ran 171pk. Somethings wrong!!

After thorough diagnostics it turned out the GFB DV+ was stuck open resulting in some pressure loss. They polished the bras piston and reassembled. Another run, 182pk and 298Nm.
They usually get 190-195pk out of the 124 but somehow I do get more Nm’s then normal.

Drive is awesome. Picks up so quick. Can’t wait to drive some more this weekend. Torque is what you feel so I am going to try this for a while.

Share what you did today with the Fiat 124 Spider community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Taking advantage of the nice weather and going for a drive with the top down ;)

Anything goes!
Early morning cold drive up local canyon roads.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Liquid Windscreen wiper Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Car Sky Water

Installed the 17x7 Oz Ultraleggeras and Eibach (US) Pro-Kit Springs....new Amsoil SAE 5W-40 FS and filter.....(now for a little exterior TLC)

Attachments

^^^^ Love the contrast of those wheels on the silver car. Very Nice!

Interested to see how you feel about the Eibach's after you drive it a bit. I'm real happy with them.

Happy motoring!!!

Reactions: Mikeydred
Well winter is just next door, I inflated the tires, and my 303 Outdoor Fabric Guard arrived today from Costco( great price for 2 bottles) So I applied 1st coat spray (up and down and left and right)
protected the paint, cleaned the windows and tomorrow or Thursday, I'll give a second coat.
then Friday or Saturday, after the Fabric Guard has dried, I will put the royal cover on her a little hug and at end of each month, I will wake her up do a start and back and forward to loosen her legs. LOL
End of January, well if weather permits(no snow storms) She will be heading to Florida on a 17xx miles journey.

Reactions: wolf18t and 17221
This morning the top was dry and clean and therefore I gave second coat of FABRIC GUARD. Tomorrow the blanket goes and hibernation.

Reactions: 17221
Over the past couple of days, I have installed a set of Eibach springs, 4 x Michelin PS4’s , slightly wider than standard (215 v 205) and these lovely Enkei wheels. I’m very happy with the stance, the way the wheels look and the ride, which is firmer, just as compliant and a little quieter (PS4’s?). Only requires an alignment now.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Had the Spider out of the garage to put stuff away for winter so, what the heck, went for a little drive as the sun set (early!). Got stuck behind a slowpoke (natch) on one of my favorite roads. They even turned where I was going to turn, Sigh. So I continued to a major intersection to turn around. Wouldn't you know it, cop sitting on the side of the road. Saw the car (Explorer, actually) in plenty of time and really wasn't going that fast. Waited for the light to turn, and someone ran it. Did you see that, officer? They did! Go get 'em! Didn't see any lights or siren before I turned around (Michigan left), so I'll just assume justice was done. Enjoyed the drive back home and tucked the Spider back safely in the garage. Oh, I saw another Spider (silver) going north on Telegraph Road at Lone Pine. Anyone here?

@Chipshot Envy! I had to do a lot of chores this weekend while the weather was good, so no Spider time! :(
Rest assured, this weekend was not all fun and games. Driving the Spider was just the reward at the end. No, the reward at the end is what I'm eating now, the last of the raspberries from our personal patch. We're ready for the snowflakes to fly and, eventually, next spring to arrive and the cycle to repeat.

Finally getting around to some mods piling up in the garage.......Eibach Pro-Kit (US) Springs with Oz Ultraleggeras (ET37), GWR Bump Stops & Lightweight wheel lugs, Abarth wheel caps, Cravenspeed door bushings and the MX5 ND replacement visors.....busy yet satisfying week.
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Car
Office supplies Motor vehicle Automotive design Office equipment Machine

Finally getting around to some mods piling up in the garage.......Eibach Pro-Kit (US) Springs with Oz Ultraleggeras (ET37), GWR Bump Stops & Lightweight wheel lugs, Abarth wheel caps, Cravenspeed door bushings and the MX5 ND replacement visors.....busy yet satisfying week. View attachment 89144 View attachment 89145 View attachment 89146
That’s a whole lot of modding, looks lovely though, I have to say the lower stance really suits this car. What is the difference in visors? My car has the OEM door bushings, what advantage is there to the Cravenspeed ones?

3,941 - 3,960 of 4,651 Posts