Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
4081 - 4100 of 4114 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
with the Wind chill this morning (-30C) I was not sure if the Spider would start. :unsure: Fired up (y)and I got out to brush off the snow, doors locked and FOB would not work:confused: Ok get other FOB(n) Sill no entry and I had an appointment. Resorted to manual key to gain entry. I noticed the key light was red but figured worth a drive or dig out S2000:unsure: My wife needed her BRZ so that was the only option. Made it to my appointment and all was well(y) in Five years that is the first time that has happened:)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yes, as said, great mod....the blue also looks great. Too bad that color is not available stateside. I replaced springs with US Eibachs as well and really like the snapier dynamics but still debating whether to go higher (Swifts next up the scale). To London's point about wheels, I agree that you may enjoy lighter rotating mass (ie alloys at 22lbs and the oem tires at about the same). I'm still waiting to wear my Bridgestones down a bit more but made a quick change to OZ wheels and saved about 6lbs per corner. I'm pretty sure I can feel the difference. Get about 1 mpg more as well. Nevertheless, your car and choices look great!

I remember watching a video of the first 124s coming off a ship to the US. Only about 3 were that color blue. It was here in extremely limited supply.

Reactions: Mikeydred

·
Registered
988 Posts
I really need to install my springs, I can’t decide if I should take the car to a shop or just do it myself.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I really need to install my springs, I can’t decide if I should take the car to a shop or just do it myself.
It was fairly easy. Started with the front around 10am....took a lunch break.
Finished the rear and back on the ground by about 3pm.
Honestly, the hardest part was jacking the car up and down. LOL...
You do need some spring compressors, though. I know you can rent them, but I just picked up a set at Harbor Freight for under $40.

·
Registered
2017 124 Spider Lusso
134 Posts
I started the brick up for its 3 week turnover to ensure oil stayed in the brick. It was minus 25 Celsius but it started. Record Monza sounds great

·
Registered
2017 Abarth spider
104 Posts
I really need to install my springs, I can’t decide if I should … just do it myself.
It was fairly easy. …
Honestly, the hardest part was jacking the car up and down. LOL...
You do need some spring compressors, though. …
Same experience. This was an easy job and you should try this your self. It’s really rewarding doing it yourself. I used the video from NGEN (Link here) as reference. All in al 3 hours but I lost a lot of time on the spring compressors. Mine didn’t really work well.
Glasses Wood Automotive tire Font Gas

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue with Heritage Pack
196 Posts
After parking my car (on a typical Inner South-West London street very similar to where it spends a lot of its time) I looked back and took this photo:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Building

I really adore this car. The 124 is such a special thing. :D

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Hi there azzura/Dave. I am in West Sussex near Wisborough Green, so some lovely driving roads in this area; are you in the south east too? Yep, luckily I have some storage space for the hardtop and the original wheels that will be relegated to winter wheels in the future. Thanks for the suggestion on Santtu's post and yep, I had been through that already.

I had a Lotus Exige for 12 years and and really appreciated having a hard top in the winter, and a convertible top in the summer as like the 124 that car was my daily drive. Its just a shame that I couldn't find a 124GT around but other than the hardtop, wheels and badge (all of which I have now sorted) I don't think there were any other changes to the standard Abarth 124 apart from some options which the car I am getting already has.

Can't wait to get out driving in it and having a fun car again.
How many of us here are former/current Elise/Exige owners? My other weekend car is an S2 Exige. Not the best photo of the two together but this will do:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

I also fitted the 124 GT wheels to mine and they look great. I would also like to get the hardtop but the hardtop is more difficult to source here in America. I plan to try sourcing one from the UK or Europe in the next few months.

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
173 Posts
Love it on the front. Unsure on the rear.....

Reactions: fb_Stork

·
Registered
438 Posts
How many of us here are former/current Elise/Exige owners? My other weekend car is an S2 Exige. Not the best photo of the two together but this will do:

View attachment 90288

I also fitted the 124 GT wheels to mine and they look great. I would also like to get the hardtop but the hardtop is more difficult to source here in America. I plan to try sourcing one from the UK or Europe in the next few months.
The Exige is really in a different class to the 124 and, well, pretty much anything to be honest!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

View attachment 90288

I'm about to be a DD 124 and special drive GTS 4.0 driver myself.

Sold the wrangler for a kings ransom

Reactions: Walshy6677

·
Registered
Still to arrive!
7 Posts
Today I realised I couldn't drive to work before I had defrosted my car! Far colder overnight than expected.

Also, I remembered to bring back some scales from work so this weekend I will weigh the OZ 124GT wheels as promised.

Attachments

4081 - 4100 of 4114 Posts