Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Lusso: Red with black interior
33 Posts
Today I drove up to Port Perry -- a nice lakeside town just North East of Toronto. Just did my first 1000 Km ( most of which was done with a big grin on my face).

I guess I'm still in the "break in" phase and have been trying to keep the revs between 2000 and 3500.

Can't wait to start opening it up and letting it get into the 5000s where there is more power!

Any thoughts on how much longer I should wait?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Abarth 6MT, all the options, Chipbox and OEM Abarth fender badges. Pedalbooster not installed
728 Posts
I don't recall what the owners manual states so I'd go at least an additional 600 km. That'd put you at 1,000 miles. Others may have better information than I.

Reactions: Jcanuck

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
321 Posts
Break in should be at most one thousand miles. Change that fluid and let her rip!

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Lusso: Red with black interior
33 Posts
Break in should be at most one thousand miles. Change that fluid and let her rip!
Sounds good! Is it just the oil that I should have changed or the transmission fluid as well? My Spider is my first manual transmission.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Abarth 124 Brillante White Velleno package with Monza exhaust.
321 Posts
Sounds good! Is it just the oil that I should have changed or the transmission fluid as well? My Spider is my first manual transmission.

Thanks!
I did it all for pice of mind. I did amsoil in the engine, redline MT90 in the gear box, and amsoil in the diff. Some members said they had a lot of discolored fluid come out at low miles when changing and I figured if it’s up in the air might as well just change them all. It cost one hundred and twenty odd dollars for the fluids and engine oil filter. Money well spent in my opinion. Now I don’t have to worry about the fluids save the engine oil for about thirty thousand miles. Oh and I would change the oil every five thousand at absolute most. Earlier if you do in town mostly or traffic. That oil gets super dirty really fast. The break in oil was already super dark at the twelve hundred miles my first oil change. All other fluids came out super clean in my case though. Hopefully the next oil change the oil will come out cleaner but I might change the oil every twenty five hundred.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts