Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those of you who have one, where do you keep your CCW? I usually just throw it on the passenger seat, but that's not always an option if I have a passenger so I put it in the glove compartment, which is a bit annoying to get to. Does anyone have any methods or locations that work well for them? With the side bolstering these seats have, leaving it clipped on me isn't really an option, especially if I'm open carrying the 1911.

·
Registered
208 Posts
hmmm,
I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what you were asking.:confused:
Being from Canada, CCW means counter clockwise - so you can understand my confusion?????
:)

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
I'm confused too...urban dictionary wasn't helpful unless it "Carrying a Concealed Weapon" and there was a few other NSFW definitions!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
The CCW is at the gas pedal, and is controlled by me with my foot.>:)

·
Registered
476 Posts
i got the small catch all tray that someone suggested that i slipped between the center console and the passenger seat and i keep my phone, wallet and keys in it while driving but haven't felt the need for a CCW since i don't usually travel around inner city chicago where i feel my life is in danger all day, but this country is getting crazier so maybe in a few years i might have to.

·
Administrator
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm,
I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what you were asking.:confused:
Being from Canada, CCW means counter clockwise - so you can understand my confusion?????
:)
I'm confused too...urban dictionary wasn't helpful unless it "Carrying a Concealed Weapon" and there was a few other NSFW definitions!
Yep, Concealed Carry Weapon. I live in Indiana, which has the highest per-capita rate of conceal carry permit holders in the nation (excluding states that can carry without a permit).

i got the small catch all tray that someone suggested that i slipped between the center console and the passenger seat and i keep my phone, wallet and keys in it while driving but haven't felt the need for a CCW since i don't usually travel around inner city chicago where i feel my life is in danger all day, but this country is getting crazier so maybe in a few years i might have to.
I actually just bought that tray yesterday for that purpose after thinking it over.

I stopped making it a habit to carry everywhere when I got the 124 and need to start again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always carry mine on my hip. I live in Virginia so ours is called a CHP. I also have the option of open carry but either way I keep it holstered on my hip. I slide it into a position that doesn't interfere with the seat.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Being of British background, I don't really have any great exposure to firearms. I did get to spend some time in the Kansas City Police Department firing range at their training academy and realized if I did ever need to use a gun, just about the only safe person would be the person I was trying to aim at.

I am not a natural.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Down here in Texas...we

For those of you who have one, where do you keep your CCW? I usually just throw it on the passenger seat, but that's not always an option if I have a passenger so I put it in the glove compartment, which is a bit annoying to get to. Does anyone have any methods or locations that work well for them? With the side bolstering these seats have, leaving it clipped on me isn't really an option, especially if I'm open carrying the 1911.
all keep them on our back windshields...and since my back windshield folds down into the boot bottom, I had to use Velcro to stick it on my back windscreen. LOL

Talk about a conversation starter!! LOL:D:D;);)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I always carry mine on my hip. I live in Virginia so ours is called a CHP. I also have the option of open carry but either way I keep it holstered on my hip. I slide it into a position that doesn't interfere with the seat.
Hahaha! Being from California, I HAD to look that one up. CHP here usually refers to California Highway Patrol, so I was confused. :D

All good now!.

@XtremeRevolution, I dare you to rock one of these with some shorts in the Spider, and post the pic! >:)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Being of British background, I don't really have any great exposure to firearms. I did get to spend some time in the Kansas City Police Department firing range at their training academy and realized if I did ever need to use a gun, just about the only safe person would be the person I was trying to aim at.

I am not a natural.
Ehhh maybe we can exchange notes on Scotch which you almost certainly know more about and I can help you with that, I'm an LEO and a firearms instructor, I'll get ya squared away. (obviously guns first, scotch later :D)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
A 1911 is so big it takes up the whole passenger seat, doesn't it? ;)
There is a weight limit in the car, you know :eek:

Just kidding; trying to conceal-carry a 1911 feels like carrying a bag of rocks around with you, and sitting in a car with supportive seats is tricky to get comfortable!

If it's open carry, maybe attach a holster to a plate (wood, or heavy plastic) which slides between the seat and the center tunnel.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts