Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had classic MG's, Triumps, and such and later a few Miatas. I had heard about the 124 but wasn't really pursuing one and had never seen one live. I happened to see one in the parking lot of one of our golf courses. It was white with tan interior. I was really impressed. At the time I had an ND. When we downsized to a condo, the ND got sacrificed for an Audi A3 because there was no place to keep the Miata covered. I missed it greatly. After a few months a carport on the property came available. l bought the rights to a space and started looking for another Miata or Fiat 124.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was shopping for a small convertible or roadster. I looked at the MX-5 Miata, and looked at the 500 convertible on the Fiat website. Then I saw the 124 and thought, "Wow!" Then I researched and found out it was a joint venture with Mazda and the bell went "Ding ding ding!"

Reactions: rexracerx9

·
Registered
6 Posts
When was your first time? When did you first learn about the 124? Before or after its official introduction? How did you learn about it? Media, forums, social media?

The 124 was never on my radar. I read just about every car magazine and I don't recall much about the 124. I was a late comer to the 124 band wagon. My first exposure and test drive was by accident. It was about a year ago. I was shopping at a Maserati-Alfa-Fiat dealer with a friend for a Alfa. While there I noticed a 124 convertible sitting in the back of the lot with a sign that said $6000 OFF. I walked over out of curiosity to see what it was. It was a loaded black Abarth. That Abarth had every single available option possible. I think the MSRP was over $40K? The salesman followed and asked if I wanted to try it out. He said they were looking to blow it out to get rid of it. My first impression was how much better the interior looked compared to a ND. I took that car for a test drive and slowly became more and more interested. I have been bouncing back and forth between a Abarth and Miata.
Here in Australia the 124 Abarth was released in 2016. l went to the official launch here in Melbourne around August of that year. l was hooked as soon as l saw the cars, and placed my order for a pearl white car one month later. My car has been wonderful not a single problem covered around 31,000 klms now.

·
Registered
2019 124 Lusso
39 Posts
Looked for a Miata last summer during Covid lockdown, but none in stock. Fiat dealer near me had 10 cars, including my 2019 at $9,000 off MSRP. Turned out to be a lucky find!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts