Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the pleasure of working with a company that wants to really serve the FIAT Spider community. Auto Ricambi specializes in classic and new Spiders exclusively. Our team is constantly working on new products, some make it to the store and some do not based on what we feel is a good value and quality product for the car.

Our product development list is long and we have much on our plate but I would love to hear from you guys what is something we need that may not be available. What do you want for your Spider, let us know please. I look forward to hearing some ideas and discussing thoughts on various products.
Thanks

Reactions: Mike34

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey Brett..this is Not Sure down the

I have the pleasure of working with a company that wants to really serve the FIAT Spider community. Auto Ricambi specializes in classic and new Spiders exclusively. Our team is constantly working on new products, some make it to the store and some do not based on what we feel is a good value and quality product for the car.

Our product development list is long and we have much on our plate but I would love to hear from you guys what is something we need that may not be available. What do you want for your Spider, let us know please. I look forward to hearing some ideas and discussing thoughts on various products.
Thanks
Road in Austin, Tx. Theses are two things I would like to see.
A very simple plug and play module for globally opening windows. You know, living here in Texas, or New Mexico, Arizona, etc...there are times we would like to open the windows before we get into the car to allow the heat out. I saw someone on the forum did one for a Mazda, but it looked too complicated for me to tackle. Here is the link:

And here is the link for the schematics:

https://mx5things.com/projects/automatic-roll-up-windows/

The second thing I would like to see is a simple plug and play pulsating extra brake light located where the reflector is located between the two back up lights. You can't replace the third brake light with a pulsating light because that is against Federal laws, but a forth pulsating light located where the reflector is would be legal.

Thats it. Thanks. Bill
:)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Fiat 124 Spider / Abarth 124 door sills ?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Another suggestion... Engine cover that fits with upgraded coils

·
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some great ideas here, some we are already working on some that are good ideas. Thanks for sharing, keep it coming.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Gauge pods.

Reactions: sab9999 and Mike34

·
Registered
2,359 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
1. Abarth wheel badge!!!
2. Carbon Fiber (CF) parts
- Abarth rear difuser that is more aggressive but still very tasteful. Overlay on current for easy install
- CF sleek, tasteful splash guards
- CF side areo parts that go over the black plastic and extend further (under doors)
- CF lower "lid" covers on heads lights, covers the black plastic
- CF front that goes over the current and maintains the lower lip location and design overall, but extends in the corners with a more aggressive lip. Not a splitter that will get destroyed
- CF extractors for Abarth that are actually functional
- CF frame for Abarth emblems on hood and trunk
- CF rear trunk spoiler like the Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio
- CF engine cover made to work with upgraded coils and an Abarth logo

All of these should look as if designed by Fiat/Abarth being tasteful and factory while being unique, functional, durable, and not "ricer". Taking the Alfa and Ferrari approach.

3. New front grill with recessed round driving lights to embrace the rally heritage and blast light on those dark mountain roads.

Reactions: pikeman and Seagas

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
v4 intake. oh wait. that already exists. how about v4 intake for 199.99 so it's under my spend without permission limit? ;-)

android auto or link so i can use the display for phone nav

Reactions: Kosmo and Mike34

·
Super Moderator
1,301 Posts
Add me to this!

Fiat 124 Spider / Abarth 124 door sills ?
The plastic used in the surfaces touched by the driver mark if you look at them!
This is way overdue, the ND guys had them almost right away.
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lotsa good suggestions above – especially the sill covers

I will add my (must have) list

Tasteful Abarth engine cover – much like the Scorpione, but real CF would be nice,

200 cell downpipe / cat. It would especially nice with compatible high flow cross pipe (yes – I realise that GR have one, but prefer from one source). Sorta waiting on this before I commit on an exhaust system and related tuning mods.

Oh – reasonable shipping rates to Australia would be nice. Its always a bit of lottery it seems

·
Registered
479 Posts
Second yes for gauge pods
my suggestion would be a-pillar pods, there is really no other place for them to be placed in the interior without them really looking like an afterthought. also possibly the gauges which match the factory gauges in color and style?

·
Registered
159 Posts
How about a nice Italian air horn? One of those polite one's that I imagine are under the hoods of all those beautiful red sports cars. I'm sure there are a lot of current kits on the market that will fit, but if it had a switch that could fit in the cluster with the ESP and Blind Spot Monitoring buttons I think it would be a winner!

Edit: Or trumpets that are plug and play replacements for the stock horn?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Two ideas-

#1- a replacement bracket for the shoulder location guide of the seat belt systems, to move the belt path outward a bit more, to get the darn belt off my neck and into the cavity between my collarbone and my shoulder, where it's supposed to be. (And I'm 6' tall, too.) The current belt guide has one pathway, a new bracket with two user-choice pathways would be dandy!

#2- an adapter to replace the drop-in oil filter cartridge with a spin-on oil filter, preferably located in an easy-to-access/service location.

Steve.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts