Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to remove the sub from the Bose system to allow for a reasonable amount of passenger leg room - an absolute must for me to be in the passenger seat. (My wife really would like to drive occasionally!)

So - looking at additional sub options - probably going to put one in the empty tire well in the trunk. But - I have no idea where the Bose amp is located. Can someone tell me how to reach it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link but Ameridan's blog was actually the inspiration for my project. My confusion is that the blog (with photos, obviously, of the Mazda - the CD player is in the middle)- refers to the amp behind the drivers seat but the photo shows no amp there unless its really well camouflaged. Other documentation refers to the amp being under the area where the top sits when it is down, which would imply you'd access it from the trunk maybe. It may be that running the wire from the front is easiest but I'd like specifics before I start.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My understanding is that the Bose amp is behind the drivers seat. Otherwise the amp is part of the TAU in the passenger side footwell.

There is a possibilty that the Mazda MX_5 in the photo is a non-Bose system. Also, the article I read long ago may have been written for RHD vehicles (I see a module on the passenger side in the photo).

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My understanding is that the Bose amp is behind the drivers seat. Otherwise the amp is part of the TAU in the passenger side footwell.

There is a possibilty that the Mazda MX_5 in the photo is a non-Bose system. Also, the article I read long ago may have been written for RHD vehicles (I see a module on the passenger side in the photo).
I do see what you are referring to. Assuming its on the same side in either LHD or RHD drive cars because of that location if that's the amp. I'd guess same location regardless of the sound system? The pictures that Bose uses to promote the system shows a metal colored amp with lots of cooling fins - whatever that module is, at least its the right color. it looks like it would be a real PITA to get to so I'll probably just run a wire along the door from the SW connector. Thanks!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, pulled the Bose sub...1 ohm if anyone needs to know....and put a better one in the trunk. What those Miata photos don't quite get across is how dang big that sub actually is! No wonder there's no legroom on the passenger side. I've attached a photo with it sitting on the floor to hopefully give an idea of scale.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts