Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Lusso this weekend (!!!) - loving it so far (despite the unfortunate rainy weather here).

Inside the armrest compartment, I found this black plastic piece, and I can't seem to figure out where it's intended to go - it seems like a cover of some sort. Tried Googling around for the part # (NA4L-50A11, I think) but didn't find anything.

Anyone know what this piece is for?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
That looks like the cover for where the tow hook attaches to the front of the car, but that looks like it's for an Abarth not a Lusso.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Front tie down cap on grill...

Just picked up a Lusso this weekend (!!!) - loving it so far (despite the unfortunate rainy weather here).

Inside the armrest compartment, I found this black plastic piece, and I can't seem to figure out where it's intended to go - it seems like a cover of some sort. Tried Googling around for the part # (NA4L-50A11, I think) but didn't find anything.

Anyone know what this piece is for?
Aero, that is the front grill cap that is placed over the front tie down when it is shipped. It goes on the drivers side, pretty close to the headlight. If they already have another one snapped in, then that is a spare for you. States that require front plates, the guys are buying Platypus front plate holders that screw into that front tie down.
Cyberbill, Austin.

·
Registered
958 Posts
That looks like the cover for where the tow hook attaches to the front of the car, and it looks like it's for a Classica or a Lusso.
fify

Reactions: 5961

·
Registered
167 Posts
I actually meant what I typed, I did not have a chance to go out and check the car, but I thought only the Abarth's had the round part.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Same here...recently picked up a new 2020 Lusso and found that piece in the glove box. I've had the Spider for a few weeks and didn't even notice the black front grill was missing this piece! Just put it in! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
I actually meant what I typed, I did not have a chance to go out and check the car, but I thought only the Abarth's had the round part.
All three models have a hole in the front of the grill in which a large eye bolt screws in for towing (or tie down during shipment of the vehicles). On the Abarth model, the cap is a nearly round piece (sort of oblong when you look at it). For the Lusso and Classica, it's shaped like the one shown in the photos at the top of this thread. If you search here on the forum, you'll find that people have also gotten inserts that fit into it showing "124". The cap for the Abarth does not fit on the Lusso or Classica, and the cap for those models do not fit on the Abarth.

Related aside: if you check the tire repair kit in the trunk, that's normally where they squirrel away the large eye hook I menionted. While at the back of the vehicle, you'll also spot another round cap that covers the rear eye bolt hole location, but it's a very smooth fit compared to the front one.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
My car was delivered with the tow eyes loose in the trunk. I'm going to wrap them up in an old T-shirt and store them in one of the behind-seat cubbies.

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
That is exactly what I did! I moved not only the tow hooks but also the tire kit out of the trunk into the cubby behind the passenger's seat.
I honestly didn't think it would fit there, but now that you've confirmed it will, I think I'll do the same. Liklihood of me ever using the kit is slim to nill, so no point in taking up valuable trunk real estate when it can be stowed elsewhere. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts