Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in a fruitless search for replacement rims for my red 2017 Lusso. Some vendors don't even list any Fiat as a car they sell wheels for.

The configuration I have been using as a search filter is: 17x7, 4x100, ET38 to 45. I am running 215/17 tires now and want to keep them. Can this size tire run on 7.5" or 8" width wheels?

At any rate- what other cars fit that configuration? I assume Miatas... what else, and what model year? I need to broaden my search parameters...

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
281 Posts
2016+ Miata probably also a Ford Focus ST - but offset could be different.

Honestly, just look for Miata wheels as they are identical fitment to our cars. The offset (how far in/out the wheels are pushed) are the same so you can be confident that a picture of them on a Miata looks the same (fitment) on your car.

Reactions: pikeman

·
Registered
223 Posts
Aftermarket wheels made for the Mini Cooper R series are a good option

Reactions: pikeman

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Hi.....Am awaiting my new "Bespoke" Billet alloys from "Image Wheels UK".......10-12 week wait, prices online, reviews good and post to the US £330.....P & P . Cheers
ron

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 124 ABARTH
790 Posts
As long as you don't have Brembo brakes, searching for Mazda Miata wheels is a good bet. You can run 7 to 8.5 inch wide rims with no issue at all as long as the offset is 38 or greater. There are members on the forum that are running as wide as a 10 inches but that is with custom rims and/or spacers and/or rolling and pulling the fenders which it doesn't sound like you want to do.

If you have Brembo brakes your options are much more limited due to the size of the calipers and you should look for Spider specific wheels. You can also look for wheels that fit the ND Miata Club, which comes with Brembo brakess as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi.....Am awaiting my new "Bespoke" Billet alloys from "Image Wheels UK".......10-12 week wait, prices online, reviews good and post to the US £330.....P & P . Cheers
ron
Lovely for you, but at this point I am not willing to shell out that kind of money for wheels, no matter how nice ( BTW, they have a great website).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As long as you don't have Brembo brakes, searching for Mazda Miata wheels is a good bet. You can run 7 to 8.5 inch wide rims with no issue at all as long as the offset is 38 or greater. There are members on the forum that are running as wide as a 10 inches but that is with custom rims and/or spacers and/or rolling and pulling the fenders which it doesn't sound like you want to do.

If you have Brembo brakes your options are much more limited due to the size of the calipers and you should look for Spider specific wheels. You can also look for wheels that fit the ND Miata Club, which comes with Brembo brakess as well.
No Brembos, standard brakes. I wonder if my 215/17 tires will fit on an 8 or 8.5" wide wheel?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
172 Posts
No Brembos, standard brakes. I wonder if my 215/17 tires will fit on an 8 or 8.5" wide wheel?
Your 215 tires are recommended for 7" to 8" rims. You can find that info on any major on-line tire website. I run my 225/45-17 s on 8" Konig rims from Goodwin Racing. Car is lowered about 1", does not have spacers and I have no fender clearance problem.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
got these from a miata guy, on my way home I had one fall off cuse I didn't properly tighten things down. Goodwin racing web site has them 17x8 koings

·
Super Moderator
1,270 Posts
Wait a minute here. You can find out what fits what in a New York minute!
So go look it up!
Best regards
Pete

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
284 Posts
Not sure what the issue is as long as it fits a Miata or a Honda it should fit your car. Just look up size x width in a 4x100 bolt pattern! Nothing else really matters unless you go too negative in offset but with the selection we have that’s unlikely. I will make it stupid easy just go to Goodwin racing as others have suggested they literally carry every wheel that would ever fit the spider only exception is the wheels flyin Miata exclusively carry.

·
Registered
672 Posts
There are tire size calculators on Google play fo those who have Android devices.

This is the one I use:

It's pretty simple and easy to use. You put in the info for the stock setup, (wheel size and offset, tire size) and the info for the setup you are considering. It gives you a drawing with the original and new setup superimposed on each other, and does the math for all the differences and gives you a comparison.

Helped me a lot when I was trying to figure out if the setup I wanted would work. There are quite a few other apps that do the same thing, but this is the one that I use and I am happy with it. I would guess there are similar apps for the iPhone.

Reactions: Gerarddm

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been in a fruitless search for replacement rims for my red 2017 Lusso. Some vendors don't even list any Fiat as a car they sell wheels for.

The configuration I have been using as a search filter is: 17x7, 4x100, ET38 to 45. I am running 215/17 tires now and want to keep them. Can this size tire run on 7.5" or 8" width wheels?

At any rate- what other cars fit that configuration? I assume Miatas... what else, and what model year? I need to broaden my search parameters...
I own a 2018 Fiat 124 (Abarth Edition) and I have a full set of Abarth wheels if your interested? The two front wheels have two very small curb rash marks that could easily be fixed and the two rears are in mint condition.

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's the same fitment as the 2016+ Mazda MX-5. You'll find more confirmed fitment options by browsing their forum.

Reactions: Gerarddm

·
Registered
868 Posts
Go to Tirerack.com. Many choices and you can see how they look on your car on their website. A no brainer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Go to Tirerack.com. Many choices and you can see how they look on your car on their website. A no brainer.
Yes, did that some time ago, they have nothing I want.

BTW, I have a question about hub bores. The standard hub bore for the Spider is 54.1 mm; but the Rota RBs I want have a hub bore of 56.1. I have seen pics of Rota RBs on Spiders, how is the difference in hub bore size reconciled?

·
Registered
446 Posts
It's just 2 mm. You can get 2 mm hubcentric rings, but their only use is to center the wheel on the hub when installing the lug nuts. But once the wheels are properly installed, they are centered anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts