Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I like it! The silver/chrome effect grille surround also mirrors the full chrome surround that the original 124 Spiders came with - although earlier cars did not have the surround at the top (bottom edge of bonnet/hood)

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
An intercooler upgrade adds a bit of flare.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
@sharkcohen, you need to get rid of that horn blocking the view.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
This is another example of how people see and appreciate things differently. Not right or wrong, merely differently. For me, I can't "unsee" that big block of aluminum intercooler when I look at the front of my vehicle, which given that it's entirely black, sticks out like a sore thumb. To me it's less intrusive on a white vehicle.. Anyway, where I was going with this is that if and when Zunsport has their Abarth version of the grill cover in production, my plan will be to change it from silver to black as soon as I lay hands on it. Then I'm back to an "all black" (no pun intended if there are any New Zealand folks on here) with red trim bits appearance.

The challenge now is with the end of sales of the Abarth version in the UK, if Zunsport will continue consideration of producing a grill cover for that model. Fingers crossed...

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
This is another example of how people see and appreciate things differently. Not right or wrong, merely differently. For me, I can't "unsee" that big block of aluminum intercooler when I look at the front of my vehicle, which given that it's entirely black, sticks out like a sore thumb. To me it's less intrusive on a white vehicle.. Anyway, where I was going with this is that if and when Zunsport has their Abarth version of the grill cover in production, my plan will be to change it from silver to black as soon as I lay hands on it. Then I'm back to an "all black" (no pun intended if there are any New Zealand folks on here) with red trim bits appearance.

The challenge now is with the end of sales of the Abarth version in the UK, if Zunsport will continue consideration of producing a grill cover for that model. Fingers crossed...
You could paint the intercooler black.

Reactions: Cannoli

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Reactions: Chainringtattoo

·
Registered
4,305 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Red/Black Lusso
94 Posts
Hey guys, sorry i really don’t mean to intrude in this thread but i feel like someone could help me out with a question before i go off spending some dumb money on a new bumper. so, i have a 2017 lusso, and I’m looking into getting a 2017 abarth bumper, as you all know it’s totally different and I’m digging that look better.. only problem is.. the abarth bumper Im buying is coming without the lower and top grille, (so it’s JUST the bumper)... now my question is.. would i be able to use my lusso grilles and add those to the abarth bumper ? Sorry if it’s confusing, but any advice would really help, I’m a total noob at this, thanks in advance

·
Registered
2018 Fiat 124 Spider
174 Posts
Brian,

I think that's a great look. If you figure it out I'd be on board for it. What of the tow hook and the 124 emblem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the factory grille design is ok and suits the grille opening area, but do agree it's missing ‘something’. Especially for black cars where there is virtually no contrast between the body and grilles.

This is what I did to my upper grille. Silver pinstripe and quick polish to the front vein edges. Subtle but makes a noticeable difference in terms of creating some depth & contrast whilst still in keeping with original design and other silver gloss detailing on the Lusso.

I like the Zunsport grilles on some cars and will be interesting to see for the 124 in due course. My reservations would be if it loses the hex detailing, which I think goes hand in hand with the 124 design, whilst I fear a large expanse of bright mesh grille, top and bottom, may look a bit too much for the 124. But we'll see. As always though beauty is in the eye of the beholder but for now at least I'm happy with my efforts especially as it only cost me £4.

View attachment 73414

View attachment 73415
This looks amazing. I’m going to do the same to my Lusso. May I ask how wide the pinstripe is that you used? It looks great. Also, where did you polish? Thx!!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I have toyed with the idea of doing Fiat124 grille like we offer for ND with the lights.

Local buddy and customer did his own:
The lights in the grille look better on the Spider. Do they affect cooling?

·
Registered
40 Posts
This looks amazing. I’m going to do the same to my Lusso. May I ask how wide the pinstripe is that you used? It looks great. Also, where did you polish? Thx!!
Thanks. The tape was 10mm with gloss finish, but you cold possibly go a little narrower if you wanted. You need to do this job on a hot day so the tape will stretch and bend more easily around the curves. Even then, for an amateur like me it took ages to get it spot on all the way round. Also make sure the all the surfaces are completely clean and degreased before applying the tape. As for the polishing, it is literally just the front edges of all the veins, but the effect of doing this is far less noticeable than the silver detailing. Hope this helps and good luck with it all.

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 6MT Modded To The Moon
279 Posts
Hey guys, sorry i really don’t mean to intrude in this thread but i feel like someone could help me out with a question before i go off spending some dumb money on a new bumper. so, i have a 2017 lusso, and I’m looking into getting a 2017 abarth bumper, as you all know it’s totally different and I’m digging that look better.. only problem is.. the abarth bumper Im buying is coming without the lower and top grille, (so it’s JUST the bumper)... now my question is.. would i be able to use my lusso grilles and add those to the abarth bumper ? Sorry if it’s confusing, but any advice would really help, I’m a total noob at this, thanks in advance View attachment 80300 View attachment 80301
Buy an abarth >

21 - 40 of 41 Posts