Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wonderful wife just ordered new wheels and tires for my birthday. I could not believe it. She knew I had been looking because she walks behind me while I am on my laptop and wonders what I am looking at from time to time. She has seen me visit Good-Win Racing, EuroCompulsion, 500Madness and TireRack on numerous occasions. Finally, a few days ago, she asked me for my id and password for TireRack. She then asked if the "saved items" were what I wanted. Today, she logged on and placed the order. I should have them on the 24th.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
676 Posts
My wonderful wife just ordered new wheels and tires for my birthday. I could not believe it. She knew I had been looking because she walks behind me while I am on my laptop and wonders what I am looking at from time to time. She has seen me visit Good-Win Racing, EuroCompulsion, 500Madness and TireRack on numerous occasions. Finally, a few days ago, she asked me for my id and password for TireRack. She then asked if the "saved items" were what I wanted. Today, she logged on and placed the order. I should have them on the 24th.
Gotta love that woman...you will enjoy that setup...I know...>:)

·
Banned
112 Posts
Good tire choice. Just out of curiosity,what will you do with your current wheels and tires?

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good tire choice. Just out of curiosity,what will you do with your current wheels and tires?
I am thinking of offering them on the forum to someone who wants to upgrade their Classica.

·
Registered
165 Posts
. She knew I had been looking because she walks behind me while I am on my laptop and wonders what I am looking at from time to time. She has seen me visit Good-Win Racing, EuroCompulsion, 500Madness and TireRack on numerous occasions.
Now that is what I would call transparency.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
479 Posts
John, what a nice gift, what a wonderful wife!! ....happy birthday ....I am sure that it is just the picture, but hoping that they are the 4-lug versions.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
John, what a nice gift, what a wonderful wife!! ....happy birthday ....I am sure that it is just the picture, but hoping that they are the 4-lug versions.
They are supposed to be delivered this evening. I sure hope they are too. I guess that should be the first thing to check.

They just got here. 4X100 I'll put them on tomorrow, just in time for the snow.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are supposed to be delivered this evening. I sure hope they are too. I guess that should be the first thing to check.

They just got here. 4X100 I'll put them on tomorrow, just in time for the snow.
It warmed up enough to put them on this morning. Here are some pictures: before, during & after.

(If you are going to replace your wheels, you should probably purchase a 21mm deep socket. That's what I had to do this morning.)

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that I have my new wheels and tires installed and am happy with them, my 17" stock wheels and tires are for sale. The wheels are unblemished, as are the tires. They have 10,056 miles on them and show a minimum tread depth of 5.4 mm.

If you are interested send me a pm with an offer, excluding freight. Once we have a deal, I will ship them however you wish, at your cost.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
John ...could you tell us your jacking points on the car? ....seems to be some wondering on another thread that I have been reading. ....plus I need to find my jack!!! NOT!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are these the Advanti Storm S1 7x17 with Michelin PilotSuperSport 205/45-17?
My last photo posted was of the four stock wheels and tires that I removed. I'm sorry, but I don't get the joke about the SUV. Please explain.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John ...could you tell us your jacking points on the car? ....seems to be some wondering on another thread that I have been reading. ....plus I need to find my jack!!! NOT!
Steve,

The service manual does not give them. That information is a "Work in Progress."

I looked for what I thought would be appropriate locations. I tested the locations by tapping on them to assure myself that they were solid. The positions I used were approximately 16" in from the outside of the rocker, and 17" back from the wheel well, on the front; and 12" in from the rocker and 12" in front of the wheel well for the rear. They worked fine. Nothing was deformed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts