4301 - 4320 of 4347 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
791 Posts
Finally ordered my EC Race FMIC. Will get it installed (and hopefully also my nagging boost leak issues solved) next week. Got the last one EC had in stock at the moment so should have it in a couple of days. Now all I have left to do is the EC V4 intake, Alfa coils, and a bigger crosspipe. The it'll be on to the tune.

Reactions: mtnghost

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I have to admit, I have been a little sloppy, I only washed her twice this year, I will give her a wash this week, but don't blame me! She stays clean, can't wash her if she ain t dirty. LOL
She 's kept inside, only sees daylight when she goes out. But she got a cubby antenna, works ok so far cause I haven t gone out of the citty.
Also bought a new Battery, but due to DNA compatibility, she rejected and replaced with a new one. So far so good. Oh yes, she also got new front shoes this spring.
Total $850.00 can But I consider this cost as regular maintenance.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have to admit, I have been a little sloppy, I only washed her twice this year, I will give her a wash this week, but don't blame me! She stays clean, can't wash her if she ain t dirty. LOL
She 's kept inside, only sees daylight when she goes out. But she got a cubby antenna, works ok so far cause I haven t gone out of the citty.
Also bought a new Battery, but due to DNA compatibility, she rejected and replaced with a new one. So far so good. Oh yes, she also got new front shoes this spring.
Total $850.00 can But I consider this cost as regular maintenance.
Twice a year… shocking, I would say you need to profess this at your next confession, along with a couple of hail Mary’s!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Twice a year… shocking, I would say you need to profess this at your next confession, along with a couple of hail Mary’s!
Sorry, Hail Mary's and Our Father, last only a sentence or 2 and forget the Act of Contrition, LOL

Reactions: Walshy6677

·
Registered
162 Posts
Today, you ask? Took a drive on the new wheels and tires. For those that asked about how the car handles with the new lightweight wheels.... Under regular conditions I didn't notice much of a difference. Driving a bit harder, though, reveals a few things. Turn-in is definitely improved, though I attribute that to the tires themselves. Suspension feels a bit more compliant with a little less "upset" after bumps, but again, this can be the tires. I don't notice any difference in accelleration. Still, I like knowing that I saved about 7-8 lbs. a wheel! Pilot Super Sport Plus in stock size, OZ Alleggerita HLT's 37mm offset.

Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Car

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Photograph Tire

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
224 Posts
Today, you ask? Took a drive on the new wheels and tires. For those that asked about how the car handles with the new lightweight wheels.... Under regular conditions I didn't notice much of a difference. Driving a bit harder, though, reveals a few things. Turn-in is definitely improved, though I attribute that to the tires themselves. Suspension feels a bit more compliant with a little less "upset" after bumps, but again, this can be the tires. I don't notice any difference in accelleration. Still, I like knowing that I saved about 7-8 lbs. a wheel! Pilot Super Sport Plus in stock size, OZ Alleggerita HLT's 37mm offset.

View attachment 94446

View attachment 94447

View attachment 94448

View attachment 94449

View attachment 94450
Nice choice on the wheels. Looks great. Must admit that I felt a bit more in terms of general "quickness" when I shed the old wheels for lighter ones but, on the whole, I agree with your sentiments. I have yet to change out the heavy Bridhestone tires, however. From the wheel swap alone, I did also picked up roughly a 1.5 mpg increase in similar driving situations.

·
Registered
Fiat 124 Spider w/ Abarth LSD & RM
348 Posts
Even when you increase 5hp you don't notice nothing particular...

The only way i find to see the difference is by making a road pull with a similar car, before and after... by making the wheels lighter you will jump maybe one hood or more to the front.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I did myself my first oil change. Except for lawnmovers it's a new thing to me and I was a bit nervous at first but everything wen't fine except for a GFB DV+ bolt that drop down to the abyss 🤬 (tabar...!!!)
Thanks to XtremeRevolution how-to and top extrator it was quite easy. But next time I'll get adapter and hose kit to my compressor instead of manual pumping.

And for the DV+ bolt I just forgot use the towel trick. Fortunately a quick trip to Canadian Tire to get this --> OEMTOOLS® 3-in-1 Magnetic Claw Pick-Up Tool saves me from jacking up the car and remove the belly pan. Phew!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can replace the filter without removing the DV+, not easy at first but once you've worked out the nack it can avoid the added worry. It is, however, easier to remove than install due to the bell shape top of the filter housing. It also helps if you have smallish hands.

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
730 Posts
I can replace the filter without removing the DV+, not easy at first but once you've worked out the nack it can avoid the added worry. It is, however, easier to remove than install due to the bell shape top of the filter housing. It also helps if you have smallish hands.
True but I removed DV+ to lube the piston while I was working around the area. It was also the first time since I installed it 5 years ago.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
True but I removed DV+ to lube the piston while I was working around the area. It was also the first time since I installed it 5 years ago.
I did lub the piston of the DV+ last year, but plan to do next year. Oil change, the lid of the canister was not sitting well and thus not sucking oil well, but fix the problem and sucked all the oil out. Changing the oil filter was very clean, put some paper and rag, did change it when all oil was sucked out, put new filter, when cap was tight I gave a 1/8 turn on it and no oil leaking.

By the way Sylvain I did not catch that word 'TABAR..." loL

Reactions: wolf18t

·
Registered
730 Posts
By the way Sylvain I did not catch that word 'TABAR..." loL
...rouette? ...nouche? No let's say in end with the letter "K" loll

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
224 Posts
More chrome pieces via I. L. Motorsport in Germany:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover
Hood Automotive lighting Trunk Automotive tire Automotive mirror

Reactions: 2018 Fiat 124

·
Premium Member
2019 A124 Manual
170 Posts
Wheel Tire Plant Car Vehicle

I went for a lil drive early as usual this morning and there were not many other drivers out yet which is how I like it. Just gotta keep my eyes peeled for deer and 'bears'
Afterwards I gave her a nice bath which is nothing unusual but then I FINALLY put on my Officine Abarth floor mat emblems. I bought these from TMC in May of 2020! Now my passengers shoes will have a new target besides my doorsill
Sleeve Grey Gadget Rectangle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
828 Posts
View attachment 94745
I went for a lil drive early as usual this morning and there were not many other drivers out yet which is how I like it. Just gotta keep my eyes peeled for deer and 'bears'
Afterwards I gave her a nice bath which is nothing unusual but then I FINALLY put on my Officine Abarth floor mat emblems. I bought these from TMC in May of 2020! Now my passengers shoes will have a new target besides my doorsill View attachment 94746
I think white with white wheels is such a good look!

4301 - 4320 of 4347 Posts