Fiat 124 Spider Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, since purchasing my automatic 2017 Abarth 124 Spider with 47,000km I have noticed a loud whining noise coming from the engine bay when accelerating.

This sound only appears when the car is cold, as it warms up the sound goes away. Attached is the sound the car makes ( ), it is difficult to hear the sound with the wind noise although if you focus on the background noise, you will be able to hear the sharp whining noise.

I have read other posts relating to this but not one clear answer. Has this happened to anyone else, if so how can I fix it???

Link to audio clip: Engine Sound

Thank you!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys, since purchasing my automatic 2017 Abarth 124 Spider with 47,000km I have noticed a loud whining noise coming from the engine bay when accelerating.

This sound only appears when the car is cold, as it warms up the sound goes away. Attached is the sound the car makes ( ), it is difficult to hear the sound with the wind noise although if you focus on the background noise, you will be able to hear the sharp whining noise.

I have read other posts relating to this but not one clear answer. Has this happened to anyone else, if so how can I fix it???

Link to audio clip: Engine Sound

Thank you!!
@robert8899 - I have the same issue, I'm trying to listen to your file but the link isn't working

1 - 3 of 3 Posts