Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is safe to say that FIAT has abandoned us as car owners with the FIAT 124 Spider. As I look toward long term ownership, I ask myself what kind of items might be good to get while I can get them. This also raises the question, what items would we as owners, like to see available from vendors? As enthusiasts, we need to support the vendors that support our cars. This post is not really about tunes and other track focused mods, most of us already know where to get those items. This is a post to start a discussion about what items we want available that might not be readily available now.

Full disclosure, I work for Auto Ricambi but this post is meant to be something of a discussion starter and not meant to be a commercial post. Any other vendor is welcome to chime in here if they wish, we can have a nice discussion about what items would serve our community best moving forward.

To prove this is not an AR commercial post, I will share a couple of items I recently got for my Spider from other vendors. I absolutely love the carbon fiber rear spoiler and the tow hook will be something AR is stocking now.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
2,887 Posts

· Registered
620 Posts
We're going to need salvaged items; headlights, seats, windshields, soft tops, etc.

Many may want items (like your examples) provided by vendors.

To date, I've found all I need is good mechanic to perform regular maintenance. Hell, I haven't even needed a new battery yet.

Reactions: Brett67

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Fewer “Hey look at me in my go anywhere, sitting up high so I can stare at my cellphone, SUV that’s really just a lifted hatchback which is fine because all I’m driving to is work and the store and the school to drop off and pick up my overindulged kids, also glued to a cellphone, because heavens if they actually had to walk a half mile because it’s too cold or too hot or too rainy, and since i bought a new house on what was a cornfield along a state highway along with with mini malls and Starbucks, the town gets stuck having to pay to put in traffic lights every quarter mile so I can just stop and go and stop and go behind these people in their hey look at me suv’s.”

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,237 Posts
Fewer “Hey look at me in my go anywhere, sitting up high so I can stare at my cellphone, SUV that’s really just a lifted hatchback which is fine because all I’m driving to is work and the store and the school to drop off and pick up my overindulged kids, also glued to a cellphone, because heavens if they actually had to walk a half mile because it’s too cold or too hot or too rainy, and since i bought a new house on what was a cornfield along a state highway along with with mini malls and Starbucks, the town gets stuck having to pay to put in traffic lights every quarter mile so I can just stop and go and stop and go behind these people in their hey look at me suv’s.”
Oh wow, I don’t think this is quite what @Brett67 meant! 🤣

· Registered
2,887 Posts
Which run into tiny little fun cars that their drivers didn’t see.

• Angry
Reactions: dhoffma

· Registered
717 Posts
I think it is safe to say that FIAT has abandoned us as car owners with the FIAT 124 Spider. As I look toward long term ownership, I ask myself what kind of items might be good to get while I can get them. This also raises the question, what items would we as owners, like to see available from vendors? As enthusiasts, we need to support the vendors that support our cars. This post is not really about tunes and other track focused mods, most of us already know where to get those items. This is a post to start a discussion about what items we want available that might not be readily available now.

Full disclosure, I work for Auto Ricambi but this post is meant to be something of a discussion starter and not meant to be a commercial post. Any other vendor is welcome to chime in here if they wish, we can have a nice discussion about what items would serve our community best moving forward.

To prove this is not an AR commercial post, I will share a couple of items I recently got for my Spider from other vendors. I absolutely love the carbon fiber rear spoiler and the tow hook will be something AR is stocking now.
View attachment 96731
View attachment 96733
View attachment 96732
I bought my carbon fiber rear spoiler from madness last year and still havent installed it haha....im worried that if I attach it and later want to remove it, that it would tear off the black matte stripe paint.
Looks like we both have the same chiaro silver/black matte heritage stripe combo.
How did you attach your spoiler...3M tape ??

· Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
472 Posts
  • Bumper covers
  • fenders
  • replica headlights
  • Replica taillights
  • trunk lids with no badge holes
  • rear duckbill spoiler (like aftermarket BMW style) that actually replaces the factory spoiler - not stuck on
  • Rear smoked and clear side markers that don’t just look like a line of bright LEDs
  • A more elegant boost gauge tap solution - maybe a replacement hose or some type of fitting that doesn’t require splicing a OEM line

Reactions: mtnghost

890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought my carbon fiber rear spoiler from madness last year and still havent installed it haha....im worried that if I attach it and later want to remove it, that it would tear off the black matte stripe paint.
Looks like we both have the same chiaro silver/black matte heritage stripe combo.
How did you attach your spoiler...3M tape ??
I used the tape that came with the spoiler and it went on super easy. The biggest thing is getting the position exact. I love the look though.

Reactions: BGcAnAdA

890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had mine since October and the only thing I'm think I really need soon is going to be good quality seat covers. I looked at 2 others with leather seats and they all had tears starting in the leather by the driver's door.
I wonder it Katskin will sell anything for the Spider? They make good products and have covers for the 500 Abarth.

890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
  • A more elegant boost gauge tap solution - maybe a replacement hose or some type of fitting that doesn’t require splicing a OEM line
I added a boost gauge years ago as one of my first mods. I went for the OE look and mounted in my vent hole. The vent still works and it looks great.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts