Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 UK-spec (RHD) Abarth and want to fit aftermarket front and rear anti-roll bars.

A lot of members on here mention using Eibach versions, but looking at MX5parts.co,uk and Demon Tweeks, and it suggests that Eibach don't make them for the newer cars?

Which version did other forum members buy / fit?

Is it recommended to also buy new drop links, then perhaps return them if not needed? Are standard or aftermarket ones recommended?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I have the Eibach and in PR we have bad roads. 2 settings - almost too uncomfortable (but not quite that level) and too uncomfortable.

Car handles very well but I’m sure it could be more precise in the front end for autocross.

A forum member that races @Spoolin32 does not use Sway bars, just stiff coilovers, so keep that in mind too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, perhaps I didn't phrase my question very well.

I'll try again.

I want to buy the Eibach anti-roll bar kit but I can't find it listed for the 124 or ND MX-5.

• What is the Eibach part number?

• Can anyone send me a link please?
@Greg, @Jowster, @Newod, @Brett67 ?

·
Registered
235 Posts

I'll try again.

I want to buy the Eibach anti-roll bar kit but I can't find it listed for the 124 or ND MX-5.

Hi

I got mine direct from Eibach UK. Ordered them via their customer services number. Well pleased with them.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I don’t think it’s needed to change out the drop links, unless the suspension level is significantly changed, setup for racing to eek out that extra performance gain.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

I'll try again.

is it not the same part # as listen on the Eibach site? Google eibach 124spider and it appears quickly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it not the same part # as listen on the Eibach site? Google eibach 124spider and it appears quickly.
Strange, it's not listed on the Eibach UK site. I Googled it as you suggested and found it on the Eibach US site. I will ring the UK number tomorrow and give them the part number off the US site.

Part number E40-55-019-01-11 for the reference of any future readers of this post.

Thanks!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Eibach and in PR we have bad roads. 2 settings - almost too uncomfortable (but not quite that level) and too uncomfortable.

Car handles very well but I’m sure it could be more precise in the front end for autocross.

A forum member that races @Spoolin32 does not use Sway bars, just stiff coilovers, so keep that in mind too.
MiniDreamcar: I have been sitting on a set of Eibach sway bars for 6 months for my abarth. I already have Eibach springs which I like a lot. They are compliant but slightly stiffer than stock. I love my ride because I'm in Los Angeles and we have horrible roads too. When you say "almost too uncomfortable," Could you elaborate on that?

Because I'm thinking about not putting these on and just doing a little bit of chassis stiffening. I've installed sway bars on several other cars and I've had both good and bad experiences with them. I don't like a big oversteering rear bar. I like my nose down in the corner and I like to feel that weight transfer in the back. Anyways enough about my thoughts I'm interested in yours since you have those sway bars.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
MiniDreamcar: I have been sitting on a set of Eibach sway bars for 6 months for my abarth. I already have Eibach springs which I like a lot. They are compliant but slightly stiffer than stock. I love my ride because I'm in Los Angeles and we have horrible roads too. When you say "almost too uncomfortable," Could you elaborate on that?

Because I'm thinking about not putting these on and just doing a little bit of chassis stiffening. I've installed sway bars on several other cars and I've had both good and bad experiences with them. I don't like a big oversteering rear bar. I like my nose down in the corner and I like to feel that weight transfer in the back. Anyways enough about my thoughts I'm interested in yours since you have those sway bars.
im in LA and roads are wonderful in comparison. Hurry and install those sway bars, damn!
In stiff setting upon imperfections, it is too jittery for my preference (i daily)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Because I'm thinking about not putting these on and just doing a little bit of chassis stiffening. I've installed sway bars on several other cars and I've had both good and bad experiences with them. I don't like a big oversteering rear bar. I like my nose down in the corner and I like to feel that weight transfer in the back. ....
You don’t have to put the rear on. It’s a very simple job to put on and off, so if it’s too much, just put the stock back on (the front is a much bigger job).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I come from the Mustang world and for track work or pro touring in the late model stick axle Mustangs we would often eliminate the rear sway bar and that worked on those front-engine heavy cars. However I also had coilovers and a torque arm. So I guess my next question is: Is there anybody running a setup with just a front sway bar and how is it working out? I am not taking this car to the track just for the street.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion. Yes I could experiment myself but I guess I'm just soliciting everyone else's experience. I come from the Mustang world and for track work or pro touring in the late model stick axle Mustangs we would often eliminate the rear sway bar and that worked on those front-engine heavy cars. However I also had coilovers and a torque arm. So I guess my next question is: Is there anybody running a setup with just a front sway bar and how is it working out? I am not taking this car to the track just for the street.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts