Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.. My car has currently done 6500 miles and yesterday the little spanner light became lit. My Fiat dealer said it required its first service... I actually thought it was 9000 and so considered it a tad early to do this but was assured it would warn me early and was in my best interest to get it serviced as soon as I could. Not being one to be told what to do :) i looked at the maintenance bit on my screen to find the spanner indicator lit near to ' Wheel rotation' ??? I have never in all my driving years done this to a car my Grandad used to do it years ago as far as I can remember. So should i get it done or not?? advice please?? is it going to benefit the car at all? Thank you

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Since i would be putting 6-9k km, and not use it in winter, I would rotate them at end of season. That way you wear them out even. And when your tire are finished, you buy 4 of them. Cause if you leave them on as is, I think the front will wear out faster than the rear. Then you have to buy 2, but sometimes those tires could be discontinue and you have to find a match to those tires.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Definitely have it done. 6500 miles is about appropriate for that service. Some tire shops like Discount Tire will do it for free, regardless of where you bought your tires.
By all means, have it done. I had mine done at 10K miles and there was quite a difference in wear between front and rear tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all... hope you are all having great driving weather... sadly its rainy here in the UK.... hopefully a bit of sun at the weekend

·
Registered
574 Posts
It's really all about the different wear levels you're seeing. Everyones tires are going to wear differently, but at the end of the day, ensuring an even wear is how you would make the most out of these tires and keep you good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts