Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ultimately gave up on the 124 due to the garbage infotainment/ and Bose stereo. FINALLY a base car came in, in a color I'm looking for, during driving I can stash the phone in the cuby where the rotary knob would be, but how do you all navigate with google maps, place the phone up against the speedo??

I really would like to find a way to do a radio delete on the base radio, surely there has to be a way to take the display assembly off the base pedestal, and put that back into place without having to 3d print a piece.

Brian you selling anything yet?!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Suction cup to the windshield right of instruments.

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I do want a map view, this works fine. Otherwise the phone stays in the little phone-shaped cubby on the left side of that same tray.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i saw someplace that someone had made a holder that goes on the passenger side front cup holder slot

·
Registered
669 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a Kenu Airframe phone holder that attaches to the vent. It fits all size smart phones, and so far I can not shake it off the vent (my Belkin fell off when the road became rough). Came highly recommended from my tech friends who work in Silicon Valley and commute every day. It's available in black and in white on Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was concerned that a vent clip would fall off during hard cornering or on a bumpy road. So I got this vent clip that has a tooth that locks behind the vent slat. I clipped it on the far left side of the AC vent under the screen. It has worked great so far. I was worried that the slats would be too wide and not let the tooth lock in place, but it fit perfectly.
Safergo Never Fall Off Tiger Teeth
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KJKNTS0

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Kenu Airframe phone holder that attaches to the vent. It fits all size smart phones, and so far I can not shake it off the vent (my Belkin fell off when the road became rough). Came highly recommended from my tech friends who work in Silicon Valley and commute every day. It's available in black and in white on Amazon.
I had one of these in the Giulietta, but eventually it became frustrating to use as it went free spinning (the gears wouldn't catch anymore). I had to superglue the parts together to make it fit. The wife's car has a Belkin mounted one, and I hate it.

Will look out for the safergo one, just need to find one that will ship to Australia...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ended up pulling the trigger on this - windscreen mounted, as I decided that I don't want to lose a vent - and so far so good. Almost as sturdy as my ram mount holder, but the clamp mechanism messed badly with my phone (S7 edge)

I should take a better photo of it, maybe tomorrow morning ?

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts