Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
Parts that are unique to the 124, which I think means body panels.

The Miata parts are probably safe and the engine was used on enough FCA vehicles that I think we're good.

Fiat 124 Spider to ND Miata Compatibility / Interchange Guide - Redline Auto Parts

Hood, Bumpers, Fenders, Doors, Sideskirts (rocker panels), Trunklid, Headlights, Taillights, Running Lights, Gas Lid, Third Brake Light, Quarter Panels are unique to the 124. Transmissions - close but no - I wonder if there is a way to easily adapt the NC Miata transmission to fit?

Without an aftermarket, 10-15 years from now I foresee a lot of these cars having Mazda logos in them :)

· Registered
688 Posts
I used the tape that came with the spoiler and it went on super easy. The biggest thing is getting the position exact. I love the look though.
Interesting in that Madness didnt provide any tape with mine. Im assuming yours had 3M tape provided ? Alignment is tricky i agree. Did you apply tape to all the inside edges of the spoiler that touch the trunk lid? Has the spoiler ever loosened from wind?
Sorry in the most canadian way for asking all these questions !

890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Interesting in that Madness didnt provide any tape with mine. Im assuming yours had 3M tape provided ? Alignment is tricky i agree. Did you apply tape to all the inside edges of the spoiler that touch the trunk lid? Has the spoiler ever loosened from wind?
Sorry in the most canadian way for asking all these questions !
Is your spoiler one made by Three-Hundred? That is mine.

· Registered
Abarth 124 Spider N° 1004
24 Posts
I added a boost gauge years ago as one of my first mods. I went for the OE look and mounted in my vent hole. The vent still works and it looks great.

How did you plug your red push start button ? I bought one too, it was in two parts, (with the red circle too) but I want to put it like how you did. Just the center ands leave the circle with the chrome one.

Did you just pop-up the original black push start button or you just stick it with 3M adhesive on the original one ?

· Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth - Hypnotic Red w/very large old man spilling out.
167 Posts
I would love to see some aero, like what 300 makes, but perhaps not carbon fiber. I just cannot afford that, but love the look of the aero. The 300 carbon products are divine, but spensive. I would also love to see some one state side make some billet oil filter housings. I do not think the vendor in Europe is up to make them again. Oh, also make them in RED!! LOL

I am digging that two hook, BTW!

For the interior, some after market OEM design pieces. Some of the packages came with red interior dash and door inserts. I could not find a 124 with everything I wanted...yes, I am greedy. I wanted ALL THE THINGS!! LOL

Not sure if this is even worth a vendor making them, but personally I would LOVE to get a GT hard top that didn't cost 1/3 of the price of my car!!! A fiberglass version would work, but not a super thin design. I know, I am dreaming...LOL

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,214 Posts
Auto Ricambi sells stuff, they don’t make stuff. Common guys they are not Santa Claus. 🤣
The point of the post as I understand it is, what factory stuff should they stock up on in case we need to get our beloved back on the road. They also provide us with great aftermarket products, but I don’t think they are in the position to create products for such a niche car beyond what they have already done. Now @Brett67 can correct me if I am wrong, but I think I understood this correctly.

· Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth - Hypnotic Red w/very large old man spilling out.
167 Posts
Auto Ricambi sells stuff, they don’t make stuff. Common guys they are not Santa Claus. 🤣
The point of the post as I understand it is, what factory stuff should they stock up on in case we need to get our beloved back on the road. They also provide us with great aftermarket products, but I don’t think they are in the position to create products for such a niche car beyond what they have already done. Now @Brett67 can correct me if I am wrong, but I think I understood this correctly.
A boy can dream, can't he?!?! Besides, he did say it was an open discussion and any vendor can join and chat...so, I threw my options out there. And most of what I dream/desire is sorta OEM...IE offered by Fiat at some time, but maybe nicer. I guess I will just go back out in the garage and buff my headlights.... 😜

Edit...Oh, I just thought of one last thing that I believe several peeps here would like to have.

Full Sequential LED Tail lights!!

Eye Carnivore Felidae Whiskers Small to medium-sized cats

· Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
2,214 Posts
a boy can dream, can't he?!?!

I get that...and most of what I dream/desire is sorta OEM...IE offered by Fiat at some time, but maybe nicer. I guess I will just go back out in the garage and buff my headlights.... 😜
Hey I totally get that, I myself want to change out all the chrome bits on the inside with carbon fiber inserts, add alcantara to the dash, center armrest and surround (thanks @LondonAbarth124 ) and door trims, and have vented carbon fiber hood and carbon trunk made for the car. Btw there is a company that makes a very lightweight hard top for the 124 in both carbon and FRP. They also add insulation for a cost.

890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
How did you plug your red push start button ? I bought one too, it was in two parts, (with the red circle too) but I want to put it like how you did. Just the center ands leave the circle with the chrome one.

Did you just pop-up the original black push start button or you just stick it with 3M adhesive on the original one ?
The OE button pops right out. Use the 3M tape and just put it on top taking care to get centered. If it drags on the edges, it can cause the car to shut off when you don't want it to.

• Helpful
Reactions: Uriette

890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Now that I know you have the three-hundred spoiler @Brett67 . May I ask how you like it? In your opinion, is it at all functional or just pure DRIP?
I absolutely love it! The fit and finish is perfect, for the price, it should be :) Functional? who knows.

· Registered
688 Posts
Yikes....I just checked the prices of 300 carbon fiber and holy carbon fiber !
As an example I paid a third the cost of what 300 charges for a pair of carbon fiber taillight covers and the products look the same.
And 300 asking $ 304 for a pair of carbon fiber surrounds for the hood and trunk badges ?! Crazy pricing.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Yikes....I just checked the prices of 300 carbon fiber and holy carbon fiber !
As an example I paid a third the cost of what 300 charges for a pair of carbon fiber taillight covers and the products look the same.
And 300 asking $ 304 for a pair of carbon fiber surrounds for the hood and trunk badges ?! Crazy pricing.
They’re not cheap lol, I’d gladly take a set of composite versions that I could paint myself.

· Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2,656 Posts
Had mine since October and the only thing I'm think I really need soon is going to be good quality seat covers. I looked at 2 others with leather seats and they all had tears starting in the leather by the driver's door.
Katzkin makes replacement leather upholstery for 124 Spider/MX-5. You can order them with/without headrest speakers, in any color combination, with any special stitching and embroidering you want. So I think we are covered on that front for awhile.

I have Katzkin leather in my 2018 Jeep Wrangler. I find the leather quality to be above than what we get from the factory.

· Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
2,656 Posts
I wish I could gut out the Mazda infotainment system and replace it with an easy-to-use, stable, up-to-date unit, that doesn’t require a combined degree in electronics engineering and computer science to get it done.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts