Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've learned from being a part of other enthusiast car communities that over time, some parts become really hard to find as stocks dwindle.

What parts for the 124 are already unavailable?

I learned that the following Abarth logo floor mats that were originally a Mopar accessory and then later blown out through the Veleno package are no longer available from anyone anywhere. Zero remaining dealer stock.

Part # 82215028AB

Azure Sleeve Gesture Grey Font

What else? Any parts or accessories in Europe that are hard to come by?

·
Premium Member
2018 124 Abarth
300 Posts
It would be hard to answer that question right now given that the entire global supply chain has been messed up for almost 2 years due to so many businesses affected by the covid pandemic. Shortages in paper products, electronics, clothing, and grocery items are common today. I couldn't even find my cats' preferred cat food this afternoon. I need to try some other pet stores tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
Those are a couple of great links to the product. The caveat would be to contact them and find out if they have access to stock, or if they'd just take your money and then tell you they're back-ordered.

But, if someone can find some in stock and can lay hands on them... if it were me, I'd buy a couple of sets and keep one as a spare. Personally, my older 2017 Abarth came with the stock Fiat mats, and I then purchased the MOPAR Abarth branded version to replace them. So my back up mats are the Fiat ones. One other consideration, if a person is after the Abarth branding on the floor mats but can't source the OEM mats, is to obtain foot plates. This is an older photo that shows when I first installed them (using short Chicago screws), and I had placed them closer to the seat to show up better. I've since relocated them to the proper location so they work to protect the mat under my heel while doing the 3 pedal tango. The driver side plate is rectangular and the passenger side is square due to the shape of the mats. And yes, I know, not something everyone likes the look of. :)
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Trunk Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
634 Posts
Or, you might still be able to go the route I went if you can find two logo plates like this one. The only thing is that these are now listed as "pre-orders" so I'd also contact them to see if they will actually ever get them in stock at any point in the future or if they are now permanently unobtainium. This was the original EU spec for Abarth Spider floor mats. The plates are designed to fit in and cover the 124 Spider logo woven into the floor mats.
Hood Automotive design Font Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2019 124 Abarth, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C
100 Posts
I learned that the following Abarth logo floor mats that were originally a Mopar accessory and then later blown out through the Veleno package are no longer available from anyone anywhere. Zero remaining dealer stock.

Part # 82215028AB
I stored mine as soon as we were home from the dealer and went to OE rubber mats, but found the same thing when I tried to order a set last week- NLA and order canceled even though they showed in stock. I did order an extra set of rubber mats.......and same experience with other niche cars that I have owned that were discontinued, certain parts dry up quick.

·
Registered
Abarth 124 Spider in Isola d'Elba Blue with Heritage Pack
98 Posts
Those are a couple of great links to the product. The caveat would be to contact them and find out if they have access to stock, or if they'd just take your money and then tell you they're back-ordered.

One other consideration, if a person is after the Abarth branding on the floor mats but can't source the OEM mats, is to obtain foot plates. This is an older photo that shows when I first installed them (using short Chicago screws), and I had placed them closer to the seat to show up better. I've since relocated them to the proper location so they work to protect the mat under my heel while doing the 3 pedal tango. The driver side plate is rectangular and the passenger side is square due to the shape of the mats. And yes, I know, not something everyone likes the look of. :)
These look quite cool - are they from Ivano Melisi? (Also known as 'ILovePoggiapiedi'?)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
My Abarth came with two sets of mats. The FIAT mats were, in effect, instant spares.

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
330 Posts
Im not sure of the official status, but I just picked up two more Alcantara scorpion center console armrests from Japan. This is the only Abarth-specific Alcantara piece, and also likely the one to wear out the quickest. I imagine these will be pretty difficult to acquire in the near future.

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Abarth
79 Posts
I got some floor mats with this logo from a European dealer last year. Looks a lot better than the blocky scorpion on the Mopar mats in my opinion.
Sleeve Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Grey

·
Registered
2017 Spider Abarth AT
634 Posts
Unfortunately neither of these folks have any in stock and as has been pointed out they were discontinued by Mopar as of 9/22/21. The only way you might find them is from a wrecked car with the Veleno package, on eBay, or if a dealer has a set sitting on the shelf. So these are probably entering the realm of unobtainium. Sad to see it, but not surprising.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Getting any parts in the uk is a challenge at a reasonable price. Dealers aren’t great and purchasing from Europe is becoming a problem with Brexit. The shipping and tax costs from mopar are crazy coming from the US.

·
Registered
2017 Abarth 124 Spider
471 Posts
Im not sure of the official status, but I just picked up two more Alcantara scorpion center console armrests from Japan. This is the only Abarth-specific Alcantara piece, and also likely the one to wear out the quickest. I imagine these will be pretty difficult to acquire in the near future.
James....can you post a link to that? I've been chasing that part off and on for a while. Thx!

Re the premium mats, I just spoke to the dealer in Anchorage, Alaska, as Mopar put my order through to them and they have no inventory. The guy I spoke to said there is nothing left nationwide in their computer system.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got some floor mats with this logo from a European dealer last year. Looks a lot better than the blocky scorpion on the Mopar mats in my opinion.
View attachment 88455
Those look great. Anyone have a part number and/or link to those? Are those an official part or a nice aftermarket part?

·
Registered
2020 124 Spider Abarth
79 Posts
Those look great. Anyone have a part number and/or link to those? Are those an official part or a nice aftermarket part?
I bought them from TMC Motorsport in the UK. They were on a great sale last year, cost and shipping to the US was less then Mopar mats. The part number may have been 78007.

·
Registered
2019 124 Spider Abarth
330 Posts
James....can you post a link to that? I've been chasing that part off and on for a while. Thx!
[email protected]

The site and contact are here. The first time I reached out directly to the email but recently they have a form on their site that lets you request the items you want. They then reach out via email to confirm and if you accept will send a PayPal request.

I just ran the site through Google translate.

The parts made it to me from Tokyo in 4 days!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Unfortunately neither of these folks have any in stock and as has been pointed out they were discontinued by Mopar as of 9/22/21. The only way you might find them is from a wrecked car with the Veleno package, on eBay, or if a dealer has a set sitting on the shelf. So these are probably entering the realm of unobtainium. Sad to see it, but not surprising.
That first link now says no longer available. It didn't say that when I ordered mine yesterday.:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts