Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing an after market exhaust/muffler delete, what have you all done with the stock exhaust parts? I just installed GoodWin's System One, so now I have a center pipe and muffler with onky 20k miles on them. Seems a waste to scrap them, and they're a bit bulky for me to store (and eventually throw away).

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
After installing an after market exhaust/muffler delete, what have you all done with the stock exhaust parts? I just installed GoodWin's System One, so now I have a center pipe and muffler with onky 20k miles on them. Seems a waste to scrap them, and they're a bit bulky for me to store (and eventually throw away).
That's where mine ended. I gave it to an employee and he sold it at the scrap yard

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
How much he sell it for?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I've got mine in my garage but I have stock parts piling up from my Jeep and Fiat and so I have to do something as well. I plan on going back to the stock catalytic converter at some point but I doubt I ever go back to stock exhaust.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I purged all my stock parts in an admission of becoming a pack rat from two cars with things I would never use again but kept "just in case".

The only thing I have left are the stock Abarth wheels if anyone wants to buy those to make them go away.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I purged all my stock parts in an admission of becoming a pack rat from two cars with things I would never use again but kept "just in case".

The only thing I have left are the stock Abarth wheels if anyone wants to buy those to make them go away.
I'm about to do the same. Either I get transferred to DC and have to get rid of everything because I know I won't get a garage this big again or I get to stay and reorganize garage into a proper work space. Either way, lots of things need to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Decoration? I plan to have a race/car themed bar in the basement, that's where mine will go.
Mine is currently a decoration also, but the wife is not convinced. Hmmm...maybe it can be fitted to the lawn tractor...

·
Registered
46 Posts

What shape are they in? What do you want for them? Have a Lusso

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I plan to do all my work at @Chainringtattoo's place form now out and just leave my left over parts there.

If he really does move to DC, the new owner of his house is going to be pissed with me :)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I plan to do all my work at @Chainringtattoo's place form now out and just leave my left over parts there.

If he really does move to DC, the new owner of his house is going to be pissed with me :)
To hell with the new owner. I'm going to be pissed with you. Wait until you see how many parts are in there right now.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso / 2019 Mazda CX-5
11 Posts
I am getting my System One installed on my Lusso on Friday. I’ll put my stock exhaust up for sale. I have the room to store it and you’d be surprised at the stock items that people want. I had my stock wheels up for sale for over six months, finally got the right offer from someone local to me and I sold them. I’ll store the exhaust and hope for the same thing down the road.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am getting my System One installed on my Lusso on Friday. I’ll put my stock exhaust up for sale. I have the room to store it and you’d be surprised at the stock items that people want. I had my stock wheels up for sale for over six months, finally got the right offer from someone local to me and I sold them. I’ll store the exhaust and hope for the same thing down the road.
My System One arrived yesterday. It's sitting it boxed up in my living room. Getting it installed tomorrow as well. Super excited :)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I like to keep my eom parts, just in case,

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I like to keep my eom parts, just in case,
I do too. The problem is one day soon I’m going to realize I have an entire car’s worth of OEM parts in the garage.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Problem solved.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I picked up my car with the System One installed. After pacing around the stock exhaust for a minute or two with the technician I decided to let him dispose of it as he sees fit. I just don't have the space for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts