Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
4221 - 4240 of 4309 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Crikey! That's one serious prang. Glad to hear you were not too badly injured. Reminds me of an incident a while back when I T-boned a drunk who ran through a stop sign. I thought I was a goner but fortunately my little truck was new and it was equipped with an airbag. The impact disconnected the brake pedal from the master cylinder and I ended up in a field.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
1,328 Posts
Firstly, I’m glad you are OK, that was some crash. The new car and wheels look great though and looks like a great trip to Le Mans, something on my radar for next year, or maybe an F1 event, we’ll see.
So glad you are ok! These cars thankfully go out of their way to protect us. Was just curious why you didn’t strip the interior out of the last car to put into this one. After all you spent a lot of time getting the first one sorted with all the Alcantara. Maybe they don’t allow buying back the car after accident in Europe? Anyway main point is your ok, the car was replaced and you are back on the road with another beauty!

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
214 Posts
Switched out my Abarth silver HVAC dials with orange tabs to black with white tabs.
Car White Vehicle Light Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue
320 Posts
So glad you are ok! These cars thankfully go out of their way to protect us. Was just curious why you didn’t strip the interior out of the last car to put into this one. After all you spent a lot of time getting the first one sorted with all the Alcantara. Maybe they don’t allow buying back the car after accident in Europe? Anyway main point is your ok, the car was replaced and you are back on the road with another beauty!
Thanks for all the best wishes guys, much appreciated! :D

That's a great question! I'm not sure they do permit that, but it is something I'm investigating at the moment. Courtesy of our secondhand car market sky-rocketing in the UK, I was given £3K more for the car by the insurance company as a pay-out than when I bought the car! (That's definitely going towards a Turbocharger and Camshaft upgrade!) ;)

Reactions: mtnghost

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks for all the best wishes guys, much appreciated! :D

That's a great question! I'm not sure they do permit that, but it is something I'm investigating at the moment. Courtesy of our secondhand car market sky-rocketing in the UK, I was given £3K more for the car by the insurance company as a pay-out than when I bought the car! (That's definitely going towards a Turbocharger and Camshaft upgrade!) ;)
Just saw your crash pics. Wowza. Amazing you ‘only’ had a broken eye socket. That crash looked brutal.

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue
320 Posts
Just saw your crash pics. Wowza. Amazing you ‘only’ had a broken eye socket. That crash looked brutal.
I'm just as amazed!

Looked back towards the car today after having washed her earlier on. It must be said, it's not the fastest car out there, but boy, it is one with heaps and heaps of personality.

Long live the 124 Spider! :ROFLMAO:

(P.S. I need to remove my Le Mans stickers this week.)

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
It was a beautiful summer (well, almost) evening, one of the longest days of the year. I grill hamburgers and asparagus for dinner, and then my wife and I take the dogs for a walk. As we approach our home she says "would you mind taking a letter to the Post Office". Well, alrighty! Of course I took the long way home.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
1,053 Posts
Entered a car show at the Chemical Guys store in Prosper, TX. There is so much money in the north Dallas suburbs that McLarens, Ferrarris, Lambos, Cobras and the new mid-engine Vettes were in abundance. Wound up parked between a Mercedes AMG S65 v12 ($265,000.00) and a Magnum PI Ferrarri 308. In spite of the competition she held her own and drew a lot of admiring looks.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
482 Posts
Entered a car show at the Chemical Guys store in Prosper, TX. There is so much money in the north Dallas suburbs that McLarens, Ferrarris, Lambos, Cobras and the new mid-engine Vettes were in abundance. Wound up parked between a Mercedes AMG S65 v12 ($265,000.00) and a Magnum PI Ferrarri 308. In spite of the competition she held her own and drew a lot of admiring looks. View attachment 93486
oh wow. Never saw this show was going on. Didn't even know Chemical Guys had a store up there. If they have another show, please give me a heads up.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Entered a car show at the Chemical Guys store in Prosper, TX. There is so much money in the north Dallas suburbs that McLarens, Ferrarris, Lambos, Cobras and the new mid-engine Vettes were in abundance. Wound up parked between a Mercedes AMG S65 v12 ($265,000.00) and a Magnum PI Ferrarri 308. In spite of the competition she held her own and drew a lot of admiring looks. View attachment 93486
I’m not surprised the car held her own, looks stunning.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
1,053 Posts
oh wow. Never saw this show was going on. Didn't even know Chemical Guys had a store up there. If they have another show, please give me a heads up.
I find out about car shows through an app called ParkUpFront. The basic features are free, which is how I use it. You just enter your Zip code and it will list all the car shows in your area as well as your state. The Chemical Guys store is inside Detail Garage. Their address is 711 Industry Way, Unit 35, Prosper, TX

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Ran an errand this evening, and the red Classica or Lusso I saw going south on Woodward in Birmingham stands out more strongly in memory than the three Ford GT (from two generations) that I also saw. Not many cars this evening. Too hot or gas too expensive? Happily sipping.

4221 - 4240 of 4309 Posts