Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
4041 - 4060 of 4114 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
So after much procrastinating, I finally raided the piggy bank and headed to PowerFlow Custom Exhaust workshop in Hull. I wanted to quiten the whole Abarth experience down a little bit. Well pleased with the result. Purrs on tickover/low revs and nice growl when you lift the revs. Doesn't seem to have effected my seat of the pants dyno.
2.25" stainless mid-pipe and mufflers. I have the option to remove the muffler in the mid-pipe. I am going to see how the sound develops over the next couple of hundred miles.
I brought my Record Monza backbox home and found the valve has been welded open. Hence why it was just to loud for my liking. I also had 3 people telling me my exhaust was blowing in the las couple of weeks.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue with Heritage Pack
191 Posts
I didn't make any modifications, however, I did park next to two regular-sized (for the UK and European market) SUVs, and this photo shows the size difference between this car type and the 124 Spider:

Vehicle Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
If parking spaces were that small in the US, there'd be an outcry!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fast becoming the ‘go to’ street rubber, I had these fitted a while ago, much better than the factory run-flats.
Woah, wait a second, do we have run-flat tyres? Mine are Bridgestone Potenza's which are the factory tyres I believe. I didn't know they were run-flat? o_O

In addition, @Walshy6677 and @RobbertNLD, how is the ride comfort with the PS4s in comparison to the factory fit? :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Woah, wait a second, do we have run-flat tyres? Mine are Bridgestone Potenza's which are the factory tyres I believe. I didn't know they were run-flat? o_O

In addition, @Walshy6677 and @RobbertNLD, how is the ride comfort with the PS4s in comparison to the factory fit? :D
Now then, that’s a test, I had thought mine were run-flats, but I maybe mistaken. I fitted mine alongside new Enkei alloys and Eibachs, so in isolation it is difficult to comment on the tyre only impact of the PS4’s. I do think Road Noise is reduced though and I am sure grip will be enhanced a little due to the extra width. In the round, my car sits a little flatter through corners, doesn’t roll half as much as the factory spec, ride comfort/ compliance is no worse either, overall a big gain.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
102 Posts
In addition, … , how is the ride comfort with the PS4s in comparison to the factory fit? :D
Can’t really tell yet. It’s raining today 😅
The OEM Bridgestones where 5 years old (and 45k km on dash but prob also on winters). My guess: That alone will be a lot of difference on any tire.
But I do already like the looks of going from 205 to 215 width. It’s a small bit but looks a lot bigger/fatter

·
Registered
Still to arrive!
7 Posts
Today I took delivery of the new wheels, even though I haven't collected the car yet! They are the genuine 45mm offset wheels and along with the Carbon-fibre hard-top that should be fitted today, will turn the Abarth 124 Spider much of the way into a 124GT. I had been looking for a GT to come up for sale but they are so rare that I thought it better to build my own.

I have done a lot of reading on the forum over the last month or so which has been super helpful, including reading all 203 pages of this thread :)

Looking forward to being a 124 owner soon, and having something to put the wheels onto.

Cheers, Dave

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Greetings @SussexSpider from another Dave! Are you in West or East Sussex (or maybe not in Sussex at all?) Do you have a place to store the hardtop when not in use? I hope you've read @Santtu 's posts about the hardtop installation, some good tips in there...

Reactions: SussexSpider

·
Registered
Still to arrive!
7 Posts
Greetings @SussexSpider from another Dave! Are you in West or East Sussex (or maybe not in Sussex at all?) Do you have a place to store the hardtop when not in use? I hope you've read @Santtu 's posts about the hardtop installation, some good tips in there...
Hi there azzura/Dave. I am in West Sussex near Wisborough Green, so some lovely driving roads in this area; are you in the south east too? Yep, luckily I have some storage space for the hardtop and the original wheels that will be relegated to winter wheels in the future. Thanks for the suggestion on Santtu's post and yep, I had been through that already.

I had a Lotus Exige for 12 years and and really appreciated having a hard top in the winter, and a convertible top in the summer as like the 124 that car was my daily drive. Its just a shame that I couldn't find a 124GT around but other than the hardtop, wheels and badge (all of which I have now sorted) I don't think there were any other changes to the standard Abarth 124 apart from some options which the car I am getting already has.

Can't wait to get out driving in it and having a fun car again.

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
173 Posts
Today I took delivery of the new wheels, even though I haven't collected the car yet! They are the genuine 45mm offset wheels and along with the Carbon-fibre hard-top that should be fitted today, will turn the Abarth 124 Spider much of the way into a 124GT. I had been looking for a GT to come up for sale but they are so rare that I thought it better to build my own.

I have done a lot of reading on the forum over the last month or so which has been super helpful, including reading all 203 pages of this thread :)

Looking forward to being a 124 owner soon, and having something to put the wheels onto.

Cheers, Dave

View attachment 90137
Beautiful wheels! It is going to be great and it is especially awesome that you are making the "investment" to do it spec. If you have a chance, I would love to get the weight on your genuine 45mm offset wheel Ultraleggeras. There is some debate whether they weigh less than the more common ET37 Ultraleggaras that you can get at a lower price. Do you have a hand scale? Many thanks if you can....

Reactions: SussexSpider

·
Registered
Still to arrive!
7 Posts
Beautiful wheels! It is going to be great and it is especially awesome that you are making the "investment" to do it spec. If you have a chance, I would love to get the weight on your genuine 45mm offset wheel Ultraleggeras. There is some debate whether they weigh less than the more common ET37 Ultraleggaras that you can get at a lower price. Do you have a hand scale? Many thanks if you can....
Hi Mikeydred, I will get hold of a set of hand scales from work next week and will weigh the wheels and come back to them on this thread👍

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
173 Posts
Hi Mikeydred, I will get hold of a set of hand scales from work next week and will weigh the wheels and come back to them on this thread👍
Many thanks.....

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had a Lotus Exige for 12 years and and really appreciated having a hard top in the winter, and a convertible top in the summer as like the 124 that car was my daily drive. Its just a shame that I couldn't find a 124GT around but other than the hardtop, wheels and badge (all of which I have now sorted) I don't think there were any other changes to the standard Abarth 124 apart from some options which the car I am getting already has.

Can't wait to get out driving in it and having a fun car again.
Hi Dave, can I be cheeky and ask where you acquired the hard-top from? Is it an official Abarth part and if so, did you pay full whack? 😅

Reactions: Mikeydred
4041 - 4060 of 4114 Posts