Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's the Record Monza Euro spec, and I wouldn't want him loading my brand new car onto a transporter for sure.Bet the clutch smelt a bit after that lot

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Record Monza sounds freaking awesome. Since we can't get that in the States, what exhaust comes close ?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Record Monza sounds freaking awesome. Since we can't get that in the States, what exhaust comes close ?
I'm being patient. I'll have it shipped from overseas if I have to, once I find a vendor.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Abarth 124 Scorpione ?

To be fair, my euro spec 124 needs a bit of clutch slipping when doing slow manoeuvres, especially on a gradient. Theres a bit of lag, low down in the rev range.

Interestingly it looks like he has the headlights switched to "on" rather than "auto" daylight running lights.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Record Monza "The grass is always greener!"
In the UK all Abarth 124's come with the Record Monza. One of the reasons I didn't want an Abarth is the Record Monza. It has a terrible reputation on the 500s for the valve ( which creates the sound that some of you like and I think is ****) sticking - either open or shut. Those that have them on 500's eventually change them for an aftermarket solution. But that's in the UK - other countries may be different. It is a poorly engineered solution for a crazy price. There are much better solutions and more to come for less money.

Danny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts