• I hate the tire

• I hate everything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm looking at getting some Rotiform LAS-R wheels, 17x8 +40, with some General G-Max RS 215/45R 17. They come in black or silver, and I can't decide on which color to get for my red Abarth. Any suggestions on which color would look best?

Black is easiest to get, but I'm sure I could find silver somewhere. Link to the current build:

·
Super Moderator
1,483 Posts
I wouldn’t challenge your choice. It’s your money and taste in wheels is very subjective.
But, how much do they weigh? I didn’t see that on the specs. For the kind if money they want, these ought to be light.
Best regards,
Pete

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But, how much do they weigh?
They are incredibly heavy, 26 lbs. Might not be the best idea adding additional unsprung weight.

The Bronze Konig Dekagrams are in contention as well, I just love the look of the Rotiforms.

·
Registered
Abarth
193 Posts
I think the Abarth is one of the few cars that looks best with black wheels over silver.

·
Registered
776 Posts
It’s so subjective, but black or dark grey on red looks awesome imo. I think the factory wheels are pretty heavy, I wouldn’t be adding to that I’m afraid. I’m with @pikeman on the bronze Konigs, I have a set of Enkei's on mine which are cool, there is a thread on here about wheels, showing loads of different options. Post an image when you eventually decide!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the factory wheels are pretty heavy, I wouldn’t be adding to that I’m afraid.
Honestly I didn't even look at the weight when I was deciding, I just loved the look. Good point about not adding to that. I do love the look of your Enkeis!

It's going to take you a week to clean them.
and they collect dust that sticks like $hit to a blanket.
Never thought about cleaning them either, I'd rather not have to worry about getting them dirty every time I drive. I'm already anal enough about washing the car!

Seems like I'll be going with the Dekagrams!

Reactions: Walshy6677

·
Premium Member
2020 Fiat 124 Abarth, manual, Chiaro Silver, visability, navigation, convenience packages, brembos
214 Posts
You have a lot of weight you can save and with that kind of reduction, you will begin to feel the difference....

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome, my colonial friend, from across the pond. The car joins a long and distinguished list, but I think it will hold up just fine, mine follows an TR6, Aston, and Porsche and it holds up great, I don’t really miss any of them (well, the `Porsche at times), but these little guys are great cars, to ‘modify/ upgrade’ and to drive!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome, my colonial friend, from across the pond. The car joins a long and distinguished list, but I think it will hold up just fine, mine follows an TR6, Aston, and Porsche and it holds up great, I don’t really miss any of them (well, the `Porsche at times), but these little guys are great cars, to ‘modify/ upgrade’ and to drive!
Was this meant for another thread...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts